Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Thanks @SirRaven

It's definetly worth breaking 4set T14 for 522 non-tier items based on the amount of stats you gain. The 4set itself isn't very strong. The 2 set arguably is, but should be worth breaking unless you replace them with a horribly itemized item.

To be fair I'd rather they built in something with some form of a ramp-up time (Seal of Justice style, think rolling Censures with a buffed TV on top on it) and/or requirement to setup as a damage buff (Think Inq v2, debuff on target costing HP) rather than a flat out buff to SoL. This buff is going to make pvp far more bursty (Which already is one of rets problems) as well as putting the nail in the coffin for our T15 4set bonus at 5.4 release, and when that set bonus gets nerfed to the ground, we'll be in a pretty bad place for progression spots, unless insane coining luck and/or several normal mode clears the first week.

If the buff does stay, however, we argubly might be the top contender for weapon drops due to massive scaling x]

I'm curious if we'll see fights involving long-standing adds for aoe though. The aoe buff they did to us has made no impact this tier, as most if not every possible aoe scenario is dead within seconds, making that aoe buff a laugh at best.
    why will our 4P get nerfed because we get a 13% buff? also, in T16, we'll get another 2P and 4P to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Please, please, please, please, please, please let the sword of light buff stay as it is!
    I laughed a bit when I saw it, couldn't believe it... had to rub my eyes (just woke up) read it again and then re-read it another time just to be sure...

That buff should firmly takes us into top 5 dps specs right? Maybe even higher...

Kinda scared people will cry at ret being OP for some reason and then we'll be nerfed again and useless for the rest of mop, a lot of us said during MoP beta that SoL had to be buffed every patch in order for rets to be viable and here we are...
    It won't bring us into the top 5 except on fights like ji-kun and jin'rokh. Paladins are the worst DPS class in the game at this moment and it's a necessary buff to bring us to par. Shamans could use a little DPS love too.

Worst? Are monks beating us now?

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    It won't bring us into the top 5 except on fights like ji-kun and jin'rokh. Paladins are the worst DPS class in the game at this moment and it's a necessary buff to bring us to par. Shamans could use a little DPS love too.
    If you're talking about enha, sure. Ele is just broken atm.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    29 468 502

not 3 mil, 30 mil. 6M each. for the rogues, it's about 7% of their damage, for the rest it's around 4%.
    Oops, damn separators. So I've overreacted a bit.

Deleted
    I've tweeted GC about it.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...52633607696384

it's an actual buff.

Who appreciates the comedy that last expansion in firelands we got a 2handed spec buff. And here we are at the same time in another expansion with the same buff.

Also Heroic durumu + ret = FUUUUUUUU killed it last night and we are god awful on this fight. That and I prolly have the worst gear in the entire guild because nothing drops.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-04-12 at 09:12 PM.

Me and the other ret (i've been a member for over 14months he like 2 months) have the worst gear of any raider (and some trials, warrior dps) because we and the loot council have agreed that gearing ret over other melee and conq users is a waste. Not because we don't bring cds etc to the raid but this early in progress and dps being on the tight side and 4set ret is 60% to not do anything it's hard to say if we'll do 130k single target or 160k. Bringing a dps which can't reproduce numbers to a fight where dps is tight is just not a good idea...

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 09:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Who appreciates the comedy that last expansion in firelands we got a 2handed spec buff. And here we are at the same time in another expansion with the same buff.
    I think the funniest thing is that we've complained and said that RNG wasn't a playstyle we were happy with and it didn't work, then we get T15 bonuses... one of them 100% RNG and the other partially RNG. That said it's quite fun to see 500k pure TV hits not counting hand of light.

Hunting why are you always so goddamn negative. Ret was good but it needed all the tools Trinket , 4set, Weapon. Of those i have none because NOTHING HAS EVER DROPPED . Now with 15% SoL buff. All I gotta say is when you get the ideal items 541 wpn, Trinkets, 535 BIS, meta. Ret was gonna be hilarious. And yeah mastery just took a huge jump pretty sure this final notch on weapon scaling pushes mastery nearly above strength but well see. Prolly is above it now with broken shit like Ji-kun anyhow.

I know I'm overly negative at times (nearly always) but that's how I generally feel :P
    But trust me, when you finally get 4 set you'll shout and swear in front of your screen wondering why the fuck 4set isn't proccing one try and the next try you're laughing like a mad man as it procs 10 times in a row. As fun as the latter one is it's not very fun overall and it makes ret hard to pick to raids when our dps can change as much as 30k depending on 4set proc, then consider how tight some of the encounters are (council empower targets/twisted fate). On a night the numbers will even out but from try to try it's gonna hurt a lot if your rets have completely horrible rng, if the rng is awesome it's good but progress needs consistent numbers which rets (sadly) don't have atm.

Feel free to disagree, I don't care much about you seeing me as a crying baby... I still have a point from time to time.

Deleted
    I've found the 4 set is proccing reliably. Granted there are occasions where it goes a while without it but that's to be expected on a 40% proc. Getting 10 Sparks and hoping the proc of the 10th aligns with your Feather proc is of more concern to me. Love those big ES crits!

541 wep, 4-set, trinkets, meta gem... Anaxie is right, ret is really fun when you have all those ^^ And with that SoL buff incoming "soon"... /drool
    Oh and the metagem is working out to be around 4-5% of my total damage on average. Pretty nice for a gem. Cheers Wrathion, keep more stuff like this coming please.

I know I'm overly negative at times (nearly always) but that's how I generally feel :P
    But trust me, when you finally get 4 set you'll shout and swear in front of your screen wondering why the fuck 4set isn't proccing one try and the next try you're laughing like a mad man as it procs 10 times in a row. As fun as the latter one is it's not very fun overall and it makes ret hard to pick to raids when our dps can change as much as 30k depending on 4set proc, then consider how tight some of the encounters are (council empower targets/twisted fate). On a night the numbers will even out but from try to try it's gonna hurt a lot if your rets have completely horrible rng, if the rng is awesome it's good but progress needs consistent numbers which rets (sadly) don't have atm.

Feel free to disagree, I don't care much about you seeing me as a crying baby... I still have a point from time to time.
    40% is fine. What you're experiencing is a symptom of Ret's terrible DPS, not the cause. The actual DPS is just bad - hence, the buff.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Novaslice View Post
    I've found the 4 set is proccing reliably. Granted there are occasions where it goes a while without it but that's to be expected on a 40% proc. Getting 10 Sparks and hoping the proc of the 10th aligns with your Feather proc is of more concern to me. Love those big ES crits!

541 wep, 4-set, trinkets, meta gem... Anaxie is right, ret is really fun when you have all those ^^ And with that SoL buff incoming "soon"... /drool
    Oh and the metagem is working out to be around 4-5% of my total damage on average. Pretty nice for a gem. Cheers Wrathion, keep more stuff like this coming please.
    The legendary metagem for rogues is like 6-7% of their already-higher damage, rofl.

If I were given the choice of having stable dps every try instead of 130k one try and 160k one try (random numbers) I'd chose to have stable dps every try so I can tell my raidleader (and fellow raiders) that I can contribute "this much" every try instead of going: "Well if rng is good I'll do this much, if it's bad I'll do this much."

Like I said, consistent numbers in any progression raid is favorable over randomness. You can set up and fix consistent problems, you can't with random occurring ones.

Yes ret is under performing because of the spec being behind everyone else and not the T15 4set bonus, but I still think the 4set bonus (and 2 set) is horrible. Fun, exciting and insanely strong if you're lucky... but equally shit if you're not.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-04-13 at 12:18 AM.

If I were given the choice of having stable dps every try instead of 130k one try and 160k one try (random numbers) I'd chose to have stable dps every try so I can tell my raidleader (and fellow raiders) that I can contribute "this much" every try instead of going: "Well if rng is good I'll do this much, if it's bad I'll do this much."

Like I said, consistent numbers in any progression raid is favorable over randomness. You can set up and fix consistent problems, you can't with random occurring ones.

Yes ret is under performing because of the spec being behind everyone else and not the T15 4set bonus, but I still think the 4set bonus (and 2 set) is horrible. Fun, exciting and insanely strong if you're lucky... but equally shit if you're not.
    Insanely strong? Not likely. Even in the better RNG scenarios an Assassination Rogue will still outDPS you unless you're retardedly lucky with crits. That will be more of a factor than the 4-set. Sometimes the swing of RNG is better to get those kills - and there's always going to be RNG. I don't think 4-set crosses the bounds beyond reasonable RNG, but maybe that's just me.

Council tightly tuned? lol what

Yeah, I thought the same thing Rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Council tightly tuned? lol what
    felt like that for us anyways :P

felt like that for us anyways :P
    In what aspect? We really didn't have much trouble at all burning the 20% needed to force out the spirit when everyone was alive, and we had me and 3 rogues on Sul most of the time.

so I crunched the numbers a bit and for me the sword of light buff is usually a ~10% increase in overall damage, slightly higher with lots of AOE going closer to 11%.