Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Same goes for me atleast on my work laptop.

If you could get it working you'd have 2 more testers here :P

Back to the theme, You'll need to have a sinister/gloomy look to the game in that case, Currently it looks too nice and innocent if you get what I mean.

Just as an example. It creates a good setting for the game.
    Compared to Dayz yea that isn't sinister and gloomy but that game can use alot of other things such as it being first person, Empty land, Broken down cars etc. Different genres will have different things it can do to make it appealing.
    Yeah, I have a guy working on sprites now. Before I made the sprites, and that's why they suck. And I'm working on 1280x720 and higher resolution right now. It should be working soon!

EDIT: If anyone has some ideas for some towers I'd really like to hear them as v0.04 features a Tower Shop.
    Last edited by mmoc41c0db2ad2; 2012-07-06 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    When will 0.04 be ready for testing, and is the coding going well?

maybe you should enable the players to put up traps on the ground for the monsters? like a pool so that they get soaked/slowed and take more damage from lightning or a big fan which makes them super dry and weakens them to fire?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lukwes1 View Post
    When will 0.04 be ready for testing, and is the coding going well?
    It will be ready at approx wednesday, and the coding is going very well. But remember, we have to relax in our weekends too.
    We've been trying 5-10 different designs for the GUI at the moment, and we've found the perfect solution and it will come with v0.04.
    Stay tuned for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    maybe you should enable the players to put up traps on the ground for the monsters? like a pool so that they get soaked/slowed and take more damage from lightning or a big fan which makes them super dry and weakens them to fire?
    Really nice ideas, thanks!

Im trying to imagine suitable towers for a zombie survival themed TD. Bear traps to immobolize, Barricades to hold them off, Glue to slow them, which can be placed on the path, Maybe even explosives too.

Other than that I think maybe have humans as towers.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-07-08 at 05:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im trying to imagine suitable towers for a zombie survival themed TD. Bear traps to immobolize, Barricades to hold them off, Glue to slow them, which can be placed on the path, Maybe even explosives too.

Other than that I think maybe have humans as towers.
    My only suggestion would be that if you were going to use a slow trap to make it something like a tar patch, just to keep up with the theme that's being suggested.

I'll download the latest version tomorrow. Really happy to see this thread. I wanted to get into game development but struggled with programming, so I'll gladly aid someone else who is better at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    My only suggestion would be that if you were going to use a slow trap to make it something like a tar patch, just to keep up with the theme that's being suggested.

I'll download the latest version tomorrow. Really happy to see this thread. I wanted to get into game development but struggled with programming, so I'll gladly aid someone else who is better at it.
    Programming isn't that hard. You just gotta start with something small. For 6 months ago, I didn't even know what a for loop was.
    You just gotta keep learning.

And thanks for the ideas, Grokan and Lyriok.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Isn't this made in Game Maker?
    Yes, why? It still requires programming knowledge.
    And before you start trash talking or anything I'd like you to know that I know C# too.

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

Alright, got a chance to play it. It's good, especially considering that it's so early in development. There are a few issues that I've noticed:

• Parts of the UI don't explain themselves well. The first thing I tried to do after I finished placing a tower was hit Escape to deselect the tower, which closed the game. It didn't take me too long to figure out that you have to right click, though. Additionally, while I was happy to see that you included short keys, there is no way of knowing that they're there. You have plenty of open space in the bottom of the UI that I think you could put information like that in.
    • Some of the weapons need to be tweaked. As was mentioned previously, the Saw Tower isn't that useful because its range is so small. I would suggest scraping the tower and making the death trap a spinning blade trap to keep in line with the intended setting.
    • I can understand having magic in a world with zombies, but if you're going to have magic you're going to need to play that up more. The only thing I could really see as being magic was the Frost Tower.
    • I don't quite see why the map has to be so large. One way you could get around this without altering the size is to allow the user to zoom in and out via the scroll wheel so we don't have to pan down to the bottom of the map.
    • The last thing I have to mention is an error I received. I had four Death Traps on the map directly in front of the creep spawn with eight fully upgraded Laser Turrets on the right side of them. On the field were eight enemies, six of which were one the traps. Here is the error message:
      for object oEnemy:

Error in code at line 2:
      if other.myCannon.timerAttack >= 1 {
      ^
      at position 24: Unknown variable timerAttack

Here is an image of the error screen as well.

[Click for larger image.]
    Hope this helps, and I'm looking forward to seeing this game improve!

Was gonna go with tar but found it difficult to wonder how survivors would pull that off :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Was gonna go with tar but found it difficult to wonder how survivors would pull that off :P
    Wet cement then? Could see something like that being feasible. Just raid the nearest hardware store with a group of people and haul the stuff back to your camp. Lay it out in trenches and keep it wet enough to slow creeps down without letting it dry.

Game was too easy, and just crashed without an error message at lvl 39.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Game was too easy, and just crashed without an error message at lvl 39.
    If you're interested in helping you could tell him what the error message was.

Wet cement then? Could see something like that being feasible. Just raid the nearest hardware store with a group of people and haul the stuff back to your camp. Lay it out in trenches and keep it wet enough to slow creeps down without letting it dry.
    That'd work too. Could add more difficulty to it too by spending money on something that only lasts say 60seconds before it drys up but what could make it even more potent is all zombies in it when it dries up are unable to move. Special waves etc negate the imobilize effect.

If you're interested in helping you could tell him what the error message was.
    You mean the error message that I didn't get?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the error message that I didn't get?
    Apologies, I read "without" as "with" for some reason.

That'd work too. Could add more difficulty to it too by spending money on something that only lasts say 60seconds before it drys up but what could make it even more potent is all zombies in it when it dries up are unable to move. Special waves etc negate the imobilize effect.
    Cement trap plus ice tower?
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-07-09 at 12:45 AM.

I tried it again and this time I made it to level 41 and the same thing happened, it just instantly shut down without any kind of error message.
    This is how it looked a while before it crashed.

10+ Year Old Account
    okay looking game. too short not enouh varity. boss is too hard lacks something that sets it apart but really nice made. allso a feature seeing the boss "real" health would be nice since jsut watching the boss pass by my towers is kinda boring.

I tried it again and this time I made it to level 41 and the same thing happened, it just instantly shut down without any kind of error message.

Its most likely a coding problem but out of curiousity and OP could you record what your CPU is at just to try clear one of the possibilities of the problem.

Its most likely a coding problem but out of curiousity and OP could you record what your CPU is at just to try clear one of the possibilities of the problem.
    My CPU is at?