Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I'd have to go with Austria (Habsburg Monarchy) or Hungary. I thought about my country but then i realised we had only about 550 years of history and a dozen kings before we became a part of Hungary at about 1200 and then together with them a part of the Habsburg Monarchy at about 1500 up until 1918.

Oh, and also, please don't say America. I don't want to sound snide, but you're embarrassing yourself.
    We are embarrassing ourselves, yet you said Austria?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as history, and richest, I'd go with China.
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    We are embarrassing ourselves, yet you said Austria?
    Don't turn this into a nation bashing thing. I'm American and I'm embarrassed people have said America.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    As said, India and China and of course Greece. Japan's history is indeed interesting, but not as old
    "It is fortunate
    to be favored
    with praise and popularity.
    It is dire luck
    to be dependent
    on the feelings of your fellow man."

Deleted
    China, Korea, Japan, Iran or India.

Deleted
    Ancient Egypt, Old Dynasty China, Ancient Greece and Medieval England. They're my personal favourites anyway.

Deleted
    China's history is pretty rich and so is Greece.

10+ Year Old Account
    China, England or Frace imo. Not sure how anyone can really say America or Canada, , love them both to death (especially since I am from one) but there just isn't as much history for either of them in comparison to other countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    As far as history, and richest, I'd go with China.
    Seconded.

Also Egypt.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I'd have to go with Austria (Habsburg Monarchy) or Hungary. I thought about my country but then i realised we had only about 550 years of history and a dozen kings before we became a part of Hungary at about 1200 and then together with them a part of the Habsburg Monarchy at about 1500 up until 1918.

Oh, and also, please don't say America. I don't want to sound snide, but you're embarrassing yourself.
    Don't look now but your hatred for America is showing. You think because you had a monarchy that makes you special? I'd say no country has a rich history but they all have fucked up histories. What makes Austria's history richer than Americas? Your oh so important opinion? Let me break it down for people like you. Your opinion is your opinion so stop telling people what they can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Don't turn this into a nation bashing thing. I'm American and I'm embarrassed people have said America.
    "Don't turn this into nation bashing... but fuck America"

You get how that's funny, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Ancinte China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although every nation has a rich history, I think post-revolution American history is still my favorite. So much history, so little time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

You're an apologist. Also...

Don't turn this into a nation bashing thing.

I thought they were being sarcastic?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I'd say Egypt's history is as rich as Greece or Italy, simply because we don't have the documentation to know more than the basic occurrences of each Pharoah's reign. With Greece and Rome, we have information on the specific policies enacted, the specific battles fought, the character and personalities of the people involved, etc. Egypt may have a very long and ancient history, but there's a hell of a lot less DEPTH to Egyptian history.

I can't really speak for China. I know a few things, but not enough to really comment.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Israel hands down. centuries and centuries of holy wars. Shit, its till going on today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scotland ofc, our epic victories against the english should give every underdog a boost of morale.

Lots of countries have a very cool history, possibly Egypt tipping it for me.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 04:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I don't think I'd say Egypt's history is as rich as Greece or Italy, simply because we don't have the documentation to know more than the basic occurrences of each Pharoah's reign.
    With Greece and Italy also being contenders for the best history, the mystery of the ancient Egyptians is very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Scotland ofc, our epic victories against the english should give every underdog a boost of morale.

Lots of countries have a very cool history, possibly Egypt tipping it for me.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 04:57 PM ----------

With Greece and Italy also being contenders for the best history, the mystery of the ancient Egyptians is very interesting.
    I love Scotland's history. I love Scotland's landscape too. I wish I could visit there someday and check out all the cool castles and monuments.