Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    I think our VP is better spent on upgrades considering how much expertise we have already.
    Better off just buying the rep ring/necklace.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    Better off just buying the rep ring/necklace.
    + Cloak haste/mast

Seal of Justice info that I know of so far... it stacks off every melee attack including the following: Judgment, white swings, Crusader Strike and even Templar's Verdict. It consumes the charges when you Templar's Verdict but it gives you one for that Templar's Verdict right after. Not sure if dodged/parried counts yet, I'm in the middle of a raid atm.

Best way is to prolly save 1500valor (+1000 first week for ring-neck (since both are garbage this tier while cloak is somewhat decent) and heavily invest into upgrades (if any) that ya will keep through the majority of the progress. Thats for those who have everything on farm + full bis and are focused in gaining as much as possible in the shortest amount of time (true progress raiders).
    But ye as expected haste and crit passive trinkets should beat the rest.
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2013-02-14 at 02:54 AM.
    WoW = Retired Main: Ret Alt(s): War , DK

Diablo3

I wonder if Capacitate is able to proc trinkets, steel, more capacitate charges.

The meta, and the trinket options should make haste the best stat more then ever. I guess 4 pce helps that too.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 09:40 PM ----------

GC pretty much said Feather of Ji-Kun has no ICD and can proc anytime after the normal proc would end. If keeping Primodius stacked is unrelistic we may be far better off using feather.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-14 at 09:44 PM.

Stat weights for ret

I ran myself through simcraft and got the following results.

What is the best value of haste to have?
    I was under the impression that there was no haste cap.
    armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Usted/simple
    Haste: 10422
    STR: 14838
    hit and exp are slightly over cap simply because my gear has a lot of hit/exp

At this point should it be obvious that I should drop some haste gems for STR gems?

edit: As a side note I have normal mode tier legs in my bags, and I have the normal mode chest piece from spirit kings.
    Last edited by Bombercloner; 2013-02-14 at 09:54 PM.

@ Bombercloner ya need higher dmg range weapons to outscale the gear you're wearing in terms of haste value and it looks like str is the way to go for ya atm. And how many itterations did ya run btw?

Diablo3

Currently my guild is 15/16hm and getting close to killing sha (8% wipes). Would it be worthwhile getting sha axe and upgrading and using it for all of normal 5.2 content due to the 500str + 320 haste, or does the lower weap dmg make 522ilvl weaps come out on top?

Here's a link to my Armory! Licmyseal on Thaurissan
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-02-15 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Fixed for link.

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    @ Bombercloner ya need higher dmg range weapons to outscale the gear you're wearing in terms of haste value and it looks like str is the way to go for ya atm. And how many itterations did ya run btw?
    I ran it with 50,000 iterations. (it took like half an hour, lol) So what does that mean? Do I need to drop haste for more strength? and appx how much haste should I drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Licmyseal View Post
    Currently my guild is 15/16hm and getting close to killing sha (8% wipes). Would it be worthwhile getting sha axe and upgrading and using it for all of normal 5.2 content due to the 500str + 320 haste, or does the lower weap dmg make 522ilvl weaps come out on top?

Here's a link to my Armory! Licmyseal on Thaurissan
    To any future posts like this I'll be short and blunt.

Retribution loves weapon damage. Weapon jumps are 1500-6000 Wpn damage between upgrades now.

Ilvl ALWAYS wins.

Ilvl of weapons will be worth even more after obtaining the new 4 set coming soon.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-15 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    I ran it with 50,000 iterations. (it took like half an hour, lol) So what does that mean? Do I need to drop haste for more strength? and appx how much haste should I drop?
    Ye, I ran you aswell and got same results. Just try equipping shatterH if ya get one before the trade option times out and relog with it and try to re-sim. For me every upgrade I get just further increases the value of haste.

Diablo3

simmed myself reforged H > M > C - the stat weights showed H>C>M
    reforged to H>C>M - the stat weights showed H>M>C

guess that mastery and crit are extremely close with the gear set I have.

ilvl 503 with hc starshatter simmed with sim 510-10 (10,000 reps)
    "light movement"
    Str 3.45
    Mst 1.45
    Cri 1.42
    Hst 1.42

"patchwerk"
    Str 3.51
    Hst 1.62
    Cri 1.49
    Mst 1.46

Sims have been saying the Str>2*haste for some while for me, but gemming haste/haste+hit just "feels" smoother

Despair are recruiting see RecuitPost for details or visit http://www.eu-despair.com

Has anyone seen the 4-set Ret PvP set...?

Looks pretty overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Has anyone seen the 4-set Ret PvP set...?

Looks pretty overpowered.
    Yeah it's the same as the PvE 4-set.

Any ideas on how much valor we should have saved up for the patch? Since we get certain gear at certain reputation levels, which I assume we can only reach certain levels after so many weeks of raiding, we shouldn't need a full 3k, right? Ring, Neck and Cloak is all we need? 3750 valor. I haven't been able to find how fast we'll be able to gain reputation. I'd like to be able to maximize the upgrades on my gear before 5.2 without slowing my VP reward gains in the patch.

Neck - 1250 vp (Neutral)
    Ring - 1250 vp (Friendly)
    Cloak - 1250 vp (Honored)

Remember that you will get "free" 1000 extra VP on that same reset as patch launches.

Diablo3

Yeah, I get how that works into the equation, I'm just not sure what the time table looks like for us getting to each one of the reputation levels. First week Neutral, I think we can assume pretty easy. How long to get Friendly and Honored? Do I only need 1250 to grab the neck item right away? (250, if you want to smash through 1k valor on patch day) Or should I bank 1500? 1250 for the neck then get 1k over the week for the other 1250 for the ring? I'm just trying to work out the math so I can upgrade as many pieces as I can before patch day without sacrificing when I get the vp rewards.

Well considering I'll be stuck using current 4set for quite abit and the level of my current gear, I'll prolly only bank 1500 which is ring+neck with 1000valor from that week and focus on upgrading stuff I won't be replacing very soon.

Diablo3

Well yeah, I would assume we are keeping 4 set until we replace it with... 4 set? Doubt I'm wrong but who knows

You can only gain reputation 1 time per week lets say... 250 per boss?

Bam 3k rep 12/12 then guild perk for 3300 Reputation.

Then.... the weekly http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=32707

also weekly raid quests.

AND you can farm island rares for 3 ritual stones to summon a boss to obtain... Shado-Pan Assault Insignia also found in troves of thunder king and your daily finale quest bag.

ANYHOW TLDR
    You can buy neck instantly and ring after u finish 12/12. Then 2 weeks later you can buy cloak or sooner if you are aggressive.

Essentially upgrade everything and save only 1500 VP if you are sitting in Full BIS

Wouldn't worry alot about braces since Jin'rhok Heroic will come early and that guy drops random stats yellow socket bracers. GG
    2nd boss drops static stated bracers ect.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-17 at 01:47 AM.