Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So they are like respecting the players by making them pay ~30 euros to be able to play the characters of all classes? I don't believe it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    So they are like respecting the players by making them pay ~30 euros to be able to play the characters of all classes? I don't believe it.
    Yeah, because they totally don't need to make any money at ALL out of this game.

Respecting the player doesn't mean giving you everything you want for free.

Nobody's making them pay with real money though since you're able to use in-game currency as well. Not a valid point.

I'd rather pay $30 once than $15 monthly...but here I am not listening to the cardinal rule: DNFTT

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

This right here is why Arenanet is one of the best game deisgners out. Guild Wars 2 will open many peoples eyes on what a MMO can be and should be. A game for the players that is fun and isn't just trying to keep you aslong as possible to get ever last drop out of your money. Of corse they still want to make money, but by making a game for the players and leaving it up to them to fund the game by buying what they feel is worth it leaves them in a great spot.

Deleted
    That's worth 2 months of monthly fee. And it's completely optional (for people who play GW2 on the side). Seems pretty decent to me. But you don't believe it, huh? Your loss I guess.

The golden rules of not replying to Tackhisis when his bans run out once every couple months.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that's disrespect, monthly fees much be absolutely shitting on players, huh?

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    The golden rules of not replying to Tackhisis when his bans run out once every couple months.
    Can't help it, he's too easy.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    30$ > 180$ a year

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but they are respecting the players by allowing us to pay in-game gold for it instead.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Do it well or don’t do it at all
    ^ Found that one quite delicious. I feel these blog posts on Anet's part are veering toward self-parody or insulation.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    No, but they are respecting the players by allowing us to pay in-game gold for it instead.
    It's not possible to make original purchase of gems for in-game gold. Someone has to fork over the real money for the gems.

So yes, every time someone gets needed extra character slots, NCSoft will pocket the real money worth of those gems. There is no way around this. Someone may resell you the gems, but no matter how it goes, NCSoft will always get its real money worth of any gems in the economy.
    Frankly, I'm amazed that someone can actually believe this is equivalent of "respect".

Everybody are responding to you, and I want to be part of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    It's not possible to make original purchase of gems for in-game gold. Someone has to fork over the real money for the gems.
    Has this actually been proven? Nothing in the UI suggested this.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I don't see how gems can just randomly come into existence if no one ever bought gems and people just bought them from the AH.

It's pretty silly to believe there are just a 100% upkeep of gems you can just buy.

Pretty sure they stated that the only way gems can get into the economy of the game is when someone has purchased them
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

I've kind of assumed that buying/selling gems for gold works like the Rare Material vendors GW1 has. It makes sense to me.

Are you seriously suggesting that they will let their real money only currency... to not be real money only? When everything they said so far has specifically pointed to the fact that the only way to add any gems to the economy is to buy them from NCSoft's webshop?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe that making someone pay for something disrespectful. Like someone said earlier: if 30$ once is disrespectful, subscription fees must be the equivalent of murder.

What I believe they meant by "respect the players" is to actually answer the feedbacks we give them instead of being silent assholes about stuff we shouldn't even have to ask for (Different faces for female pandaren, anyone??).

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    If 30$ once is disrespectful, subscription fees must be the equivalent of murder.
    God, I love this quote so much.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic