Lightbulb Composer seeking ideas for theme.

Good morning, gentlemen - and in the event I have posted this at the wrong forum, I do very much apologize, and hope it can be moved.
    I checked out the music/film/whatever forums, but it seemed this was more in regard to people discussing music and films, not the foundations of the creation-process.

From the very confusing title, I shall try to elaborate to the best of my ability.
    I am a composer, a musician, if you will. I have every piece of equipment required to make the most epic of soundtracks - yet there is that one thing I am lacking.

Something to write ABOUT.

I'm also very curious as to what kind of theme you would write, if you were going to make a soundtrack, or an orchestral song.

I was thinking in the lines of generic soundtracks, and such - with orchestrated instrumentation, perhaps a few synths, guitars - that sort of thing.
    But I couldn't figure out how I wanted it to be.
    So, since this is a MMO-forum, I figured people around here would know soundtrack music and such very well.
    I ask you for ideas in this regard. What shall I write about? And how would you do it, if you could describe it.
    Any help is appreciated.

TL;DR: If you were to write a epic orchestrated song, what would the theme be? A battle? A war? An Ice-cavern, a cozy village?

In regards to this, I promise to follow up one or two of the suggestions, at least.

PS: If you are still wondering what kind of music I write, google "Christian Sandviknes" and check out the player at the bottom of the page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read some fiction. Usually that's what I do if I'm looking for an idea for a song, sometimes there will be a very emotional point in the book (if it's a good book, anyway) that makes your heart sing, cry, or let out a battleshout. This sound will become the base of the song. That said, you could probably look around at some other good orchestras and take a couple measures of a song of theirs and build on to it, I don't publish any of my songs, so I'm not sure if that violates copyright or something.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

I do not have any straight up "ideas," but I do have a few examples that might help.

My little brother has been watching Pokemon lately, and these are a few of the tracks that have really struck me (Especially from them just being a children's show, though I loved it way back when):

This one is at the part of a movie where it is used to "calm the raging beasts" destroying the town.

This one (Still a favorite of mine), is used in the same line of thought:

Both are very emotional, moving pieces, situated at the climax of the films. Both make heavy use of string and wind instruments that (in my opinion) tug at the heart. I'd suggest finding something that moves you in a similar way (such as finding your first love, etc) and trying to describe it with music. Sorry, that's the best advice I can offer :x The best music comes from the heart.

Aye, I usually do use other songs or literature for drawing inspiration - but I figured I would ask here instead this time, to draw from the enthusiasm and inspiration of the users, instead of a work of art I had heard or read before : )

Thank you so much for the constructive replies, though - I appreciate it

A village was just attacked by bandits, the only survivors, a farmer and the local innkeeper, are looking for other survivors. The farmer finds his only son, barely clinging to the threads of life, the father takes his son into his arms, trying to comfort him as he slowly fades away.

That's your scene.