Thread: lux support

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I don't really like her as a support. I've played it, and i've had her as support, but I prefer more traditional supports. If I want a more agressive support I go for blitz or leona, but my brother plays Janna, and 90% of my bottom lane is Q'd with him, so yah. I'm probably biased here.

If I do want to run a kill lane though, something ridiculous like talon karma works very well. Mainly because people underestimate/have no idea what karma does. Though that lane usually only happens when we're on a losing streak and don't really have any regard for our next match. Works more oft than not though.

Lux is definitely more aggressive support and lacks any sustain. I don't think she's bad though as a character. I find the recent change to allow her to clear bushes to be a nice buff. Plus, the laser is great for ensuring kills of people that would otherwise have gotten away. She plays great as an ap carry though. It sometimes can be an useful option.

There's been alot of talk about Morganna on this thread and I have to admit, that makes sense since the characters are similar with their q's and both having aoes. I'll admit, I tend to favor Morganna's passive and shield over Lux's similar abilities. The deal breaker is Morganna's aoe stun though.

Deleted
    Lux can work as a support but such a lane almost always become a feast/famine because of lux's reliance on farm/income. If you get kills then great you get to buy some AP and CDR and you'll stay somewhat relevant. Fall behind early and you'll likely fall behind indefinately because without any ap of significance you'll only be able to tickle the enemy team and occasionally snare apply a little cc.
    The reason other supports work in the late game is because they don't really need farm for their kit to work. Janna will still have a ton of cc, lulu will still pack a lot utility, soraka still has a gigantic armor boosts and an instant silence, blitz can still grab someone.

edit: about morgana; her kit can definately work as a support (and arguably even better than lux) but you never really see her played as support simply because she's such an amazing mid laner. Shoves lane hard, ganks other lanes very well, is very difficult to gank herself, is a monster in team fights.
    Last edited by mmoc8b01eb860b; 2012-07-14 at 09:41 AM.

Umm Lux support is not that bad, it is the player, but I would play Lux in mid.

Especially in ranked, don't pick Lux for support, pick a real support like Janna, Sona Soraka.
    Last edited by Vvhooya; 2012-07-16 at 12:45 AM.

Support Lux is awesome IMO. YOu're partner gets fed from CS and you do retarded poke.