Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Changed the title.

And settle down, there is no reason to start attacking each other over a video game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailstorm View Post
    Forget FFVII...

Id prefer a re-release/remake of FFX any day. Auron for Warchief 2K12
    They already are re-releasing FFX for the PS3 in HD. I doubt much will change beyond slightly revamped graphics, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I'll swear whenever the hell I want to and this isn't a debate.

Also, this was back in 1997. Console patching was a foreign concept. The story is finished before the game is. There's absolutely nothing substantial implying she should've survived. You're being willfully ignorant.

I'm actually looking at facts and being open minded, rather than living inside a box swearing at people while having a debate. To quote something from Burnt Face Man
    calm down baby have a piece of cheese

Deleted
    Oh wow, I didnt know that. 10 has always been my favourite of the series.
    The graphics where awesome for its year, would be nice to see it up to a 13/13-2 standard

Quote Originally Posted by DScythe View Post
    Sorry to break it to you all but Final fantasy 7 won't be remade until the series creates something on par with 7, if they make it now they feel it will be the end of the series. This is merely a re-release.

Various sources:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/1...not-a-priority

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/no-final...iginal-6384331

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...or-awhile.aspx
    At Least they didnt say something on pay with XI

Deleted
    I'll probably pick it up once it's released and just ignore the character booster and achievements. Without a PS, pretty much the only way you can play it nowadays is to spend forever fiddling around with settings and very likely an emulator and still have the game crash on you all the time. So yeah, if Square takes care of that and allows a stable experience at 1920x1200, I'll take it.

Deleted
    Nice to see they're re-releasing FF7. Was surprised to see that they recently re-released FF III on Android already as well . Considering as to how these games are timeless, I'm definitely looking forward.

ff 8 was better!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmwing View Post
    I'll probably pick it up once it's released and just ignore the character booster and achievements. Without a PS, pretty much the only way you can play it nowadays is to spend forever fiddling around with settings and very likely an emulator and still have the game crash on you all the time. So yeah, if Square takes care of that and allows a stable experience at 1920x1200, I'll take it.
    Indeed. Currently playing it on the PSP which is stable but 1920x1080 on a 27 inch LED will be a much nicer experience. Will skip the character booster thing as it will ruin the gameplay and most likely be micro transaction based anyway.

Lets see what details they release in the next 24 hours.

Deleted
    I do wonder if they'll deliberately make certain bosses harder for the sake of encouraging people to rely on the character booster. I also suspect we'll be unable to use the morph materia to turn certain enemies into the items that you can use to increase your character's stats by a tiny amount. Call me a cynic, but such business practices are what I expect from many gaming companies these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    I'm actually looking at facts and being open minded, rather than living inside a box swearing at people while having a debate. To quote something from Burnt Face Man
    It actually seems more to me that you are spouting complete rubbish just to be argumentative. What you are stating is along the lines of asking Tolkien to re-write Lord of the Rings because you didn't like how things went. Or claiming Tolkien would have re-written the book if they had the option to. It's complete rubbish and you clearly know it, so just drop it before it delves even further into trolling alright?

On topic, I loved FF7, and a remake would be fantastic. But a re-release with some cheat codes and fancy achievements built in really does nothing for me. If nothing else they could have done a game sequel around the time of advent children, which while it was a fairly entertaining film, really didn't sit quite right with me either. In all honestly I am not sure I could trust square to remake the game and still have it be good at this time, which might be why they are waiting to release a game just as successful as 7 before even attempting to remake it and ruining it in the process.

Deleted
    Feels like the focus on story and world in final fantasy games has been redirected into fancy battle mechanics and other fluff after X.

Now that's an interesting course of action Square.

I wonder if they re-release it as it is considering foreign language localisations; 7 was one of worst translated games ever.

There are signs of her in many locations ( that she shouldn't be in as she died ) in later disc's .
    What signs? For all I remember, editing her back into save game would cause blank dialogs and other glitches in places where game would call your current party members to interject into dialogue (as opposed to scenes where you have pre-defined speakers, not depended on current setup).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    It actually seems more to me that you are spouting complete rubbish just to be argumentative. What you are stating is along the lines of asking Tolkien to re-write Lord of the Rings because you didn't like how things went. Or claiming Tolkien would have re-written the book if they had the option to. It's complete rubbish and you clearly know it, so just drop it before it delves even further into trolling alright?

On topic, I loved FF7, and a remake would be fantastic. But a re-release with some cheat codes and fancy achievements built in really does nothing for me. If nothing else they could have done a game sequel around the time of advent children, which while it was a fairly entertaining film, really didn't sit quite right with me either. In all honestly I am not sure I could trust square to remake the game and still have it be good at this time, which might be why they are waiting to release a game just as successful as 7 before even attempting to remake it and ruining it in the process.
    Go and play the game/do some research and see that everything i said is there and could of been. If in the remake they removed all the left over traces of Aeris then i'd be happy with that. I'd be equally as happy if they went through with it and had her resurrected.

If it is complete rubbish as you pointed out where is your definitive proof? I said it was plausible.
    Also disguising your troll by telling me to drop it and stop trolling, nice work.

Deleted
    Go and play the game/do some research and see that everything i said is there and could of been. If in the remake they removed all the left over traces of Aeris then i'd be happy with that. I'd be equally as happy if they went through with it and had her resurrected.

If it is complete rubbish as you pointed out where is your definitive proof? I said it was plausible.
    Also disguising your troll by telling me to drop it and stop trolling, nice work.
    Again, no one is denying that there are some leftovers from content and plot points that were scrapped during development. It's a pretty huge game, though also rather dated. Back then - as already pointed out - things like patches were very rarely released for console games. None of that changes the simple truth of her death being final in the canon storyline, however. Even if they do not remove the presence of scrapped content from the re-release, nothing is going to change in regards to her fate.

It seems as though you're focusing too much on the 'what if' and not enough on the 'what is'.

Don't get me wrong, I love FFVII to death...but I don't see much that's exciting about this. It's been released on PC for a very long time (and has a pretty huge modding community have done a lot of wonderful things with the game) and this doesn't really seem to add anything beyond a cheat mode, some achievements (yay?) and cloud saving which most people won't use : /

I mean, it's cool and all and Sqeenix will probably make a nice chunk of cash from this, but I just can't get that excited.

Am I the only one who thought it humorous the trailer said "Download and play the quintessential Final Fantasy experience, today.", but then followed it with a screen saying "Coming soon"?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Telling me I'm a troll because I'm calling you out on just being argumentative for the sake of it? Please be more self-entitled, I want to see just how bad this generation I'm ashamed to be a part of can go. Keep up with the "She should be resurrected" bullshit that has gone on since the game was released if you want. It doesn't change 2 facts at all. First being that the actual story writers put it in like that, including the glimpses of her afterwards as a sort of twist and glimpse into the afterlife. Second being that not a single person in the FF7 storyline has the capability of coming back from the dead. If you want Aeris to come back from the grave, go out, sit in a corner, and write your dirty fanfics about it like everyone else like you instead of arguing with the storyline itself and the millions of people who enjoyed it and accepted it.

Deleted
    This is awesome. The old PC version is bugged like hell if you try to run it on anything with more processing power than a toaster.

Plus, people crying about the booster thing are the typical idiots that will cry about anything. Don't want it? Don't fucking use it. It's called an option for a reason.

And about the remake: Yea, I'd like a real remake with improved graphics and etc but it's a HUUUUUUUUGE risk for them. Why? If they just improve graphics everyone will whine it's just the same game with better graphics. If they improve on mechanics, gameplay and add some new story elements then all hell breaks loose with people crying how they murdered a legendary game. There's no winning with the gaming community these days.