Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Happy 'merica Day Everyone!

Hope everyone had a fun 'merica day! I had a nice barbeque with the family, did a few bottle rockets and smoke bombs and followed by a sundae bar with all the toppings.

What did u guys do for 'merica day?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, so I will drive up to the highest point I could and watch about 4 cities worth of Firework displays
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and some buddies played around with rifles and fireworks for a few hours, then got bored and watched tv with a case of Budweiser. Was a pretty decent day.

for USA independence day? I worked out, and I played with my ferret, Then I talked to my boyfriend for a few hours, then I took a shower. I drove into town the I snickered a bit when i saw a morbidly obese man in a scooter with USA flags and an american flag gay saying " go america!" I laughed a bit and realized that doesn't represent the population.

All in all average day.

Quote Originally Posted by Missbenedict View Post
    Hope everyone had a fun 'merica day! I had a nice barbeque with the family, did a few bottle rockets and smoke bombs and followed by a sundae bar with all the toppings.

What did u guys do for 'merica day?
    I didn't do anything. At all. Just like every other day. It's kind of sad, but whatever.

YAY USA
    I had a family party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fireworks. Made about a grand selling Glow-Sticks and Light up swords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Deleted
    What's 'merica?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    What's 'merica?
    I believe it's his just forgot which pinky is used to press 'A'... but i'm guessing that because he's calling it America day, he is NOT from America himself and hence 'merica might just be slang for him. my first guess is he's from 'ermeny

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    I believe it's his just forgot which pinky is used to press 'A'... but i'm guessing that because he's calling it America day, he is NOT from America himself and hence 'merica might just be slang for him. my first guess is he's from 'ermeny
    It's because most americans tend to pronounce their M's quite hard, so we hear a quiet A and a hard M.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    It's because most americans tend to pronounce their M's quite hard, so we hear a quiet A and a hard M.
    No, I think it's a bit of a jab at the Southern / Texan tripe of "This is 'merica, you should speak 'merican." I can only read 'merican as an insult, especially when it's stated as 'merica Day. It's not 'merica Day, or America Day. It's Independence Day, or The Fourth, or The Fourth of July.

I went to my Grandparent's house for the Fourth, like we do every year. We normally cook on the grill but it was over 100 degrees so we had ham and ate inside. It rained off and on, but it was clear from 9-10:30 so we could do fireworks. We had a lot of big fireworks this year (well, just like every year). Had about 30 people there; mostly family but some of my grandparent's neighbors too.
    Last edited by Porcell; 2012-07-05 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    What's 'merica?
    Listen to any speech by Bush when he says America, which is probably every speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Listen to any speech by Bush when he says America, which is probably every speech.
    haha, sometimes I miss Bush, he was good fun.

Anyways grats America, you are getting old!
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    haha, sometimes I miss Bush, he was good fun.

Anyways grats America, you are getting old!
    My favorite was when he said something along the lines of "When you're a single mom with two kids, and you're working hard to put food on your family..."

And we're still babies!

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    My favorite was when he said something along the lines of "When you're a single mom with two kids, and you're working hard to put food on your family..."

And we're still babies!
    I like the press conferance he held here in my city. :P

The highlight...
    "We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." --Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001
    This one is priceless to...

"Do you have blacks, too?" --to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

He was almost as fun as Baghdad Bob
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-07-05 at 04:40 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Happy belated birfday America!
    Last edited by Grraarrgghh; 2012-07-05 at 05:48 PM.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    I played with my ferret
    is that a euphemism..?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fentality View Post
    is that a euphemism..?
    With your avatar I am not surprised you thought that

Since fireworks were banned where I'm at, we improvised.Tied glowsticks together and tossed them in the air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got drunk with family and friends, lit off some mortars, bottle rockets, roman candles, fountains, M-80s, and one M-1000 which was insane.

Barbecued for everyone, swam in the pool a bit to cool off, and just hung out.

All in all a pretty fun day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.