Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Even if you are telling the truth, people here won't believe you. They are too much into their science books, if some famous scientist says cancer is healthy they will believe that too.
    Does someone really need to explain science to you, because your example is horrible and stupid in every possible way
    Last edited by mmocd3e258d247; 2012-07-03 at 09:24 PM. Reason: do to does, spelling fail :(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Do someone really need to explain science to you, because your example is horrible and stupid in every possible way
    Precisely. If a scientist says cancer is healthy, he'd have to back it up and go through the peer review process before anyone believes him. And in order to get through that peer review process, he better have some damn good support to back his theory up with.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Just turn on a bunch of lights and play wow all night =3
    ^ This so much xD.

I reckon the same principles apply with that of a bear. Just act like you're bigger than the ghosts

10+ Year Old Account
    You are the strongest being this world ever seen. Your kind can fare into space, reach the depths no living being can bear to, and you can stand enough pain to burn a tree all over. Be strong my friend, and let those coward shadows be afraid of you. It is your house, it is your domain, and it is your life. No one can cross it!

Deleted
    Even if you are telling the truth, people here won't believe you. They are too much into their science books, if some famous scientist says cancer is healthy they will believe that too.
    Oh Said, I wish that was sarcasm. If not, maybe it's time you look into what science actually is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mludd View Post
    1. Shadows - Your mind if playing tricks on you.
    2. Old house, this is to be expected (I myself grew up in a wooden house built well over a hundred years ago, it's got all sorts of interesting things going on, like floorboards in one spot making noises when you step somewhere completely different but only on cold nights etc)
    3. Sleep paralysis maybe?
    Pretty much this, when your mind is stressed out right before going to sleep it might not function with the brain properly wich can lead to sleep paralysis.

My advice would be to just watch a funny show or a comedy movie before going to bed to calm your mind...have a cop of chocolate milk (or wathever calms you at night) and than go to sleep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    1. Ghosts tend to use shadows to distract you and/or get your attention.
    2. I'd have to hear them myself, could easily be a ghost though.
    3. Yep, you're fucked.
    This pretty much. Or perhaps you ate som bad shrooms?

Even so, you don't have any proof.

But it does tick me off greatly that it started at the first post with the hallucination suggestions etc.

Sure thing, everybody is crazy right scientists?

I am not going to debate, because there is nothing to debate. But I ask all these people to stop treating people like they are crazy when they saw something unexplainable.

Ghost clearly killed your familiy member and your family member is clearly dead: LOL WAS HALLUCINATION, LESS MUSHROOMS KIDDO.
    If this scientists claim had gone through peer review, sure.

If you think science just comes up with ideas and claim they are true, then you are illinformed.

The link I supplied in my previous post also explains why we see what we see. Nothing crazy about that, falling for on optical illusion is just normal behavior.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    1. House was actually built in early 1840s.
    2. The construction is not old, I have personally helped renovate it.
    3. Having done construction before and having lived in many places, I can easily tell what wooden creaks sound like, and I am familiar with all of them in this house having both grown up there and rebuilding much of it by hand. I am extremely familiar with the noises it produces naturally.
    4. 6 people have died in the house, all in different rooms but 2.
    5. The shadow looked exactly like this, minus the arms, it was a hunched over figure:

when I looked directly at it, it would pivot and move into the dark. This was in a windowless bedroom with a small, dim reading/night lamp, the lightsource and all in front of it were in full view.
    6. The steps I heard in the kitchen were on granite tile over poured concrete, no wood. It was as loud as a soft basketball bounce.
    7. I haven't had similar experiences anywhere, out of the several dozen places I have lived and slept in my life. Nothing comes close.
    8. I don't believe in ghosts, but I don't understand what I experienced.

I was glad to take the train back home today. +1 for the suggestions, the Reddit link, the silver dagger idea, and the skepticism.

I barely post in off-topic forums, but this thread hooked me up. Callace, please read this carefully, cuz i am speaking (typing) from my very heart.

four 85-s? really? I am not surprised your mind is playing with you mate. Try to get a break from PC, Facebook, all of this online stuff. This is not the moment to face your fears. believe me, it will occur, but not today. Do you know what blues is? Blues is when a good man feels bad. Many cultures found their relief in music, i suggest you should try the same. Borrow a guitar from your friend and try to play along with this.

E7
    I see ghosts down the stairway.
    A7 E7
    I aint gonna loose my mind.
    A7
    I said i see ghosts down the stairway.
    E7
    B7 A7
    I've been broken and mistreated
    E
    Gonna leave it all behind

God bless ya friend. Hope this helped

10+ Year Old Account
    People who believe in the paranormal make me giggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    I barely post in off-topic forums, but this thread hooked me up. Callace, please read this carefully, cuz i am speaking (typing) from my very heart.

four 85-s? really? I am not surprised your mind is playing with you mate. Try to get a break from PC, Facebook, all of this online stuff. This is not the moment to face your fears. believe me, it will occur, but not today. Do you know what blues is? Blues is when a good man feels bad. Many cultures found their relief in music, i suggest you should try the same. Borrow a guitar from your friend and try to play along with this.

E7
    I see ghosts down the stairway.
    A7 E7
    A7
    I said i see ghosts down the stairway.
    E7
    B7 A7
    I've been broken and mistreated
    E
    Gonna leave it all behind

God bless ya friend. Hope this helped
    I've played electric blues guitar for almost ten years now. I have many activities. I'm fixing my guitar atm. That's a nice little ditty btw.

Personally, I would have phrased it more like Eddie Son House or Lightning Hopkins, their music is what came to mind, but that's just my opinion/preference.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    People who believe in the paranormal make me giggle.
    I laugh at myself over it too. But try sleeping alone in some bizarre old building in the middle of nowhere and tell me if your mind changes even slightly.
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-07-03 at 09:22 PM.

Deleted
    Are you scared? You shouldn't be! Cause you're on Scare Tactics!

Deleted
    There's definitely some sort of odd residue that tends to linger around places where tragedy and death has occurred. That doesn't necessarily mean ghosts, mind you, but a lot of places can give you the chills even if you're completely unaware of what has transpired there. I suppose it's in a similar vein to deja vu as a largely unexplained feeling we get. Though in addition to this, the human mind often plays on your subconscious fears, usually making you more alert and aware of potential danger. I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially if it's only a temporary stay.

If you wake up choking, it's because you just swallowed some spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Just smoke a large J and go down before you hit the bed
    Probably the worst idea ever. it's going to make thing worst haha, your mind will play even more trick on you and you are going to freak out.

OT:

Old houses tend to do strange sounds, i've grown in one and when i was a child it did play a lot of trick on me but, there is always an explanation.
    No one died from ghost killers.

Has for the sleep part,

If you fall asleep with anxiety , expect that kind of wakening happening...especially that you will dream about these things even if you can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    1. Odd, moving shadows that have no apparent source
    2. Knocks and bumping sounds
    3. Woke up choking
    Sounds like sleep paralysis to me, which also has things like hallucinations associated with it. Happens to me a lot. Even if you've only experienced it at that house, there are a lot of variables that could potentially cause it in a different location (you're not sleeping in your usual bed, unfamiliar location, etc).

I'm usually a stomach/side sleeper. If I ever fall asleep on my back, this happens to me pretty hardcore. Last time it happened to me, I woke up and couldn't really do anything except stare at the ceiling. Couldn't move my arms or legs, and I was scared out of my mind, sort of this frantic feeling like something was coming after me, but I couldn't do anything about it. It finally cleared up to the point that I could actually move and get up, but I was pretty shaken for at least the next couple of hours and had to stay up the rest of the night (it was probably about 3:00am when I woke up with this).

I've heard some people laugh about the idea of "sleep paralysis" but I can guarantee you it is some scary shit, and anyone who has experienced it on that level will tell you it's not funny at all.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-07-05 at 03:05 AM.

You probably should video record yourself sleeping, you probably have sleep apnea or some other kind of ailment.

But yeah it's either that or magical forces that help alleviate the permanence of death.

Let us see how you fare in my realm of TEAR-OR!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    If I slept at that house for a night, I would turn on all the lights in the house, leave all the TVs on at max volume, tune in on pandora on my laptop and my smart phone and leave those in max volume at my room.