Anyone having an issue being slowed when having AW active? or did I miss some change?

Edit: I guess it's just while mounted. Odd.
    Last edited by Tanyn; 2013-05-31 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Same boat ZERO heroic weapon drops outside Zerat and NO tfs. Then I see the 1/12H ret with a 549 spear and end my life.

I hope final legendary is a weapon just so i don't have to go one tier without some sort of awful 2hand rng ass fucking by blizzard. Hello Sulfuras!
    I hope so too, but if this tier is an example of anything; we'll probably have to collect 20 of something that have a low chance to drop.

Also I think the only 2h weapons we've seen were coined, one of our DKs coined the spear and the sword... I wanted to cry.

I know that feel. I have more expertise than hit. -.-

Is Light's Hammer a snapshot spell or does it gradually increase with buffs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunzai View Post
    Is Light's Hammer a snapshot spell or does it gradually increase with buffs?
    Light's hammer is not a ground targeted AoE or a DoT effect. it's basically a guardian that is its own unique entity and appears as such on damage meters configured to show guardians. as such, it updates dynamically with stat changes on the player or the target. as far as I know, it does not scale with haste. it does scale with crit and AP. It's best to use it when you just have triggered a proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    Light's hammer is not a ground targeted AoE or a DoT effect. it's basically a guardian that is its own unique entity and appears as such on damage meters configured to show guardians. as such, it updates dynamically with stat changes on the player or the target. as far as I know, it does not scale with haste. it does scale with crit and AP. It's best to use it when you just have triggered a proc.
    I believe it's considered a totem? That being said earlier in this thread it was said by someone to be dynamically updating, so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    I believe it's considered a totem? That being said earlier in this thread it was said by someone to be dynamically updating, so.
    totems, light's hammer, guardian of ancient kings, gary the gargoyle, dire beasts, infernal/doomguard and other non-permanent pets without a pet bar are all considered guardians for in-game mechanics and as such update dynamically.

In other words, anything that doesn't put a permament effect isn't snapshot. As far as I can think of anyways (for ret)
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    In the event that I switch to my ret for 5.4 I've been working on getting him 9/9 gold and my god, rets are super strong in cms! I started cm-ing on him even before 5.3. Can't tell you how many times I've saved the tank with Flash of Lights ranging from 200-300k. Hand of Salv on dps that overagro. BoP on the first whirlwind mobs in MSP! Crazy. And the damage is very good. Above or on par with most other classes barring survival, mage and ele.

Also if you have abit of spare time. Anything you'd like to point out that needs chaning on my paladin(see armory below).

Deleted
    Changed my orange gems to expertise/haste and resimmed my char. Net gain of 1.8k DPS and mastery still simmed @ 0.56 against 1STR so I guess that Exp/haste>Str/haste IF (and only IF) all that expertise is converted to mastery

Again I have a 530 haste sword, people with better weapon can certainly see even better gain.

Please pray with me to the RNG gods that HC Qon will drop me a random weap

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 35.1% haste, so I'd take 4.5 (the base CD of CS) and divide it by 1.351 to get my cd of 3.33.

Now im not sure if that's what you're looking for.

To get 2 second Crusader Strike without Heroism, 125% haste. 73% haste with Heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    To get 2 second Crusader Strike without Heroism, 125% haste. 73% haste with Heroism.
    Which would be awful because with 3 seconds you pass the GCD cap which can significantly devalue haste. Luckily I doubt we have to worry about passing 50% haste.

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Got the formula and played around, cheers though!

I see mastery exploding in T16, but i'm curious as to why you think we won't pass 50% haste. I don't remember last tiers values, but looking at the jump in this tier from normal modes --> HC TF alone, I certainly believe we'll reach 50% haste somewhere during heroic mode in T16 (Unbuffed that is, already at 54.77% raid buffed)
    Windfury doesn't mean shit. Cmon man that is ret basic 101. Everything else depends on what type of weapon procs, trinkets, set bonus's we are looking at. Could likely go past 50% haste easily if epic gems happen if all my gem slots went epic now it would almost be 5% haste.

With the current state of some of the ret scalings and mechanics (cleave and aoe mainly) I wouldn't be surprised to see some decent changed for 5.4 which might or might not change how we value stats entirely... Remember when we all thought haste wouldn't be worth going for because mastery scaled better? well mastery scaling got nerfed which made haste better, that's how easy things can change. Sure from todays "facts" haste is the obvious winner but we're going to hit a massive wall at some point where the gain from haste isn't worth the gem slots imo. Like many others I'm also at 50%+ haste in raids and while I still gem and shit all the way for it I'm not seeing the big benefits anymore. OH I found something fun, go deadmines (normal or heroic) and clear to "Cooky" (the murloc) and just stack the positive food he throws out, did it on my lvl 16 resto shaman last night, got up to 74 stacks before I got bored (2000% haste or something) auto attack had a 0.10 cd, was pretty funny. Anyways you can go there and see what 60/70% haste will do for your CS/Exor/Judgement cds, I think the reason we'll stop in the end is that our cds will get so mashed up that we're losing a lot of procs because some fights require us to do something at specific points that forces us to not use procs. That said RPPM trinkets scale with haste (at least the ones we use) so haste should still be very, very valuable for us.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Anyways you can go there and see what 60/70% haste will do for your CS/Exor/Judgement cds, I think the reason we'll stop in the end is that our cds will get so mashed up that we're losing a lot of procs because some fights require us to do something at specific points that forces us to not use procs.
    And at that moment Blizzard will make changes so the stats weights will shift around. You can see now the patterns, from expansion to exansion, where they HAVE TO change stuff around, for 2 main reasons:
    1. stats scaling demands it with the enormous stats/ilvl jumps;
    2. to keep players tied to the game, fake-solving something by breaking something else, which in turn gives them something to work on and so on and so on.. This is part of their "frustration=fun" policy which kinda works, if you look at other MMORPGs..

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Horridon Legs and Normal T-Gloves or N T-Pants and N Rein-binder's?
    I'd go with the latter.
    Last edited by Andron; 2013-06-02 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andron View Post
    Heroic Horridon Legs and T-Gloves or T-Pants and Rein-binder's?
    Didn't we have the BiS list in OP ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    Didn't we have the BiS list in OP ?
    The question is between one H- and one N-piece and two N-Pieces, not about BiS.
    Last edited by Andron; 2013-06-02 at 08:37 PM.

So I got a LFR Uroe from The Thunder King earlier today. Replaced my LFR Starshatter (huzzah!). My question is if I happen to get a Bo-Ris (big if here of course) would I use Bo-Ris over Uroe?