Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post

Scientific journals publish 20,000 fraudulent papers every year
    ... So the fact that a lot of the "human caused global warming" articles can't be considered faux because of a liberial agenda is out of the realm of possibility, right?
    And we know that they are fraudulent, why?
    That's right, because they are discovered.
    And if I ask you to name a scientific area currently under A LOT of scrutiny, what would you name off the top of your head?...

Also, this is less than 1% of the total amount of published papers.
    Take that number into the field of climate change, and you're resting your entire argument on 1% of the papers? Most of which would probably already have been criticised and either withdrawn, and/or corrected, or simply ignored by the people working in the field, producing the other 99% of the papers?

Scientific journals publish 20,000 fraudulent papers every year
    ... So the fact that a lot of the "human caused global warming" articles can't be considered faux because of a liberial agenda is out of the realm of possibility, right?
    That link says 1%. If you want to claim that 1% of global warming papers are fradulent, then sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first saw this thread I thought, "oh look, another thread where someone exuding self-righteousness has to tell us all about it." But I checked it anyway and boy, was I surprised. Just the sheer volume of people who genuinely believe that this can be chalked up to... cyclical climates. Are you aware of how thoroughly that theory has been debunked? How widely acknowledged global warming is by leading science organizations in more than 16 industrialized countries?

Climate records show with nearly 100% correlation that global surface temperature has increased with carbon dioxide emissions over the past 30 years, independent of "the sun getting stronger" (!?).

I am honestly concerned for you nay-sayers; do you simply refuse to research this topic? There is data everywhere for your viewing pleasure, why come on here and start trying to debunk valid, reaffirmed threats to human sustainability with nuggets of information Fox News gave you.

http://nationalacademies.org/onpi/06072005.pdf
    http://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_...ch10s10-5.html (Verbose, but informative)
    http://www.livescience.com/18255-sol...e-warming.html (Explains in detail why global warming is not merely a cyclical product of solar activity fluctuation)

I think you need to define between thinking the theory of global warming is wrong against thinking the causes of global warming are wrong. I don't think any decent scientist is going to go along with the argument that the theory itself is wrong, it's very obvious that the earth cools down and heats up (even naturally). I think the area of dispute lies in the causes for it. Bearing in mind we're still in the process of leaving the last ice age I don't think it's really unnatural to find the planet warming up. WE may just be speeding that process along too quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tresidentevil View Post
    I think you need to define between thinking the theory of global warming is wrong against thinking the causes of global warming are wrong.
    The theory is the EXPLANATION for why it happens. As such, it contains the assumed reasons for it. You cannot remove the reasons, and still have a functional theory.

I don't think any decent scientist is going to go along with the argument that the theory itself is wrong, it's very obvious that the earth cools down and heats up (even naturally).
    What you mean to say is that no scientist would dispute that the earth is warming.
    As has been documented in the thread hoever, very few of the actively publishing scientists now doubt the theory of man-made global warming.

Bearing in mind we're still in the process of leaving the last ice age I don't think it's really unnatural to find the planet warming up. WE may just be speeding that process along too quickly.
    It's unnatural to see it speeding up 8 times faster than normal, which is apparantly what is happening.
    And when we model the natural effects, we find that it should actually be cooling right now. But it isn't.

No-one really denies that the globe is warming, almost every scientist accepts that, but what we all can't agree on is the impact the man-kind is having.

Having a cold summer, or warm winter is not enough of a sample to disprove the warming of the planet, and I do accept that we're warming the planet, but I do believe everything, no matter how damaging it is, happens for a reason.

During the 1990's I recall scientists predicting we're long overdue for an Ice age. Imagine the horrific destruction that would've befallen mankind if that did happen. The planet freezing slowly. Now imagine our industry, our warming of the planet how now allowed us to avoid that, and now we work towards a greener more environmentally friendly planet.

The issue is the both sides use extremes, they never talk things out properly. Not to mention that any efforts that one nation does, say, The United Kingdom, it is totally pointless when China or Russia are building a new coal fired power plants every week, and dumping vast amounts of waste into the planet.

We need global acceptance of the issue we're facing, remove the extreme variables and issues we're going to face. Asking a world of people to accept that in 10,000 years we may have some issues, is not going to ring any bells, some people don't even care that their smoking is going to cause them a large amount of suffering from cancer and kill themselves, so asking people to care for the planet when they don't even care for themselves is asking far to much.

Give them a cause, give them small steps and take these true, more prominent steps as a nation and as a planet. Here is a small example:

Scrap Solar Farms & Wind Farms in the UK. The amount of land we're digging up, forests and woodland to place these farms is just wasteful. We should replant hundreds of thousands of trees, let the trees work to replace the Carbon Dioxide, and place the Wind / Solar Farms in places more suitable to their capabilites. Hundreds of miles of uninhabitable desert that gets almost 20 hours of light a day could be used for Solar Farms, and we could begin to revitalise the deserts into their former lush forests.

We need to remove the social trend and "coolness" of Environmental / Green energy, stop messing around and get stuff done!
    Last edited by Hyve; 2012-08-06 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    The issue is the both sides use extremes, they never talk things out properly.
    There isn't "both sides" in science. It's not fucking diplomacy.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    There isn't "both sides" in science. It's not fucking diplomacy.
    I'm talking about those that claim we are, and those that claim we are not warming the planet. Don't get abusive...

Nice though, how you miss the rest of the entire post, and concentrate on a few words!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course people are denying it, man made global warming doesn't exist.
    You forgot... "and the Earth is flat!"

Seriously, there's no point to deny it. Sure there's a tactic (the real name is conspirancy) to push on the "clean energy", but it's not a matter of "liberals", do you really think that it matters calling them liberals or republicans? they are the same dudes, wake up. And btw, this "tactic" is a abot KEEP using oil, we have for many decades/centuries still.

Do you know that the artic routes have already been arranged to extract it's oil as soon as there's enough melting?

People only think about CO2.... fuck your CO2. it's about CO2, quimics ALL OVER and other things such as magnetic waves. Sure, we can't destroy the planet this way, there's nothign to worry about that, but we can easily accelerate it, far enough to help on the ice melting.

For sure there's a huge conspiracy with it. You can no longer trust scientists as tehy lie like politics due to their economic influence (and others who are not exactly politics but have more opinion than those). It's sad, but it's what we have. None of them have come up with real fact of anything... the only facts we have are two:

1-The Earth is running into a cold age (in the long way and due to our future emplazament on the galaxy, we are "running away" from the warm areas as they say)
    2-The Sun is mad. Prolly because of it's incoming magnetic switching, but they don't really know the reason. All we have is an increased activity in "solar storms" for the last few years. They match it with the magnetic polar switch as it's starting around the end of the year, what means it could have already began.

However, it's for sure one more way to control the masses, just another like smartphones or many thigns about the internet. If you someone considers it a fool idea... well, think by yourself; People only care about their new super phones, about the casual evens like the current Olympic Games or the World Cup... there's always something. TV lies are so bad that many people is already aware of it... economy seems to go before human rights and most of the countries live in countries wihtout democrazy, because they sadly call democrazy to almost anything (Spain, Italy, Greece, France, and the list goes on....) Sure you go with your vote but you chose nothign but what they want you to chose; check Greece, tehy have selected what Europe wanted with their fear campaign...

And Iceland.. what? oh... does it still exist? We have word about them!
    Last edited by shise; 2012-08-06 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I'm talking about those that claim we are, and those that claim we are not warming the planet. Don't get abusive...

Nice though, how you miss the rest of the entire post, and concentrate on a few words!
    I'm awesome that way.

There can be data for, or against. The data can be interpreted different ways by different scientists. But ultimately, science is one of the purest democratic systems.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm awesome that way.

There can be data for, or against. The data can be interpreted different ways by different scientists. But ultimately, science is one of the purest democratic systems.
    I'm not talking about science though. I'm talking about the people and their views of the finds that science brings. The interpretation of that information and the sides that causes is what I am talking about. I made it very clear in my post I believe man kind is influencing the warmth of our planet, but there are other who disagree.