Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Anyone who doesn't have severe mental or physical illness can be a pve hero having the latest titles and gear. In PvP? Nope. So go play PvP if you want to have a title that means something and is unique.
    Honestly.. i cannot agree with this

It's fair because pvp is much harder than pve

Quote Originally Posted by vihtahousu View Post
    Don't even go there.

I don't think PvP titles / mounts should be removed, but they should give a special mount for server first PvE content for sure.

Edit: Maybe even to multiple groups if they can accomplish it in the same week.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2012-07-08 at 06:49 PM.

if anything its glad/r1 titles that should be removed - so much boosting and buying seeing someone with the title doesnt even mean anything unless you know them from their history in pvp before.

10+ Year Old Account
    My sarcasm detector may have just broke.

A lot of people fell for it. : (

Still, you bring up a good point. The return of special 'Realm First!' titles would make a lot of people very happy (Think the old "Death's Demise" and "Conqueror of Naxxramas" titles)
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    if anything its glad/r1 titles that should be removed - so much boosting and buying seeing someone with the title doesnt even mean anything unless you know them from their history in pvp before.
    Lol, Have you seen how many people get boosted to firelord or savior these days?
    And with the heroic DW mount droping TWO in 25 man. It makes it easyer as hell to boost people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    Just as I said on the title, lets remove these from the game. I know you must be why? Because PvE players don't get the same recognition as people that play PvP. Server first guilds may get the title/ gear first (even a FoS) for maybe a month then other guilds get it and Bam the server first guilds have nothing besides a FoS to show the work they put into that content. While PvP titles/mounts are always Prestiges and show they worked their butt off to receive that title/ mount. All I am saying is if people complain that PvE is easy than lets give something to those people that work hard something different than everyone else.
    This again? World, Region and Server First guilds already get a FoS. I would not complain about them getting an extra mount. But they already get the recognition. We all know what Paragon, Ensidia, Vodka are. And each of us know who are the top guilds in each of our servers.

Feeling sad for High-End Raiders aside. Your wish is a negative adjustment. You want something, recognition, in not getting it, you just want to remove it from someone else. That's childish and selfish. Work on your self esteem and you wont feel like this.

That said; PvPer's get very few items, or rewards for their time. One of the coolest, and hardest to get are those Titles/Mounts. I think it is fair. By the way, BLizz thinks they're so cool, that they won't be included in the Account-Wide mount system coming up.

P.S. Another thought came to mind. If the Raiding community so regarded those Titles/Mounts received from Raids, they wouldn't sell them at every turn.
    Last edited by Uricidea; 2012-07-08 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you that since the removal of PvE server first rewards there is nothing for PvE'ers, so it's only fair. But I think the correct thing to do is just to add back the titles and mounts, and to remove glory mounts from previous tiers when a new one comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Because you can't get carried in PvE either...
    New and shiny compppppp!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why they couldn't just move the glory meta achievement mounts to just realm firsts, other than the fact that the pay to winners would complain that someone better than them is distinguished.
    Quote Originally Posted by vihtahousu View Post

As the trolls favorite passage of their bible states -- Special snowflake?

I honestly love it when Blizzard rewards players for skill. It's pedantic to think that only PVP takes the skill necessary to deserve such prestige. PVP and PVE have comparable attributes when it comes to the skill sets required to do incredibly well.

Going by the guild I reside in, we are a server first 25m heroic raiding guild and many of our raiders PVP at a very hardcore level as well. Several of them, including myself, have been awarded with the gladiator title and mount. It's very narrow minded to believe that all raiders just raid and all pvp'ers just pvp. Which is more challenging; it's almost impossible to say. They both require skill, coordination, communication, and the biggest factor of all -- time.

So the elephant in the room; is it justifiable that only PVP players receive special incentives and rewards while PVE players are met with nothing but constantly trivialized content and rewards going to the lowest common denominator? What it boils down to is Blizzard spends far more resources to create raiding content and feel that the only way to justify that is by constantly trivializing it. Though it would be cool if at the end of every tier they rewarded the top 2-3 guilds on the server with some unique titles and mounts like they reward PVP players.

Content isn't trivialized, the Rewards are. If you cannot be satisfied with just overcoming the Challenges, instead of the Loot/Rewards/prestige you receive, you must be doing this for reasons besides the Challenge. Equating challenge to rewards leaves all of you open to the "Special Snowflake" comment.

Two weeks is not enough time for your Epeen? That has to be rough. Get it right in your minds. What is it that causes the feeling that your rewards should be unique and forever shiny? Is it so you can impress some Avatar of another player in Org/SW? That would be an embarrassing thing to discover wouldn't it?

Making the Meta mounts/titles server 1st only would anger the big raiding guilds. Their gold making systems of dragging paying customers through content would dry up, except for drops, but those aren't what make the money anyway.

In summation: Keep looking forward. Not back. TO gain prestige continue to excel, not restrict rewards from others.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Server firsts title make me feel like i don't have to rush my way in context or play with a guild i don't want too. Soo if they brought those backs. I'd prob leave my guild that "decent" in terms of end gaming raiding for a super high end guild, where i don't like the people. Unless i move servers.
    Why can't you find a high end guild where you DO like the people? You do realize there are good people in every type of guild, progression driven or some meandering friendship group. Your stance misrepresents your statement as if you truly believe to be in a top guild you must accept the fact that you'll be playing with people you dislike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Special Snowflake alert. The people getting server and world firsts are known by their server and the part of the world that cares.

Deleted
    Man i'm not even that fond about pvp but leave them at least that.... we get SO MANY advantages by doing pve allready.

I would like to see personal first's come back though and the titles that goes with them, I have to say that my Death's demise and my Magic Seeker (being a mage) are the two titles i love the most.
    As of now i see no use whatsoever in being realm first (idea : maybe a special pet for the whole guild, availiable at the guild vendor ? idk, doesn't reaaaaally matter but it would be nice )
    Last edited by mmoceb381e0edb; 2012-07-08 at 07:55 PM.

So, in other words, if you can't have it no one can.

No. That's a stupid idea.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Making the Meta mounts/titles server 1st only would anger the big raiding guilds. Their gold making systems of dragging paying customers through content would dry up, except for drops, but those aren't what make the money anyway.
    The sales themselves aren't a problem? Just like doing arena personal rating carries/pilots for irl currency or mass amounts of gold?
    Last edited by Nahj; 2012-07-08 at 08:06 PM.

Raiders get mounts from Meta achievements and heroic kills. if anything we have more mounts to show off.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Why can't you find a high end guild where you DO like the people? You do realize there are good people in every type of guild, progression driven or some meandering friendship group. Your stance misrepresents your statement as if you truly believe to be in a top guild you must accept the fact that you'll be playing with people you dislike.
    Lol. I enjoy my guild. I'm saying if they redid server first titles. I would want to go to a higher end guild and that would mean leaving my current server. And i don't want to do. But i would like to push server firsts