Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    How does haste interact with the new so-called RPPM trinkets?
    More haste = more chances to get a proc and therefore a higher uptime (overall) on the trinkets?
    With the recent change/buff to the trinkets increasing the chance of a proc if the previous one failed to generate suggest that more haste = better for the trinkets.
    Or is it balanced out with a "max" proc per minute and thus making haste completely irrelevant for the trinkets?
    They scale with haste.

At 27.02% haste unbuffed im getting around 10/11 stacks with the TF ji-kun trinket

Edit: or maybe i was blind and saw 11 one time but it was really 10..... Tooltip says 23 str every 2 sec for 20 sec. For some reason was thinking haste makes you proc the stacking buff more often than every 2 sec >.> nothing to see in this post then, carry on.
    Last edited by RoughJustice; 2013-03-14 at 06:33 PM.

Last week was fun. I'm glad all those top 25m guilds were running lots of alts & multiple 10s and 25s through, because it let us sneak a US 11 lei shen 25 kill in there despite not even raiding tuesdays. lol normals, but still kinda fun.

So I was pretty happy with this tier until we got to Heroic Horridon (25). Nice fight on paper, but... very annoying to do as ret :< Anyone working on or through this with tips? Spec: Mass exo (obviously), Light's Hammer, but other than that I really cut down on most of the cleaving because we were trying hard to focus the relevant adds. Also Clemency, for tank bops. Our only other paladin (holy) went with purity, because we figured 3 bops every 5 min was enough. I also took Speed of Light, this is another fight where I've found it very very nice to zoom into the right spot for a Charge or to get off the boss and onto adds. Anyone else working on this with tips for me? How much cleaving are you doing? I figure I'll be happier with this fight when we get to the single target race portion of it, but the bit of work we put in was a little irritating last night.

Also I'm really really jealous of that polearm! I got our first piece of Heroic Thunderforged but it was much more boring, just a belt.

World of Logs having broke itself for 5.2 is really irritating, I'm trying to look through logs here to locate one of the 33 25 kills on this in the hopes one is public, and WOL isn't distinguishing heroic from N.
    Last edited by Anafielle; 2013-03-14 at 06:49 PM.

I'm benched for Horridon I'm afraid, not much melee can do there though I'm afraid. You could use dps cds to kill the 3 "big adds" first or use CDs when Horridon charges the gate and abuse the time between the "big adds" are dead and the next ones spawn.

I really don't think Light's Hammer is a valid choice on Horridon, Tortos maybe but when Horridon gets lower and lower Execution Sentence should be far better. Not to mention that the adds will rarely stay inside the light's hammer area for the full 14 sec duration or whatever it is now.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-03-14 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I'm benched for Horridon I'm afraid, not much melee can do there though I'm afraid. You could use dps cds to kill the 3 "big adds" first or use CDs when Horridon charges the gate and abuse the time between the "big adds" are dead and the next ones spawn.

I really don't think Light's Hammer is a valid choice on Horridon, Tortos maybe but when Horridon gets lower and lower Execution Sentence should be far better. Not to mention that the adds will rarely stay inside the light's hammer area for the full 14 sec duration or whatever it is now.

I tried Lights hammer a bit on (H)Horridon and it was pretty meh, way to much moving adds around for it to be fully effective. Also, don't be a scumbag, use your cds to clean up adds, you can parse on the fight later on when gear is retarded and the fight is a joke.

Light's hammer is terrible, not worth it at all. For our progression I'm running Mass exo/DP/TV glyph, and using purity for the bleeds on the 2nd door. I've tried both tab censuring and full on SoR cleaving, and I'm doing more overall damage with SoR, but probably more damage to relevant adds using SoT. Take from it what you will.

Benched for Horridon as well, yay =)
    So far I've seen only one ret on horridon 25 hc, terrible at adds but of course awesone on boss through the last phase.

What I did horridon 25 Hc kill last night Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Benched for Horridon as well, yay =)
    So far I've seen only one ret on horridon 25 hc, terrible at adds but of course awesone on boss through the last phase.

We had 2, my damage is awful, but I have zero items, my add damage was fairly good with Sor, I swapped to Truthing the boss for the most part because we were 6 healing, when we swapped to 5 healers the enrage was a joke so I probably could have gone back to SoR. I was beating many dot classes on adds, and bops are nice for tanks as well as AM/Dispels. Lots of these fights will be very easy with more gear.
    Last edited by Killmour; 2013-03-15 at 03:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    #1 on meter tonight, even beating our dk on 10man horridon. Keep that censure stack on the boss the whole fight, is nice dmg. censure was my highest dmging ability. not in a server-first-type guild, but still a fun fight to ret on, even though our add dmg is not the best.

no spark trink drop or with rune. trying to move to 25s for the better thunderforged chances and more gear drops :P
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

In terms of trinket analysis, would you guys consider the Final Orders (2/2, 497) or the thunderforged Talisman of Rage (528, crit --> [620] haste) to be performing better? I'm really not sure how I feel about the talisman's uptime.. a five stack seems almost too rare.

Ended up getting almost 2000 haste with Heroic TF belt and N Spark tonight. Wish we had more time for H Horridon =/

Just wish I wasn't getting passed on conq to shadow priests and warlocks.

Heroic Council of Elders is much worse as Ret than H Horridon (not that it is, you can be competetive there, I was). You're useful for the Purity if you're doing the strat of not sharing Frostbites and have Devo for Dark Power. It's not expected to be top with 4 bosses that favor multidotting, but there is the need to contribute strong single/double target damage to the boss that is possessed, and keeping Censures rolling (Judgment), such as on Sul since you want him to die asap before he gets a chance to be possessed.
    Kaizen of Mannoroth <Reckoning>
    US 11 H 16/16 - Tier 14
    US 9 H 13/13 - Tier 15
    US 8 H 14/14 - Tier 16

Distance hearts, when rejoined as one... May find the light within.

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Heroic Council of Elders is much worse as Ret than H Horridon (not that it is, you can be competetive there, I was). You're useful for the Purity if you're doing the strat of not sharing Frostbites and have Devo for Dark Power. It's not expected to be top with 4 bosses that favor multidotting, but there is the need to contribute strong single/double target damage to the boss that is possessed, and keeping Censures rolling (Judgment), such as on Sul since you want him to die asap before he gets a chance to be possessed.
    Yeah, our Rets will probably on on interrupt bitch duty for council.

Deleted
    hmm I really need help, I got "Primordius' Talisman of Rage" yesterday (ilvl 522) and I currently have "Lei Shen's Final Orders" (ilvl 510) and I'm not sure which one to use, btw is this bis list up to date? and if not is there one that is, and is there one for ToT normal
    Last edited by mmocd9d1e9f01e; 2013-03-15 at 09:41 AM.

Upgraded heroic Lei Shen is around 500 DPS better. There are only three 522 trinkets beating upgraded Lei Shen, these are Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun, Spark of Zandalar and the VP Trinket as of simcraft and askMrRobot.

We have yet to see a 2H wep from anywhere and it makes me sad. Same with Conq tokens we have had like 2 drop in the past 2 weeks, damn RNG. Hopefully we get to do Heroic jin, so I can bonus roll on him and hope for some Bo-Ris luckage.

So I got bored and was pondering what to do with my Ji-Kun trinket. A guildie was also doing some theorycrafting and we decided to go smash Jin-rohk in LFR. During the just over 5 minute fight my trinket decided to proc SEVEN times and I ended up annihilating that boss. I didn't log it (kinda pissed now about that), but based off the skada report my uptime on it was about 30%. Just some food for thought since trinkets aren't so cut and dry this tier. Check my sig if you want to see the kind of loopholes I have to jump through to still be waaay over the hit cap.
    Last edited by Mcbenchpress; 2013-03-15 at 01:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    What I did horridon 25 Hc kill last night Meg
    Congratulations on your kill aaaand dat spark. Be sure to share your test results with it! Do you make your logs public atm?

Deleted
    yeah, I have the VP trinket, but I have heard a lot of different things about Lei Shen fully upgraded, the Spark of Zandalar should be BiS normal but sence Lei shen has only 45 sec internal cd and Spark of Zaldalar has so low procc rate I'm not really sure if Spark of Zandalar is better. Fabled Feather of Ji-kun is very good but sence out bis gear has so high hit we will become way too overcapped if we use Fabled Feather of Ji-kun