How in the everloving fuck are some of these posts getting unmoderated? This is a better conversation than keeping/removing/baselining inq?

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm talking about calling people out based upon ranks, who should/shouldn't be speaking on behalf of the spec based on ranks, etc.

PS - I didn't see the show, but from the way he has helped everybody who has asked a question since I've been coming to this thread, and has participated in discussions/arguments civilly, I don't think we could have had a better representative than Bear. Please link it when it goes on youtube or their site.
    Last edited by Maegor; 2014-03-11 at 12:34 PM.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Yeah it's a little offtrack I'm gonna put this horse back on track now. SkilldotGG. You are SOMETIMES funny it's an acquired humor unless you are serious. please stop though It got old in the Finalboss stream and it's getting old now.

- - - Updated - - -

No more derails simply just let him talk to himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Though december / late fall release of WoD they pretty much confirmed is LOL.

Am I the only one who is GLAD i don't have to start another raid tier for 8+ months

I'd rather have SoonTM than "on or before 12/20". Guess they think just because we can sit down and play 8 hrs in a row without a problem that we all don't have ADD...
    Last edited by Maegor; 2014-03-11 at 01:10 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    Please link it when it goes on youtube or their site.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbEj...aHOJ4aqbGxgNrQ

Think it's this one.
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

Yep that's the correct link Moussaka, aftershow should be on youtube today where we have some fun trashtalking Anexie
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    @Bear: I agree with you that getting a rank one takes some luck, I disagree on the amount of luck you need to pull it off though. The better you play, the less you need to rely on RNG to compete, and by compete I don't mean rank one on every boss, I mean being able to consistently get blue ranks on all bosses. As a sidenote, with the standings currently for 25 man, it takes an average rank of 24 across all bosses to get second place on proraiders, you don't need to rely on cheese or RNG to get that.

If you (or anyone) can prove with math that it takes an absurd amount of RNG to get a top five rank on bosses like Protectors, IJ, Malkorok, Spoils and Thok then you have a very strong argument. Until then what you have is an unproven claim, one that should be treated as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    You can take a look at the top ranks for Paragons for rets, since when is giving the Scorpion to a ret ever a good idea? Since when is it ever a good idea to use DS on Paragons (except when you're taking the 2 bosses to 50%) obviously there's gonna be some 4set procs going on but using 98 divine storms (on top of scorpion usage) vs only 63 TV?
    Giving the scorpion to a Ret isn't a good idea. If you're using DS procs and cleaving on the two bosses as you mentioned, 100 DS hits is perfectly reasonable. 27 DS procs with 98 hits gives an average of 3.6 hits per DS use, this is not taking into account the hits you'll get from cleaving during the amber push.
    Last edited by mmoc451a784886; 2014-03-11 at 02:30 PM.

I think that's my point, Zardox. Rankings aren't examples of "good play" 99% of the time, once in a while ofc you'll see bosses where logs actually give a somewhat accurate but even then raid comp and kill times will change the end result. It's very easy to see what people did to get high logs on just about every single encounter, again not saying that getting high parses are "bad", I'm saying they're pointless most of the time because they are from situations that would never happen in a properly executed encounter. Examples: Allowing just a few people to aoe adds to make their dps higher, giving encounter specific buffs to classes they're subpar for, not putting players on any tasks like interrupting or chasing mobs, hitting things that will die from other mechanics or hitting mobs that will auto heal themselves.
    Yes I hate on logs, there's too many ways to play encounters in a favorable way which is so far from the actual "correct" way to do fights. Your high parse Paragons for instance, I assume you won a roll or it was "your time" to be the scorpion after others had been previous weeks. I'm fairly certain that your guild didn't use you as the scorpion person for serious tries and instead they let people change things about for parses, again that doesn't mean that you (or your guild is bad) it just means the way your guild played it is outside what would normally happen.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

Am I the only one who is GLAD i don't have to start another raid tier for 8+ months
    I hope its not the case, and hope springs eternal (or so they say). I'm all for havin a break, but I've been on one already since thanksgiving and I don't really want to wait that long for a new raid tier. Worse than ICC and DS in terms of length, at least.

Edit: also feel leaving SoO out that long would be a risk of losing more subs that they dont really want to/shouldnt need to take.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

I thought the role of luck/RNG in DPS was pretty obvious..I've only been playing DPS in a raid for about a month and I noticed it immediately. On some pulls I'll be lucky to manage 550k through lust because crits stopped existing, and on others I'll push 800k thanks to all those giant yellow numbers and shiny green icons (my 4p WeakAura). Massive DPS swings, identical rotations (I mean, it's really hard to screw up a rotation in SW). And obviously when it comes to ranking, fights are so much shorter than what the average player experiences that the burst/pull DPS carries considerably more weight.

Deleted
    Cheesed ranks do not matter indeed, I'm not contesting that point. You should avoid making blanket statements like ''Rankings aren't examples of "good play" 99% of the time'' though, seeing as there are bosses like IJ, Malkorok, Thok and Spoils that cannot be (or have not been) cheesed. While I do realise that kill speed, raid comp and RNG affect your DPS, saying that they impact it enough to change rankings significantly will remain an opinion until you can come up with concrete numbers supporting it.

As for Paragons, I have actually done the scorpion on the majority of our kills, including progress. Your point still stands though.

I can only imagine you guy's outcry if you ever joined my clan where there is a bunch of "padders" that are in the top 10 and in some cases #1 on Proraiders with only 1 skull banner

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we seriously get off this ridiculous and inane "conversation"? There's literally zero point to it.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Can we seriously get off this ridiculous and inane "conversation"? There's literally zero point to it.
    Sensitive topic?

The topic is Retribution, not DPS meters. Stick to the topic, please. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2014-03-11 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    Sensitive topic?
    No, pointless. Not to mention completely off-topic.

I'm surprised people even argue for padding. Like it's totally okay to run around and DS as many targets as possible instead of single target DPS what's important.

Not looking to continuing the discussion because a scumbag DPS will always be a scumbag DPS. Each to their own. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

As a hardcore raider I'm very relieved that it's confirmed we won't get the expansion before fall. It's always a big decision to commit to a tier and T17 seems to become just as insane as T14 was. A long period of beta testing is much more appealing than a fast expansion release.

As someone who enjoys playing Ret, even if it's usually as an alt, a longer beta test is also good to hopefully be able to affect the issues the spec always seem to have. I have no expectations of Ret becoming more attractive but I'll do my best to help it at least be more viable (in both PvE and PvP environments).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I'm surprised people even argue for padding. Like it's totally okay to run around and DS as many targets as possible instead of single target DPS what's important.
    Don't think anyone is defending that(?).

Zardox, have you been haste>crit>mastery for most of t16 (progression included)? Do you switch it up depending on the fight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    Zardox, have you been haste>crit>mastery for most of t16 (progression included)? Do you switch it up depending on the fight?
    I was haste>mastery>crit until I got Thok's Tail Tip, then I went haste>crit>mastery. I use haste>crit>mastery for AoE as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardox View Post
    I was haste>mastery>crit until I got Thok's Tail Tip, then I went haste>crit>mastery. I use haste>crit>mastery for AoE as well.
    Why do you go up to 47% haste? and why crit>mastery o.o
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Quote Originally Posted by Smitus View Post
    Why do you go up to 47% haste? and why crit>mastery o.o
    I don't think choice of secondary stat priority even matters when you have his guild's strats. He could gem full int and reforge everything into crit and still get #1.