Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    was walking dead that good? i heard it was just an cgi scenes from the series without any individual direction or choice?
    what made it your #2 ?
    To see why the game is that good, you need to play it from the begin to the end. Sadly, not many people do that, so the game gets underrated. Even after winning several GOTY awards

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not really sure to be honest. I would definitely say Bioshock Infinite but that's a 2013 game. The only game I played that was worth remembering was Assassin's Creed 3 so I guess that. I would've said Mass Effect 3 but they totally trashed the ending and it just ruined the whole game for me. If it weren't for Mass Effect 3's ending I would say that would be my GotY. I would like Darksiders 2 to win but it probably won't. I haven't played Darksiders 2 yet (trying to get the collector's edition) but just by looking at all the gameplay footage I've seen, It deserves a GotY award.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I havent really been impressed by any games this year. I guess if i had to vote it has to be for Halo 4, or Mass Effect 3

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Fairly standard plat former with the the added feature of user generated content. Hardly innovative IMO but believe what you like.
    You must be joking. LBP was probably THE most creative and innovative game this entire generation of gaming (Wii, X360, PS3, and this would be the 7th generation).

You obviously didn't play it or you'd know yourself.

OT: My vote's for Dishonored because fuck all those sequel shooters that aren't innovative enough to be worthy of a GOTY award, even if DH isn't that original.

Conclusion: 2012 was a garbage year unless you're one of the masses that enjoy a new CoD every 6 months. Yuck.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

This year was fairly bad, in my personal opinion. I haven't played Dishonored, nor have I gotten around to playing The Walking Dead...I'd have to go with Orcs Must Die! 2. That's the game I've had the most fun with that came out this year. But, again, I don't think that there was a "stand out" amongst the crowd this year.

I want it to be Dishonored so it gets the ball rolling on a completely new IP. I think it'll be ME3 though. And it deserves it too. Too much nerd rage over the ending while the rest of the game was easily the best of this year bar none.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'm hoping for any of these 3:

Assassin's Creed 3
    Far Cry 3
    Guild Wars 2

I really enjoyed these games this year and I hope one of them wins GOTY.

I hope it's GW2 but it's probably going to be Dishonored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I want it to be Dishonored so it gets the ball rolling on a completely new IP. I think it'll be ME3 though. And it deserves it too. Too much nerd rage over the ending while the rest of the game was easily the best of this year bar none.
    We really need to specify which outlet we're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazrs View Post
    Which game do YOU think will win GotY 2012, and which do you HOPE wins?
    Assassin's Creed III or Far Cry III
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

For me there really wasn't a single "OMG this is so amazing" game this year. Couple of good ones but nothing that really stood out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for Guild Wars 2 or Borderlands 2

So much fun!
    Arukas

Deleted
    Either Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3 or Walking Dead.

To be honest, this year was disappointing. 2011 was a much better year for video games.

Anyways, I would've said Far Cry 3 for GOTY but the main protagonist is an annoying douche and I want to murder his even more annoying friends.

As Doylez said, there isn't a single game that I think deserves GOTY this year. But if i was forced at gunpoint to chose one I'd pick Mass Effect 3.