Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Diminishing returns on life on hit?

does that stat go down when you are in inferno? Or is that lifesteal?

Reason I ask this is...I'm going to buy some LoH stuff for my barbarian and don't want to find out later it was a waste of gold.

No it's lifesteal that gets reduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Life on Hit is essential for a Barbarian. You will NOT be wasting gold on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    you positive whoranzone?

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 04:55 PM ----------

How much should i be aiming for then?

LoH does not have a difficulty penalty like life steal.

Just for an additional info, LoH has a different coefficient for each skills so you see different numbers on every skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    so the values go down when you do aoe and stay relatively the same when its single target spell?

>.< gez you had me worried there for a moment.... >.< was thinking it was getting nerfed when i saw your post. I've spent a small fortune on my LoH stuff my main is a Witchdoctor tank i currently have 60k hp 4500 armor 700 all resist and 2781 LoH.

10+ Year Old Account
    so +2000 loh is recommended?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Life on Hit is essential for a Barbarian.
    Its good but not essential. Considering Barbs heal frequently, based on a % of their max hp, Vitality becomes a much more important "heal stat" than LoH is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    so the values go down when you do aoe and stay relatively the same when its single target spell?
    Typically, yes you will see smaller numbers when you cast, Blizzard as an example whereas Barb's frenzy will get you 75% of your total LoH.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 01:10 PM ----------

It would be pretty expensive to get 900+ LoH with a socket plus good damage and every other rings/amulet with LoH.
    I'd say if you have over 1000+ it's already enough assuming you have good enough gear not to take crap-a-ton of damage in first place. LoH alone won't save you from mobs you are struggling already.

Im not sure about everyone else or any class in particular jayburner, I just like the play style of a tank, but did not want to make a barb so I went with the Wd and with the build I currently run I would suggest getting 2k + LoH as mandatory. if you would like to know what my build is just let me know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbabo View Post
    Its good but not essential. Considering Barbs heal frequently, based on a % of their max hp, Vitality becomes a much more important "heal stat" than LoH is.
    80k health with 1200 LoH... Its nearly impossible to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    80% of your lifesteal is diminished in inferno, but Life on Hit is unaffected by this. However, if I'm not totally mistaken, Life on Hit is reduced when using AoE attacks. I'm not sure about that one, though.

Deleted
    Depends on what act you are doing. You can do act 2 easy, with just 500 LoH. Like i mentioned, having 45-50k hp and good resistances (600 before talents) is more important than having 2000 LoH. Most of your healing will come from Revenge that heals you for 5% of your max hp (per hit). Usually, you end up healing 15-30% every time you use it and you use it often enough (sometimes ever 2 seconds).

10+ Year Old Account
    well my barb tank is at 30k health and 600 resist. Act 1 is no prob..but i think i need some upgrading for act 2.

Life on hit is reduced when doing certain "fire and forget" AOE attacks such as blizzard or meteor. There are individual coefficients for such spells which aren't well known, the devs said blizzard was 0.2 as I recall. So if you hit 10 mobs with blizzard, you'll get LoH value x 10 x 0.2 from each tick of it.

It is -not- reduced the same way when performing melee attacks which hit multiple targets, which is why it's so good for monks and barbs. My monk can farm A3 fairly easily with only 780 LoH and slices through 20+ trash mobs at a time - I can have 2-3 mobs like swift skull cleaver / demonic tremor / colossal golgor meleeing me for 10k and my health goes from half to full almost instantly as long as I keep attacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats good news for me. I bought a nice ring right before the servers went down. I forget the stats but it was only 50k gold and similar rings were going for 10 million and up. I might of scored on that purchase.

Bring the servers up Blizzard!

10+ Year Old Account
    thats good news for me. I bought a nice ring right before the servers went down. I forget the stats but it was only 50k gold and similar rings were going for 10 million and up. I might of scored on that purchase.

Bring the servers up Blizzard!
    That tends to happen! I found a belt with 180 Vitality (or close to that), 90 strength, 78 All Resist and +7% health for 250k... some people just don't understand the value of certain items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    That tends to happen! I found a belt with 180 Vitality (or close to that), 90 strength, 78 All Resist and +7% health for 250k... some people just don't understand the value of certain items.
    Some people just really want to sell the item and get done with it

Also SoE is still considered the best tank belt which seems to keep the prices for other tank belts a bit lower.
    Anyways it might be worth to add that once you have a certain amount of damage even lifesteal can be decent and usually quite a bit cheaper.