Question about stat priority for 2h Frost in MoP

Do we still go Haste>Mastery>Crit, or did it change at all from what anyone can tell? What about for DW Frost or Unholy spec? Do I use the matching presence for the spec I'm in right now? (Frost Pres for Frost spec?)

As far as I can tell, 2h will prefer haste>mastery will DW will prefer mastery>haste. I could be wrong, however I know that obliterate will be rather dominant for 2h, while FS looking a lot better for DW. Also I believe 2H is staying in UP, which I'm happy. I have no idea about unholy, I personally can't stand the spec.

You'll use the presence of the spec that you're playing; Frost for Frost, Unholy for Unholy. The other presence is a severe DPS loss.

2H Frost weights are incredibly odd, but it's haste >>>> all for the simple version. Even strength is not much better than haste. Crit and mastery are the lowest two secondary stats by a pretty dramatic margin (and both about equal to each other).
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Ok, makes sense. I was thinking for 2h Unholy might be better because of the faster rune regen rate=more Obliterates, whichdo more as 2h then DW, but cheaper Frost Strikes aren't much to argue with.

Is this true of PvP as well? I'd like to pvp with Frost pres on, but as 2h also, if that's viable.

I think pvp will still rely on UH prez for the mobility. But thats just a theory.

I like the 20% cc reduction myself though. can always use run-speed enchants on boots for some extra mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    I think pvp will still rely on UH prez for the mobility. But thats just a theory.
    Ur kidding, right? With 15 frost strike cost, 20% CC reduction and damage bonus to frost strike/obliterate and 20% extra RP u will pick unholy with FROST DK ?

Quote Originally Posted by drivertz View Post
    Ur kidding, right? With 15 frost strike cost, 20% CC reduction and damage bonus to frost strike/obliterate and 20% extra RP u will pick unholy with FROST DK ?
    Mobility is a big part of PvP, and last I checked it stacks with DA. CC reduction is nice but that's what trinkets and IBF are for. Not to mention Prez dancing is going to be a viable option so we will likely see a good DK swapping presences in PvP.

Also Frost strike in Frost presences is 20 RP not 15.
    Last edited by Kaosbringer; 2012-07-06 at 08:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobility is a big part of PvP, and last I checked it stacks with DA. CC reduction is nice but that's what trinkets and IBF are for.
    You must not play the DK class very much at all, let alone in PVP. Frost Pres reduces the cost of Frost Strike by 15... That's huge. The rest is icing on the cake, especially the increase damage with your two primary offensive abilities.

Deleted
    Also Frost strike in Frost presences is 20 RP not 15.
    what am i missing here... im logged on the beta now, and my Frost strikes, in FP cost me 65 RP :S

edit:

being stupid... swapped specs twice and now its fine...

Not to mention Prez dancing is going to be a viable option so we will likely see a good DK swapping presences in PvP.
    God I fucking hope not, I hate dancing...

I already pres dance on live with blood presence when i'm below 50k health and I don't have lichborne heal or death pact left.