Thread: Spine 10M HC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Am I missing something with the earth debuff? It lasts like 15 seconds once it's been changed?
    The earth debuff has ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS lasted the full duration of the fight and only stacks to two.

After the 15 seconds has gone off the intial debuff it becomes permanent. Have you not read any strats on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I missing something with the earth debuff? It lasts like 15 seconds once it's been changed?
    Every time you dispell it, the duration decreases.

If you get shitty RNG its going to get shorter and shorter until its undispellable and just finishes on someone, most of the time someone unintended.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Blood Corruption: Earth is the “good” debuff and will apply Blood of Neltharion to its target after it has run its course. Blood of Neltharion reduces damage taken by 10%, stacking three times (though if you have a healing priest or resto shaman in your raid, it will only stack twice due to Inspiration and Ancestral Healing). Healers should try to get this debuff on the tanks quickly by dispelling it whenever it is not on a tank.
    Last edited by Wreckage827; 2012-07-06 at 07:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage827 View Post
    Blood Corruption: Earth is the “good” debuff and will apply Blood of Neltharion to its target after it has run its course. Blood of Neltharion reduces damage taken by 10%, stacking three times (though if you have a healing priest or resto shaman in your raid, it will only stack twice due to Inspiration and Ancestral Healing). Healers should try to get this debuff on the tanks quickly by dispelling it whenever it is not on a tank.
    What am I reading?

It's 20% and stacks twice..

~_^
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    The actuall buff 20% less dmg is given when this one expires and lasts for the entire duration of the fight and can stack only 2 times and yes you can force the tanks to be the first ones to get it by having the raid on one side of the spine and the tanks on the other when you dispell.
    Last edited by mmoce11f6865b6; 2012-07-06 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    What am I reading?

It's 20% and stacks twice..

~_^
    Don't quote me on this, but I do think it is only 10% on 10 man for each stack. I would have to check on Sunday.

Deleted
    Yeah, your DPS is not that great, but than again, as long as you kill it within 2 explosions it does not really matter. Also, why do you only kill 2 corruptions when rolling? Having 2 up (even just for the roll) makes it easier to be fucked up bu the grip, not to mention twice the debuffs. Also having 3 amalgs in the last roll helps A LOT. Look how we do it:

3---------4
    -----5-----
    1---------2

First we kill off one and two, our MT picks up both amalgs and than he goes to four with them, while healers are stacked at five along with blood tank. Than we kill corruption at four while dpsing the bloods a bit, without killing them actually (normally we have 2 SP's, so that's 2-3 mind sears on the blood tank and we're golden). As soon as four is dead everyone stacks at one and starts to AoE like hell on the bloods . At that point we usually drop 4 CD's: PWB and totem, that are up every roll, Aura Mastery and I save my hymn for that point. Disc hymn combined with a totem is just amazing, I don't think we can survive with this tactic without it.

But as a result we have total of 22-27 bloods being removed at the start of third armor plate. Also, make sure your warrior is not using rend in the third phase(at least not after you have 9 dead), last thing you want is to accidentally kill more and damage the raid.
    Last edited by mmoc485edc1e5f; 2012-07-06 at 07:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plate3,
    Kill 2 corruptions, stack, PROBLEM HERE

We've been messing around with different strategies, some say roll and kill bloods at same time, some say kill bloods then roll and some say don't kill any bloods. We've tried them all and our warrior (whos tanking the bloods) gets so much damage no matter what we try.

Any assistance would be helpful, thanks!
    You'd want to single target down as many bloods as possible without letting their aoe dmg drop people to a critical low hp, once you start this line up raid-wide cd's like shield wall (stack 1 amalgamation to 5-6), shield wall nearly ending you apply another raid-wide cd, vampiric blood / frenzied regen (taunt amalgamation 2 through residue to 5-6 stacks), initiate the roll using spr-link or pw;barrier and a DH or Tranq (Letting amalgamation 3 stack to 5-6 also)

If it's a case of all the bloods always hitting your warrior at the same time it's just bad rng, could be solved by letting your amalgamation tank aoe taunt half of the bloods while kiting an amalgamation to 5-6 stacks.., maybe it is due to not killing the majority of bloods on plate 2 and swapping up the residue before the roll there.

As far as Corruption Earth goes it's easy to "manipulate" it onto targets you want.

----------PLATE---------
    Crt--Tank-Raid-Tank--Crt

When it's time to stack the amalgamation to 9 and go nuclear, have everyone move back.., and forward again before the plate lifts, that way you can also have both tanks do some tendon dmg, but most importantly you always have the majority of players in aoe-healing, and bloods are easily picked up.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-07-06 at 07:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't quote me on this, but I do think it is only 10% on 10 man for each stack. I would have to check on Sunday.
    It's 20%.

Not only am I staring at it in the dungeon journal right now, but the fact that i've been farming it for months and hold the #1 parse for prot warriors on the fight (as in my sig) implies that I know that <_<
    Raxxykins

It's 20%.

Not only am I staring at it in the dungeon journal right now, but the fact that i've been farming it for months and hold the #1 parse for prot warriors on the fight (as in my sig) implies that I know that <_<
    Well...glad you remember all that stuff, it all kind of melts together at this point for me.

Unless your character is Evandar and you can prove you are he/she. Your parses/picture don't mean much to me.

Our tactic:
    Plate 1,
    Kill 3 corruptions stack and roll, get 9 stacks, kill tendon, repeat

Plate 2,
    Kill 1 corruption, roll, kill 1 corruption, get 9 stacks, kill tendon, repeat

Plate3,
    Kill 1 corruption, roll, kill 1 corruption, get 9 stacks, kill tendon, repeat

Works perfect.
    And while getting 9 Stacks/Kill tendon everyone is bombing, until healers say "stop".

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...glad you remember all that stuff, it all kind of melts together at this point for me.

Unless your character is Evandar and you can prove you are he/she. Your parses/picture don't mean much to me.
    I havn't a clue who that is, nor do I understand what that has to do with anything.

Edit: It appears you were looking at 10man normal. How unfortunate.
    http://i.imgur.com/NSU4L.png
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-07-06 at 07:51 AM.
    Raxxykins

If you are having problems on/with the last plate i reckon you take a look at your strategy towards kiting the bloods and how you kill the bloods (dropping them one by one to ensure you have enough pools whilst the aoe damage does not kill your group). Also, its crucial that your group stacks on the amalgamation tank so that he/she can pick bloods off your healers/dps' that the kiter does not pick up
    That's the thing about RNG. It doesn't hate anybody - it just goes about its business, oblivious to the world around it.

I havn't a clue who that is, nor do I understand what that has to do with anything.
    Ah that was Normal. Still proves nothing.

Also the hotfix log shows that they only have it 20% for 25 man.

Blood Corruption: Earth now applies two stacks of Blood of Neltharion when it expires on 25-player heroic difficulty.

You can confirm in game or I will on sunday. Thanks broski.

You dont necessarily have to prioritize the tanks. When progressing spine, we attempted to give the buff to our players who took the most hits from bloods.. essentially our healers and elemental shaman (classes with aoe damage tend to take a quite a few hits from bloods if tanks are not picking them up directly or your group does not stack correctly.
    That's the thing about RNG. It doesn't hate anybody - it just goes about its business, oblivious to the world around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah that was Normal. Still proves nothing.

Also the hotfix log shows that they only have it 20% for 25 man.

Blood Corruption: Earth now applies two stacks of Blood of Neltharion when it expires on 25-player heroic difficulty.

You can confirm in game or I will on sunday. Thanks broski.
    http://imgur.com/TQcOA

Enough confirmation?

And also
    http://i.imgur.com/h8j0v.jpg

Let's keep this on topic, shall we?
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-07-06 at 07:59 AM.
    Raxxykins

http://imgur.com/TQcOA

Enough confirmation?
    Must have been hotfixed after I first killed it back at the end of Feb. Or that is still just showing 25 man even though it says 10 man. I will take a look at it on Sunday. Thanks. Going to bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuko View Post
    You dont necessarily have to prioritize the tanks. When progressing spine, we attempted to give the buff to our players who took the most hits from bloods.. essentially our healers and elemental shaman (classes with aoe damage tend to take a quite a few hits from bloods if tanks are not picking them up directly or your group does not stack correctly.
    If the group does not stack correctly, it is true that people can take hits from bloods.
    It is not necessary to give them the buff, though, as they will generally only take a 30k reduction from the buff throughout the fight from the bloods, whereas the tank will be millions.

Edited for clarity
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    When we do it we never really bothered getting roll amalgs to 6-9 stacks we just got what we could and were happy if we got some down, normally we have blood tank near the top plate of DW, healers stand behind him and he cleave pickups everything within half a mile.

Not sure why you specced your hunter MM for the fight, personally i love surv for it, you should have 2x dps on grip anyway in case your main guy gets the grip theres no down time, plus makes it uber fast regardless. ss +expl + maybe as will get it anyway. Plus for tendon phase, lay down an explosive trap onto bloods (dmg isnt super high so wont start killing everything but you get pretty much 100% chance of 2x LnL procs. which with the valor trinket gives you pretty sick damage on it.

Other than that just proper CD management in last phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuko View Post
    Your healers should be standing in the vicinity of the blood tank so he can cleave them to keep aggro. Generally the healers stand close to the plate with the blood tank.