Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    it may seem kinda expensive. But in my opinion. Its easily worth 49.99
    I have 211 games on steam now. Most full price. The game ive played the most is skyrim and fallout. each having around 180 hours played. Minecraft tops those combined. Easily.

The amount of time ive put into minecraft is insane. No other game. Not even wow come close to the value ive got for my bucks.

I think you can play a free version in your browser on the minecraft.net site. but seriously. Buy it. Its well worth the money.

well. If you like that kinda of game that is. Where you have no goal. You do what you want to do. For me. i can spend days building. Forgetting time and just keep going

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    27$ is too much for a game? That's like a night at the movies with a girl if you're super cheap.
    If we are going to play that game, torchlight 2 has more actual content then diablo 3, and is a full game, that is completely supported for 20 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    it may seem kinda expensive. But in my opinion. Its easily worth 49.99
    I have 211 games on steam now. Most full price. The game ive played the most is skyrim and fallout. each having around 180 hours played. Minecraft tops those combined. Easily.

The amount of time ive put into minecraft is insane. No other game. Not even wow come close to the value ive got for my bucks.

I think you can play a free version in your browser on the minecraft.net site. but seriously. Buy it. Its well worth the money.

well. If you like that kinda of game that is. Where you have no goal. You do what you want to do. For me. i can spend days building. Forgetting time and just keep going
    This may be simi-true but, without mods and a sever full of friends at least 10, its seriously not possible to stretch survival content for more then 2 weeks, i have tried three times, with 1 friend the first two times and the third time I had said friends + another, to play survival on my self hosted sever for us, and IT is fun but for about 2 weeks MAX, after that their is nothing more to fuel the fire to keep going, for me at least. Its should not need mods, off the top of my head, I would like class systems and scaling enemy's with multiple moves to kill you with, it does not need to be hardcore or in depth just enough flavor to get you interested in your character and world.
    Last edited by Barcasaur; 2012-07-25 at 05:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few things.
    -Mine BETA was $10. Not the game. It was a donation during testing, that also got you the game.
    -The Minecraft team is NOT one person. They are doing a lot of development, and the more complex the game gets, the more work it takes.
    -Notch/Mojang is NOT 'okay' with piracy. They simply understand and accept piracy's function and reason in the gaming industry. This is NOT a reason to pirate it. If a baker see's you wearing tattered clothes and no shoes, and you steal bread, and the baker says "You need it more than I need the $5".. does that make it 'okay to steal'? No.
    -Price is irrelevant. The price is 'worth it' if you like the game or not.
    -Most pirated versions of minecraft have trojans on them. Not only that, but some of those trojans literally prevent you from buying or activating a real version of minecraft.
    -The website 'free' version is classic, but is currently part broken. You cannot save or load maps.

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 10:25 AM ----------

i contacted them via email, gave them proof of payment(think i used paypal, and sent the email from the same one on the paypal account used), the 'incorrect' email he had used and the correct one it should have been, and explained the situation. I never received a response.
    During the beta phase their customer service was a bit shoddy because of how popular it was. However, email is NOT the way to address that issue, as they have a ticket system on their website. So, again, you used the wrong method to fix the issue.

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 10:27 AM ----------

without mods and a sever full of friends at least 10, its seriously not possible to stretch survival content for more then 2 weeks, i have tried three times, with 1 friend the first two times and the third time I had said friends + another, to play survival on my self hosted sever for us, and IT is fun but for about 2 weeks MAX, after that their is nothing more to fuel the fire to keep going, for me at least.
    For YOU. You seem to think your opinion works for everyone. I've been playing on my own for upwards of a year now, and with friends for almost as long. New ideas come in. more people come and go. Maybe you just don't like the game, and are using that as an excuse to say its bad.