Thread: Ret PvP reforge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_light_uk View Post
    At least I posted what I thought was correct and what works well for me, you posted a bunch of shit without anything remotely helpful.

BTW I fixed your spelling for you. Next time you post make sure you have something useful to say other than HAHAHA look at your rating you know nothing.

FYI: Pally has been my ONLY class, I only own ONE char thru all of wow. I think I know a little more than some shammy who was about as helpful as chocolate tea cup.

I think after 101k hk I think I know a few things and personally I stand by mastery. When I out damage everyone else when I can put real pressure on a healer I think I will stick with what I've got.

Next time post something fucking useful or don't bother at all also for your FYI: I reported your post, it was USELESS and trolling enjoy your infraction.
    1) Calling someone a troll is going to get YOU an infraction.
    2) Calling people out on their spelling/grammar is also (at least I think) going to get YOU an infraction.
    3) HKs mean absolutely nothing *waves at botters* - especially when I've seen level 1s with more than that.
    4) With Paladin being your only character, I would have thought you would know something so basic about the class (actually, the whole game) and at least have pride in it by learning what you can about it and not throwing help away because you think you are right. Stand by whatever you want, but if you are not going to receive help or help others, just don't post.
    5) Chocolate tea cups are amazing.

OT: As others have said, it depends on the comps you run.

Edit: Seems I put more effort into replying to someone than the thread, woops.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-07-07 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    get a load of that bg hero thinking hes skilled for only having played one character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequence View Post
    5% Cap, then Crit crit crit! and the 2piece, you'll be Immortal.
    ^THIS, LFR set is fine, me myself use chest and helm. (do not replace cataclysmic gloves with 2 set gloves)

Good god. I remember why I don't post on forums like this, The Larper's come out in force.

STFU and I will take my ban thanks.

Good god. I remember why I don't post on forums like this, The Larper's come out in force.

STFU and I will take my ban thanks.
    Because you don't like getting told you are wrong? Reasonable logic.

Personally I like to go with 13% crit and 13 mastery. I used to go all Mastery but noticed my off heals were puny. The 13/13 mix is pretty good in my opinion. Got the idea from Paralyzar from Dara Mactire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flaming is not tolerated. Stop it.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    5% Hitcap, everything else reforge in crit and if you wanna get the 2piece get Shoulders and Chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Takla View Post
    5% Hitcap, everything else reforge in crit and if you wanna get the 2piece get Shoulders and Chest.
    I prefer the legs & shoulders cause the pve legs have a lot of crit on them and the pvp chest has crit by default, just my personal preference.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I just BG and can't really reforge my PvE items so I just go full mastery. It does a LOT of damage but does little if you are getting CCd the whole time but WoG still crits 19/20 times in Last Word range so......... I usually only BG with a dedicated healer so... I use chest/legs for most mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    I just BG and can't really reforge my PvE items so I just go full mastery. It does a LOT of damage but does little if you are getting CCd the whole time but WoG still crits 19/20 times in Last Word range so......... I usually only BG with a dedicated healer so... I use chest/legs for most mastery.
    Quoting myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Well, you're never going to be living up to ret's full potential like that, so you keep on doing it. I'd rather not crit 12% of the time than 17%. 12% means 1 out of every 8.34 casts below 35% health, won't be a crit. 17% means 1 out of every 5.9 casts below 35% health, won't be a crit. That's a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    The Video means nothing and isn't really relevant. it's 100% comp based.
    That's exactly the video said. THIS VIDEO IS A MORE IN DEPTH EXPLANATION OF WHAT I SAID BUT I'M GOING TO DISAGREE WITH IT.

hue hue

Best bet is 5% hit then crit(personally i got my exp soft cap since were screwed if cs misses, u can do this reletively easy with seal of truth glyph) but back to the arguement, (dumbed down response)i think crit>mastery because ur crit affects everything vs mastery which is only a few things, ull be doing a little less damage but as a support class(most of the time) the crit is more valuable, plus nothing beats those killshot hammer of wrath crits since we got that nerfed
    Last edited by Sluggo; 2012-07-08 at 02:26 AM.

Depends on what you prefer. From personal use I find that Crit seems to go further than mastery. While when I went for mastery I sat at around 16 points vs going for crit which I am currently sitting at 13 points. All in all i've been getting better results with my crit build vs my mastery build.

At least I posted what I thought was correct and what works well for me, you posted a bunch of shit without anything remotely helpful.

BTW I fixed your spelling for you. Next time you post make sure you have something useful to say other than HAHAHA look at your rating you know nothing.

FYI: Pally has been my ONLY class, I only own ONE char thru all of wow. I think I know a little more than some shammy who was about as helpful as chocolate tea cup.

I think after 101k hk I think I know a few things and personally I stand by mastery. When I out damage everyone else when I can put real pressure on a healer I think I will stick with what I've got.

Next time post something fucking useful or don't bother at all also for your FYI: I reported your post, it was USELESS and trolling enjoy your infraction.
    Tea calms you down, I would suggest having some.

I was just saying there is no point in giving pvp advice to someone who wants to take it seriously if you yourself do not have any actual experience. Anyone can be a BG master, half the people who play there still do not understand flag caps.

If you are going to give advice, use gladiators or higher ranked players as your source for information, instead of your AFK farmed HKs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkiri View Post
    This video is more than relevant, your post gives me the opinion that you didn't actually watch it, and only go by the title saying Ret/mage 2's since that is the background material during the commentary. If you cared to watch you it, you would see an entire breakdown on when crit or mastery should be considered used.
    Your right when we all said it was 100% comp based that wasn't near enough valid information.

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by youlowgee View Post
    That's exactly the video said. THIS VIDEO IS A MORE IN DEPTH EXPLANATION OF WHAT I SAID BUT I'M GOING TO DISAGREE WITH IT.

hue hue
    You need to take some ritalin or something it's just a game and this is just the internet settle down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

95% of the time you want to run high crit.

the vast majority of the good ret comps for 3s at least benefit from the support healing of the ret.

ret/dk/priest and triple dps both run on the support of the ret allowing the comp to remain offensive even when people are low or the healer is cced
    my brain wants to say that ret/hunter/shaman is still good but like PHD which often runs on the massive heals of a holy paladin, hunters, who lack passive self healing would probably benefit from the ret's support.

the only comp that might favor a mastery high build might be ret/rogue/healer. i messed around with that a little bit on alts with my dk's rogue and a random priest, i found i needed to offheal his rogue a lot less then i did his dk, if we had been using a shaman i think instead of a priest i might have gone full mastery.

all this is me rambling on about melee cleaves in 3s though, i don't play with wizards and i don't do 5s. i can see 5s favoring mastery though.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"