Last edited by Reith; 2013-04-16 at 01:21 AM.
Any tips for durumu hc? How should i deal with icewalls?
We dont have many locks/eles but our dps on walls in enough so should I just tunnel boss and single first wall?
Now we are on Primordius hc without skipping and still no heroic drop for me except a shitty hit cloak from Horridon. Not that my orders+valor trinket+sha axe make me worried about hit overcap haha.
It sucks when you think about asking your RL for benching since you don't want to stall the raid progress.
shit, i got out dpsed by our assassination rogue the other day on a fight just by him afk auto attacking for 2 minutes and coming back, getting a Brez and getting a second hero. our dps is so bad right now that without uber procs were complete shit, and a 15% increase on the SoL buff wont change that. As usual. we need another overhaul, cause apparently blizz keeps wanting to go to the do unworkable burst like a god then go afk the rest of the fight till CDs are up. Lets face it, as long as they keep trying to balance PVP, our model of damage will never be ok unless it turns OP for the pvpers, and has proven to work like this for 8 some years.
Rant over time to go play in ToT and get shit on by my fellow raiders who laugh at me for even being ret >.>
Last edited by Reghame; 2013-04-15 at 05:09 AM.
All I see in this thread is people QQing and pretending we're doing 20% less DPS than other specs while it's not even close to being that dramatic. I feel like there's a lot of players in here that are doing their rotation incorrectly, jumping on the forums and seeing that other people are complaining about Ret, and then deciding that it really isn't their fault at all, it's ret being bad.
Most of these players would benefit a lot more from getting some gear upgrades and sitting on a target dummy for a while than typing long-winded posts about how "ret is so bad there's no point even bringing them".
"20% less DPS" In most cases that's being the good case scenario. Let's be honest, when you actually compare you should use same "peers" to compare with. It's not worth comparing gold to copper. Other thing is that one can/may write a whole book about how to compare things properly (yes reading and >interpreting< logs). There is also no point in comparing to the average/bottom pile because lets face it when it really matters those don't make it in anyways. Melee you should compare your spec to are basically just rogues and unholy dks this tier (dps warrior/frost dk way too situational and mostly unwanted, but even those stomp ret atm even just at utility they bring ("immortality" yes purgatory is a big thing in this tier of 1-2shotted)).
1. never look at overall parses.
2. Normal "doesn't matter", heroic is where the differences are seen.
3. Ret has a couple fights where we can inflate numbers; Jin'rokh, Tortos adds, magaera adds and Ji'kun. Those fights are "cheesable" and makes number go way off what's fact.
4. If you want to compare anything, anytime look at top parses who hasn't cheesed to get numbers. Example: heroic magaera the last spawn of adds (when 8th head has emerged) doesn't matter, any dps on them is WRONG.
5. Every fight has one class or spec dominating on it because of the class mechanics, warlocks are sick strong this tier because of how the fights are made (and they are strong anyways). Rets are weak and the fights don't work well for them. It all adds up to numbers being what they are. The "power" of ret vs warlock for instance isn't as insane as it looks on raidbots, yes the numbers say that but it has a lot to do with how the fights are made aswell as how the classes work.
2. In normal compare to normal, "end content" isn't at normal and classes aren't balanced around normal. Same way as pvp isn't balanced around 2v2 or low ratings. If anything compare normal ret paladins with other normal ret paladins, on heroic any "unbalance" or difference between specs gets multiplied tenfold.
4. Lets not make a fruit salad
Why does it seem that ret "theorycrafting" has deluged itself into people fighting about how good ret is right now? Can we move on to actually talking about changes and how they affect us?
That is the entire point of why no one likes how ret is ATM, if we gained some sort of raid utility that's actually noticeable and actually worked for most if not all the fights i think it would be understandable, but its not.
Right now we have devo aura, which is 20% MAGIC DAMAGE, note that there are a lot of bosses that have raid damage thats not magic damage at all like quills or iron Qon's final phase. we don't bring much utility AND do bad dps to boot. there is a damn good reason why we don't get brought to many fights unless its 100% niche fight for us specifically.
It's ok, Rets can immunity for HM Lei Shen so at least 1 will possibly be brought. Good luck getting in for Ra'den though, lol.