Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Torchlight 2 update made me all giddy inside!

So the newest update with TL2 was a "size matters" blog post.

this picture they made sums it up...

I wish I could play the game now X_X

and the picture is a bit big.. sorry =X

anyone wanna do a side by side "guestimation" of tl2's numbers in diablo 3's would be interesting to see.

D: It may have the numbers, but hopefully it'll be more fun than Torchlight 1. Out of diablo 1,2,3 titan quest gold and borderlands. TL1 was seriously boring to me. But i'm optimistic for this game and I have it down for pre-order, I cannot wait!

If it holds my attention longer than a month, for 20 bucks, I would at least consider it a better game than Diablo 3, which in my opinion of course, missed the mark some place.

Now I doubt it will pass the 4 year mark that Diablo 2 managed to entertain me for, but hey for 20 bucks... im willing to give it a shot, and I hope other people do too, I like seeing a talented little developer that isnt money crazed.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinnyGod View Post
    D: It may have the numbers, but hopefully it'll be more fun than Torchlight 1. Out of diablo 1,2,3 titan quest gold and borderlands. TL1 was seriously boring to me. But i'm optimistic for this game and I have it down for pre-order, I cannot wait!
    Multiplayer with your buddy's is the key! this supports it online or lan.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash512 View Post
    If it holds my attention longer than a month, for 20 bucks, I would at least consider it a better game than Diablo 3, which in my opinion of course, missed the mark some place.

Now I doubt it will pass the 4 year mark that Diablo 2 managed to entertain me for, but hey for 20 bucks... im willing to give it a shot, and I hope other people do too, I like seeing a talented little developer that isnt money crazed.
    It for sure will be worth the 20, and i think it will be interesting for as long as you make it, a very good amount of time if you have friends to play it with =D

I am very excited about this game. TL 1 was not supposed to be some serious game and more like testing engine, while TL 2 will be.

Size matters!

About comparison with D3... Well, D3 has 12 bosses. Unique areas is hard question, as in TL context, it is tileset, which can be shared between several areas. In Diablo language, Cathedral would be 1 tileset, Caves - other tileset, etc.

So far I can see 19 unique areas in D3. According to d3db.com has 500 affixes max, and not so good affix system, so it is below even TL 1. According to same d3db.com, Diablo 3 has 1482 non-repeating items, so yet again - below TL1. D3 has under 365 non-repeating weapon models, which is under TL 2.

What concerns room layouts, I have a feeling that D3 uses upto 16 possible room layouts per each tileset, which makes it 304 total. D3 has 188 player skills, around 38 per class, while TL 2 has 4 classes - so it is 30 skills per TL 2 class, but TL's skills feel more unique.

Don't know about musical tracks, D3 has something wrong with it's music, I can barely hear it - if it is same for everyone else, then D3's amount of musical tracks is completely irrelevant
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-07-25 at 12:31 PM.

I really enjoyed TL1. I can't wait for TL2. That chart makes me really happy! The numbers are great to see side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealbinder View Post
    I really enjoyed TL1. I can't wait for TL2. That chart makes me really happy! The numbers are great to see side by side.
    I am battling the wait too xD me and my friends are drooling with anticipation to just have a nice fun ARPG to play along side are other games. I foresee myself sinking lots of time into TL2, shall be a blast.

@Ferocity, sweep post, thanks for the info, everyone should understand what you stated first if they don't know(tl1 not to be a serious game), TL1 was cool but when i blew up they knew they would have to make the 2nd one the real deal.

Deleted
    TL1 I first picked up on the xbox live arcade, not really knowing what it was, I tried the demo and as soon as it loaded up I realised it was an ARPG and was Like "OMG OMG BUY BUY"

After this I played it for about a month straight, then decided it was so good that I'd buy a second copy on the PC for modding purposes. Already got my pre order down, I check the runic site religiously just hoping for a release date

Me too! they do a bit better of a job giving us info to chew on now, but I am just dieing for the game to be out, the original target release zone was summer 2011, I guess technically that was not ever confirmed but from the way things went I am pretty sure that they just decided to keep adding to the game, them actually being in "polish" mode finally is good news for release but they will also be at pax prime with a costume contest to win a in game armor set designed around you. no release till at least mid-late September? /sad

You really cant beat the price of $20 for a game such as this.

Indeed you pretty much can't, I'd bet most of the Torchlight fan-base would not even mind paying 60 for TL2, so in that case I'd love to see them release a Collectors edition box for 40-50 bucks, either price point still being cheaper then normal games regular editions, I for one would eat that up >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    Me too! they do a bit better of a job giving us info to chew on now, but I am just dieing for the game to be out, the original target release zone was summer 2011, I guess technically that was not ever confirmed but from the way things went I am pretty sure that they just decided to keep adding to the game, them actually being in "polish" mode finally is good news for release but they will also be at pax prime with a costume contest to win a in game armor set designed around you. no release till at least mid-late September? /sad

Obviously I'd love to play the game ASAP, but I have to admit, it is indeed refreshing to see a developer being so adamant about taking this ammount of time to make sure the game is just right, we don't see alot of that these days :P

Deleted
    While i'm not a fan of these types of games, It's actually nice to see developers giving you content, without stripping some out and selling you it as DLC. Might buy TL2 just to show my support tbh, $20 is pretty much a steal.

Lol, a steal
    TL2 will be awesome, regardless of what D3 offers and what TL2 does not. Considering everything including the price, is a perfect deal.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just recently got on the Torchlight bandwagon, as I was burned hardcore on D3. Picked it up during the steam sale for pennies, now I wish I had just preordered TL2.

It is definitely refreshing...loving the visual style even with it being 3 years old. I'm very excited about this release and all the additions it is bringing. Ready to blow it up as an Engineer with my ferret pet!

TL1 was seriously boring to me.
    True dat. The story was pretty uninteresting. The last third part of the game the Dwarven vault and the Black Palace seemed like a direct copy of D2. And it was very hard even on easy.

The class system was very ok. I played as a fury warrior. Game needs more companions tho. Spot is just not enough lol.

Wow, I'm actually really surprised by how much more content they're adding! I knew it be more, but I had no idea that it'd be that big a difference. Now I'm really excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Just recently got on the Torchlight bandwagon, as I was burned hardcore on D3. Picked it up during the steam sale for pennies, now I wish I had just preordered TL2.

It is definitely refreshing...loving the visual style even with it being 3 years old. I'm very excited about this release and all the additions it is bringing. Ready to blow it up as an Engineer with my ferret pet!
    heck ya! I ready to roll out as my embermage with a cat pet, but once i find a permanent element pet transformation it shall be an elemental!

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Wow, I'm actually really surprised by how much more content they're adding! I knew it be more, but I had no idea that it'd be that big a difference. Now I'm really excited.
    Indeed! and with multiplayer, its just gonna be a blast.

Deleted
    have they announced a release date for this one yet?

this is how i felt about the first one as well altho i haven't played D3 yet. i liked Titan Quest gold tho better than Torchlight1.

i thought Torchlight was some WoW dev side project. seemed like it had so many similarities to WoW in design.