Thread: Barb builds?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    From first glance I think your rings could be a bit better. And I think you can re-gem your chest to all str, unless you're having issues staying at fullhealth. I'll look around a little bit more.

I'm aware you're short on the money side but I think right now your survivability right now for act 1 solo should be just perfect and atm you should be looking to update/upgrade alot of your gear to having more strength.

Your dmg is lacking at the moment

Ring 1 - The stats it has now are good, str + vit + AS, but the stats are a bit low in value.
    Ring 2 - could have strength + crit chance or AS or crit dmg along with the vital and res all.
    Helm - Lacks strength + crit chance, but for the defensive stats it has now its okay, that and you are already rocking out 40% crit chance.
    Shoulder - Pretty solid the way it is now, can be upgraded but it'll cost you a bit and should be upgraded later when you have gold
    Neck - Also prett good, lacks str though. Upgrade at a later date like the shoulders.
    Chest - Str could be better (I'd recommend a re-gem to all str, your survivability should be fine for act 1.) Also could have more armor and all res.
    Pants - Pretty solid high all res and vital, could use alot of strength but that could be an expensive upgrade. Try lowering its res all and its vital some and find some pants with good amount of str.
    Belt - Pretty solid belt... the strength could be higher, but that could be an expensive upgrade.
    Bracers - Pretty solid bracers too, its crit chance could be higher along with its vital and str but thats another expensive upgrade.
    Boots - Nice boots aswell, the str could be better, but yet another possible expensive upgrade.

As of now i think your top priority should be upgrading your 2 weapons the best you can. It will help your dps out alot.

Try looking for a high dps 1 handed axe / mace for your main hand, pref with a socket + crit dmg + str + a little bit of LoH. For your offhand try to get a high dps weapon of your choice with high LoH high str and crit dmg + socket. Your offhand is used mostly as a 'stat stick' the dps on your offhand isn't as important as the stats that it brings.

But do expect to pay 500K - A quadzillionbagillionmillion goldz for these weapons.

Aim for something around 650 - 750 DPS for your main hand without spending to much gold.
    Last edited by Zultir; 2012-07-08 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tornado build is quite fun. I've tried it recently after playing the usual tank spec for months. It takes some getting used to, but it's ALOT more fun than it looks in the videos. And it's not even an expensive build.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by okazan View Post
    From first glance I think your rings could be a bit better. And I think you can re-gem your chest to all str, unless you're having issues staying at fullhealth. I'll look around a little bit more.

I'm aware you're short on the money side but I think right now your survivability right now for act 1 solo should be just perfect and atm you should be looking to update/upgrade alot of your gear to having more strength.

Your dmg is lacking at the moment

Ring 1 - The stats it has now are good, str + vit + AS, but the stats are a bit low in value.
    Ring 2 - could have strength + crit chance or AS or crit dmg along with the vital and res all.
    Helm - Lacks strength + crit chance, but for the defensive stats it has now its okay, that and you are already rocking out 40% crit chance.
    Shoulder - Pretty solid the way it is now, can be upgraded but it'll cost you a bit and should be upgraded later when you have gold
    Neck - Also prett good, lacks str though. Upgrade at a later date like the shoulders.
    Chest - Str could be better (I'd recommend a re-gem to all str, your survivability should be fine for act 1.) Also could have more armor and all res.
    Pants - Pretty solid high all res and vital, could use alot of strength but that could be an expensive upgrade. Try lowering its res all and its vital some and find some pants with good amount of str.
    Belt - Pretty solid belt... the strength could be higher, but that could be an expensive upgrade.
    Bracers - Pretty solid bracers too, its crit chance could be higher along with its vital and str but thats another expensive upgrade.
    Boots - Nice boots aswell, the str could be better, but yet another possible expensive upgrade.

As of now i think your top priority should be upgrading your 2 weapons the best you can. It will help your dps out alot.

Try looking for a high dps 1 handed axe / mace for your main hand, pref with a socket + crit dmg + str + a little bit of LoH. For your offhand try to get a high dps weapon of your choice with high LoH high str and crit dmg + socket. Your offhand is used mostly as a 'stat stick' the dps on your offhand isn't as important as the stats that it brings.

But do expect to pay 500K - A quadzillionbagillionmillion goldz for these weapons.

Aim for something around 650 - 750 DPS for your main hand without spending to much gold.

Thanks so much I appreciate all the help your giving me. Right now I can run act 1 butcher runs in 30 mins - 1 hour with ease, no deaths (depending on the packs I meet) I'd regem my chest if I had more str gems but sadly I've been making all vit ones, but I'll aim towards that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Thanks so much I appreciate all the help your giving me. Right now I can run act 1 butcher runs in 30 mins - 1 hour with ease, no deaths (depending on the packs I meet) I'd regem my chest if I had more str gems but sadly I've been making all vit ones, but I'll aim towards that.
    No problem, I just try to help people when I can, which is very very rare on most occasions and just so happend that i could help you out a little bit.

No problem, I just try to help people when I can, which is very very rare on most occasions and just so happend that i could help you out a little bit.
    When should I try moving onto act 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    When should I try moving onto act 2?
    Farming act 2 is not worth it. Keep on farming act 1 with some magic find instead, until you're ready for act 3 farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    Farming act 2 is not worth it. Keep on farming act 1 with some magic find instead, until you're ready for act 3 farming.
    So I should aim for magic find on my gear too? Damn this is getting expensive xD

10+ Year Old Account
    So I should aim for magic find on my gear too? Damn this is getting expensive xD
    No it's not worth it. But act 1 is so easy that you can afford to dump alot of defensive stats (for example: switch your helmet socket to MF) for magic find. Act 1 with 100% MF + 5 stacks is much more effective, than act 2 with 0% and 5 stacks.
    And it takes alot less time too.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    No it's not worth it. But act 1 is so easy that you can afford to dump alot of defensive stats (for example: switch your helmet socket to MF) for magic find. Act 1 with 100% MF + 5 stacks is much more effective, than act 2 with 0% and 5 stacks.
    And it takes alot less time too.
    So I should try and get 2 gear sets? One for progression and one for magic find farming?

So I should try and get 2 gear sets? One for progression and one for magic find farming?
    Kinda... I personally don't have a MF set because I don't like switching gear and whatnot, I should but i don't.

MF atm, since you're a bit limitted in the gold department shouldn't be your biggest concerns.

Although you could make an investment and maybe the extra magic find could pay itself off.

Nah I think I'll stick with finding a solid gear set/weapons first, then expand out as silly as it sounds it should be other way around, but alas I'm not good at managing multiple things :P

Nah I think I'll stick with finding a solid gear set/weapons first, then expand out as silly as it sounds it should be other way around, but alas I'm not good at managing multiple things :P
    Thats what I would personally do. Have fun farming away and GL with drops

Also, taking a quick scan at weapons and it's going to be a long time before I'm able to afford one like that, a 1h mace with 700 dps and an empty socket is 1M :/ Seems like people have caught onto the ww build and aren't letting go of decent weapons for decent prices

10+ Year Old Account
    Just farm act 1 with some MF untill you get lucky and end up with a few million gold. 5 mio is enough to kill nearly any mob in act 3 after the patch.
    btw: check Zrave's youtube channel, it helped me alot.

Also, taking a quick scan at weapons and it's going to be a long time before I'm able to afford one like that, a 1h mace with 700 dps and an empty socket is 1M :/ Seems like people have caught onto the ww build and aren't letting go of decent weapons for decent prices
    Try axes, There are alot there.

And yeah it can be a bit spendy, but the gold is farmable. It will take a little while but you will get it! Also sockets at the moment aren't 100% needed, try searching with and without certain stats. Trust me youll find some good 1 handers out there for 200K

Try axes, There are alot there.

And yeah it can be a bit spendy, but the gold is farmable. It will take a little while but you will get it! Also sockets at the moment aren't 100% needed, try searching with and without certain stats. Trust me youll find some good 1 handers out there for 200K
    I looked at both of course :P!

I looked at both of course :P!
    Also you can try less stats on one of the weapons but more of that stat on the other weapon, shifting around stats can get you better deals aswell just some other tips.

I g2g now, so goodluck finding stuff and goodluck farming, glad i could help you.

I regemmed my chest, this is my damage now

http://i.imgur.com/hW0ty.jpg

I regemmed my chest, this is my damage now

http://i.imgur.com/hW0ty.jpg

you may also want to try going 2h, with enough LoH its quite fun!

my stats

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...eenshot028.jpg

my weapon (got it on the ah for 500k no buyout auction)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...eenshot025.jpg

this toons a fresh 60 and the most ive spent on an item was for that 2h mace (with frenzy fully stacked using the +dmg rune stacker and battle rage im at 54k dmg, lol). obviously ill need more resists for acts 2-3, but i can still destroy act1 like nobodies business for fun =P

plus almost max run speed is pretty funny on a barb, lol
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-07-10 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    I certainly feel that incoming as well although I have to admit that this build certainly is ridiculously fun and remembers me most of the good times I had on my d2 barbs. Tbh it doesn't even really feel that much more powerful though than a geared melee wizard or dh for instance.
    It is alot more effective than Wizards at least.
    When i pop Slaughter the kill speed is higher than with a ~70k`ish dps Archon wizard. And its alot more safe.

The spec allso have the huge advantage that you dont have to clear trash. You just run through it like it wasnt there. Instead of being a hindering, trash is a tool wich feed your speed, hp and rage - the more trash, the faster and more effecient can you farm.
    That said, i really hope they wont nerf the spec - because as you say, it is extremely fun and gives the exact same feel as duel leech lance barbs did in classic. And nothing in the spec really trancend what they are designed for.
    Whirlwind is designed for great mobillity. Into the fray is designed to give you excess rage.

The only thing i might be abit worried about is Critchance/crit dmg. When ppl start approaching 80-90% crit, the stat dosnt really work as " critical" chance any more. Crit damage - wich can be stacked into the 4-500 %`s, becomes a plain, but very potent, plus dmg stat.
    But thats a general concern.
    Going after dobbelt tornado - the spec, would be nerfing fun imo.
    Instead the developers should make sure that the other classes has similar rewarding specs.