Lightbulb Making it easier to 'Report Post'

In short: reporting a post takes too long.

Currently, you click on the Report Post link. This takes you to a page with a text field where you write whatever it is that hurt your feelings, and then click Send Report. This causes the page to load for a while, eventually taking you back to the thread. The whole process sometimes takes so long, that the thread in question has already been locked in the meantime, giving you an confused error after clicking the send button. If you wrote a thoughtful report, you just wasted 2 minutes of your life.

Consider a system like this:

You click on the Report Post link. A small pop-up appears, similar to the one that appears if you click on someone's name (see screenshot below). Note that this doesn't require another page to load.

In this pop-up, there are a couple of pre-defined, common options, for example:
    - Post in wrong section.
    - Offensive language.
    - Quoting large images.
    - Already existing thread for this topic.
    - Other...

If - and ONLY IF - you click on Other..., it will take you to a page containing a text field. In other words, the Other... option works like the current system. However, if you click on one of the pre-defined options, the pop-op just gives you a brief confirmation message (Report sent, thank you.) and it lets you carry on merrily.

TL;DR: Imagine something like this:

but for the Report Post button.

Thoughts?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Agreed -- I need an easier way to get people infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Agreed -- I need an easier way to get people infracted.
    Just trying to improve the MMO-C experience, that's all ^^
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Just trying to improve the MMO-C experience, that's all ^^
    Hmm something like this http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=285206?

If yes i would like to see something like that to. With options like you give in your example.
    Would make it quicker then the current system.

what's the point of a thorough report? why are you taking 2 minutes?
    all i do is give a sentence max but usually it's one word:
    "spam"
    "advertising"
    "trolling"
    "racism"
    "advertising youtube channel"
    "should be posted in x sticky"
    "should be posted in y megathread"

you don't really need to write a paragraph on why you're reporting something, I think mods can figure it out pretty quickly