Thread: Spine 10M HC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our group managed to do the fight with 4 healers, this really took off some stress inbetween phases (though puts a lot more strain on the damage).

First tip: manage bloods. when flipping the spine; try and soak some bloods with the amalgamation, and they leave the scene when the spine spins. Bloods that leave the scene do not revive and come back to bite you.

Our group kills 4 tendons in the begin. We group everyone left, and 2 tanks right; we let the dispellers go mental untill both tanks got 2 stacks of the 20% less damage buff. This doesnt always, but usually works out nicely. 40% less damage on the feral tanking the bloods is pretty much mandatory if hes tanking >50 blood near the end..

200 wipes sounds really savage. Good luck and have fun :-)!
    Smierc @ Quel'thalas EU

Ok,this is a difficult tactic that may not work for everyone but it worked for me.
    Quit raiding :P Let deathwing destroy the world or whatever, but just leave that hideous boss encounter.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Ok,this is a difficult tactic that may not work for everyone but it worked for me.
    Quit raiding :P Let deathwing destroy the world or whatever, but just leave that hideous boss encounter.
    I may have a laughed a little too hard..

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

i didnt read the whole topic, but there is also a trick on how the dispel works...

if u draw a line across deathwings spine, it divides the "platform" in 2 halves... when u dispel the debuff on right half, it jumps to left half and vice versa, so if you position your tanks on one side, and rest of the raid on other side (close to the middle ofc, to prevent unwanted roll), you can easily get 40% damage reduction on your blood tank and 20% damage reduction on your amalg tank before the first roll (u get 3 debuffs from the first 3 amalgs that spawn), and the reduction lasts until the end of the encounter

this should help if you arent already doing that

Deleted
    Here's how we did do it:

Plate 1:

Kill 3 corruptions
    Wait for 4-5 bloods to spawn (do not kill them)
    Roll (kill las corruption during roll)
    Stack amalg to 9 and kill (time with 2nd grip)

Plate 2:
    Melee kill last corruption of previous plate, ranged kill one corruption of the next set of 2 (leaving one remaining)
    Group up the bloods and roll (stack up as many amalg's as possible during roll)
    Continue with plate 2 as with plate 1

Plate 3:
    Repeat Plate 2 steps
    If needed, start kiting Bloods (aoe stuns/earth elementals are lifesavers) try not to aoe them at this stage as multiple bloods dying can lead to chain deaths

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Am I missing something with the earth debuff? It lasts like 15 seconds once it's been changed?
    Not missing anything in particular for the Earth debuff, but rather what happens when it expires.
    There are 2 debuffs: Death and Earth, death when it expires is a raid wipe. Earth when it expires buffs: Blood of Neltharion

When done properly reducing dmage on the blood tank ik particular by 40% is HUGE!
    Last edited by mmoc980c3dc910; 2012-07-06 at 09:23 AM.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2266&e=2909
    (friends raid, on resham alt resto sham)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6718&e=7437
    (guild alt run, on dkone alt blood dk)

Just killed it last night on an alt in a friends guild. (main is a rogue 8/8)

Plate 3 is the brick wall of the fight, seeing it from both a tank and healer perspective, ive tried alot of different strats.

For your tanks, I recommend NOT doing the kiting bloods strat. Reason being, Its alot easier to keep bloods off healers when you stack ontop of that blood tank. We used a feral druid as blood tank with warrior as an amalg tank. On the 2nd parse we used feral on bloods and dk on amalg.

Have your blood tank go for full mitigation. If its a feral, stack agil and dodge. The normal spine trinkets are amazing for this.

When plate 3 comes up. Have your blood tank stack toward the plate, all healers + ranged stack ontop of him. This will make it easy for picking up bloods that go for the healers right when they spawn as well as make aoe healing better. DONT LET THE BLOODS GET BEHIND YOU. Alot of attempts were squashed at this stage due to losing healers to bloods meleeing them down w/ debuffs. Its much easier to heal a tank thats "tanking" the bloods than it is to heal him when hes kiting. hes going to turn around, showing his back, and drop very dangerously.

As for your amalg tank on plate 3, he should be pretty close to the blood tank, as well as dropping some aoe on cd. When I tanked this on my DK, I dropped glyphed DnD on cooldown just to pick some bloods off the main blood tank. Sharing the brute of the blood tanking job seems to work best here. We were going smooth until 3-1 lift landed. After that, all hell breaks loose. Amalg tank picks up the new amalg and watched out for bloods on the ground. Brings him as close to group stack without giving the amalg too many stacks (the less the better. 9 = wipe) From here out the zerg is on. Get the amalg down and 9 stacked ASAP. You do not want to be in this phase for long. Mana will be border line oom and tanks will have no cds left.

For the debuff, its 20% per stack (stacking 2 times) per player. Its most important to get it onto tanks then once they both have 2 stacks, get it onto other players.
    Typically before and after each roll the red debuff shows up, keep dispelling it. At 3-6 dispells it will turn into the orange debuff. Do both tanks have 2 stacks? If yes, dispell it onto another player. If not, try to get it onto the tanks.

Edit: both your resto shams HPS is very low. Tips on that fight from a noob shaman, riptide on debuffs/tanks on CD. ES on tanks. HR on cooldown. Target a debuff and chainheal it. Drop manatide on CD for the most part(they dont stack so one then the other) as well as have them glyph stoneclaw totem and drop that with the tide as well. Idk how many tides i lost to bloods gobbling them up.

I used a special spec for resham (6/5/31) since i was on dispells and mostly raid healing. The spirit = haste helped alot with TC mana.
    Last edited by rewynd; 2012-07-06 at 10:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a Warrior tank - and as suggested above, get your man to kite. You also have a hunter who can drop a Frost Trap which makes it even more trivial. I like to think I have it lucky, Tauren Warrior so I have an extra AoE stun if needed but obviously not a must.

Group Bloods > Demo Shout > Rend > Tclap > Shockwave. Run over the Trap to opposite corner. (Top left to bottom right for example.) Watch em drag there asses to you - now simply Intervene (or Leap) someone on the opposite side again so long as its over the trap patch. Rinse and repeat keeping up the debuffs and using whatever cooldown is more efficient at the time.

Had no issues at all even without a trap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keh View Post
    You also have a hunter who can drop a Frost Trap which makes it even more trivial.
    You do know slowing effects do not work on bloods? If it would have you wouldn't even need a tank for the bloods the hunter could do all the kiting.
    Only stuns work on bloods and possible also immobilize effects like Frost Nova and Ring of Frost, (not sure if the talent entrapment from hunters works).

My guild just killed this for the 2nd time last night, and it was on the 2nd pull.

We do it in 6 lifts, 3 rolls. I'm the pally (blood tank) and I have a frost DK aoeing them down with me for the first 5 lifts. After the fifth lift, I gather the bloods on the plate end of the spine, Holy Wrath, get a speed boost from our resto druid who goes cat and does Stampeding Roar, and run to the back. I wait for them to get there, then I Holy Wrath again, run to the front and pick up any extra bloods that are on the amalg tank or healers. Wait, HW, run back. Repeat until dead.

Looked at your logs and noticed a couple issues.

1. On the third plate Bloods keep killing random dps and healers. Why are your tanks not picking these up?
    2. Around the third plate you seem to keep having random deaths to things like Blood Burst and Grasping Tendrils. Why? Are you and the other healers oom?
    3. On one of your longest pulls your warrior tank died to the Bloods. Did you just have too many Bloods alive? Was the warrior not stunning and kiting?

The answers to those questions might help you figure out what's wrong.
    Life is good.

Deleted
    Just got home and saw all these replies, many thanks for all of them!!! Going to read through them all am sure there will be some things we're missing and some things we're just doing wrong :P thanks again for all your help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Just got home and saw all these replies, many thanks for all of them!!! Going to read through them all am sure there will be some things we're missing and some things we're just doing wrong :P thanks again for all your help!!!
    Plan out all of the CDs ahead of time! Some of those logs have attempts where people are completely forgetting major CDs. Something that helped for my group was to break down all the major tank and healer CDs for 3 events - before first lift when amalg hits 9 stacks, before the second lift, and rolls. Those being the areas where the incoming damage is the worst, they should be planned out, and there is more than enough time for all the 3min CDs to be back up for the next time they come around. A setup for the group of your last attempt on those logs could go something like:

Every 1st 9-stack - Vampiric Blood + Holy Priest Divine Hymn
    Every 2nd 9-stack - Shield Wall + Aura Mastery (+maybe avenging wrath)
    Every roll - Spirit Link+ Divine Favor (+maybe Shaman 4 piece)

That's not to specifically it needs to happen exactly like that, you can combine them however you think, but planning out ahead of time can help know when a CD should be used. You also seem to shuffle people in and out, so again, taking 30 seconds before the pull to discuss CD usage would be time well spent.

In terms of bloods getting away and meleeing people....well, the healers should be standing with the blood tank during most of the entire fight, at least until the tank leaves to kite if you want to do the kiting strat. Hand of Salv or Hand of Protection on healers getting aggro can help a lot during 3rd plate, as well as tricksing or MDing. If the bloods are meleeing DPS, then that means they are aoe-ing too much and need to focus on either the amalg or tendon. There really is no time on 3rd plate to be worrying about DPSing bloods, unless the blood tank can not kill enough to stack the amalg on his/her own.

You need to soak bloods up during rolls. Just have your blood tank kill all of them and hunter drop explosive trap on the adds. People who suggest healing CD's during the plates are telling you wrong information. You need all healing CD's for rolls as you're going to have a raid taking massive dmg. At most the 9stack aoe when stacking should be 3 ticks. Any more and you're doing it wrong.

Also your disc priest needs to be holy. Disc on this fight is just pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post

Also your disc priest needs to be holy. Disc on this fight is just pointless.
    It's not pointless at all. If they get to where they are getting on the fight then wrong healing specs aren't the problem. Their problem is the tank dieing or raid members getting melee'd

The warrior tank is perfect for kiting, he needs to do it / do it better. When he kites everyone needs to move to the amalg tank and the amalg tank needs to AOE lightly to get the bloods angry at him instead of the raid. When the warrior makes his pass back down near the amalg tank he needs to get the bloods annoyed at hum before running off again.
    Warriors have tons of tools for this, get the guy to practice some kind of rotation in his mind and then run around test dummies leaping and thunderclapping or whatever it is that warriors do :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It's not pointless at all. If they get to where they are getting on the fight then wrong healing specs aren't the problem. Their problem is the tank dieing or raid members getting melee'd

The warrior tank is perfect for kiting, he needs to do it / do it better. When he kites everyone needs to move to the amalg tank and the amalg tank needs to AOE lightly to get the bloods angry at him instead of the raid. When the warrior makes his pass back down near the amalg tank he needs to get the bloods annoyed at hum before running off again.
    Warriors have tons of tools for this, get the guy to practice some kind of rotation in his mind and then run around test dummies leaping and thunderclapping or whatever it is that warriors do :P

People dying to bloods and tanks dying could be from lack of throughput. Between sanc, lightwell, CoH there is quite a massive amount of healing missing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    People dying to bloods and tanks dying could be from lack of throughput. Between sanc, lightwell, CoH there is quite a massive amount of healing missing.
    No, people dying to blood is a tank issue or people standing in the wrong places. You shouldn't have agro on the bloods for a long period of time and the tank dying means there's either to many bloods or not enough single target healing going into the tank due to the amount of bloods, sanc, lightwell and coh is nothing when it comes to tank healing. Holy is by no means better than disc, as the only hard part is the last plate where disc can just bomb PoH full time, due to the massive aoe damage. Yeah holy can heal plasma better, but when the first 2 plates are easy who really cares? Assign 2 healers to keep plasma away and use the disc priest to keep the raid alive, for the first two plates he can just smite/hf.