Thread: JC Tokens

JC Tokens

I don't know if it's been answered or if it can be answered. But will JC tokens from dailys carry over onto MoP? Or will they changed to gold like VP to JP when new patches drop?

Pretty much, should I save them up and cash them in when my JC is at 600?

I'm pretty sure they will be a separate commodity, just like the Dalaran daily and stormwind daily tokens.

10+ Year Old Account
    yah JC tokens have no bearing on MoP stuff. the tokens you can get on live right this minute.. will still be there in live so that you can continue to buy cata-related patterns or mats. as Tebrosa said, the same applied to Wrath/dalaran tokens. Mists will more then likely bring a new JC currency so that we cannot get an edge by farming tokens before the game goes live.

just an example.. cooking tokens have already changed in the beta to Ironpaw tokens. for this very same reason. you cant farm to get an edge pre expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Ah ok, thanks guys! I left right after Black Temple patch and didnt come back till 4.1.

they should, tokens are a pain as a jc

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo5d412 View Post
    they should, tokens are a pain as a jc
    Agreed. It's the only prof where you not only have to level up the prof but also have to grind dailies just to get your prof bonus.

Deleted
    Poor Jcs having to spend 5 mins a day doing a daily boo hoo.

Its the most profitable profession by far and still people moan. A daily is hardly going to kill you and if everyone had all the recipes from the start then the market would crash before it had begun. Think it through.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    Agreed. It's the only prof where you not only have to level up the prof but also have to grind dailies just to get your prof bonus.
    You only need to do like, 3 dailies to get the recipe for the JC jewels. That does not constitute a grind.
    ಠ_ಠ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    *coughinscriptioncough*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    *coughinscriptioncough*
    As someone who has a max lvl inscriptionist with ALL the glyphs, and a max lvl alchemist with all Wrath recipes, and some TBC ones, and as someone leveling JC, I can say that the grind for JC is a FAR cry above inscription's pitiful grind. As inscription, you do one thing every day for like 5 seconds to get a new recipe, ANd you have a good amount of recipes already baseline. As a JC, yo have to do, at minimum, 3 dailies for a recipe that makes money. you dont get ANY cuts for superior/epic/meta gems baseline, you gotta do a daily that, while is fairly short, adds an artificial barrier to JC.

Alchemy is more grindy though. Gotta make a frigging ton of potions, or grind a ton of rep to learn anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is something I read when I stumbled upon the inscription glyph road block that ins Northrend Inscription Research and Books of glyph mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinnte 6-4-12
    Northrend Inscription Research uses Northrend herbs. In Cataclysm, you either have the choice to go farm your own Northrend herbs, or spend all of your ink on old Northrend ink (at a high exchange rate) just to learn new patterns. On a 24 hour cooldown. According to wowpedia, there are 79 patterns learned solely by NIR. Assuming you do this daily, it would take 79 days to learn every pattern, or roughly 2.5 months. If you're using all Cataclysm pigments, it takes 13 Blackfallow inks per NIR (3 for the 3 Ink of the Sea, and 10 for the Snowfall Ink). So a total of 1027 ink. Each ink takes 2 pigments to make, and you get roughly 8 Ashen Pigment per stack (let's round it to 10, just be to generous, and to make the math easier). So you need 2054 Ashen Pigment to get all of that ink, which means you need around 200 STACKS of herbs. Just for the patterns from NIR. But wait, it gets better!

There are 59 patterns that require Books of Glyph Mastery. With these being learnable through NIR, it takes an additional 59 days (almost 2 more months) and 767 Blackfallow Ink, or another 150 stacks of herbs. Or for these, you could decide to either farm the incredibly low drop rate that's confined to old, outdated content, or search the AH and spend 1k gold every time you want a new pattern. If they're even on the AH; on my realm, they're almost never even up for auction.

That's not even including the minor glyphs.

Now, this is for Cataclysm. With glyphs changing around in MoP, I'm not exactly how many glyphs we're losing or gaining, so the numbers probably won't end up being the same. But am I the only one who sees a problem with all the hoops scribes have to jump through just to learn their patterns, including doing old content for a random chance to learn endgame patterns?

So the books being moved to Northrend Inscription Research is hardly a boon when it just adds another 2 months of daily researching to the grind, in addition to another 150 stacks of herbs.
    If you learned all the glyphs solely through NIR it would take a maximum of 138 days to ensure you learn every BiS glyph for each of the 30 specs(plus the variations for specific fights or pvp). In that same time, you could buy 46 JC patterns.

Deleted
    You guys arent getting it. If its a high grind then less people will do it means less competition and more profit as a profession. Rarity will mean you cna charge higher prices. Nobody forces you to do inscription or JC. You cna buy your books of glyph mastery with all the tons of cash all the Jcs make by shuffling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    You guys arent getting it. If its a high grind then less people will do it means less competition and more profit as a profession. Rarity will mean you cna charge higher prices. Nobody forces you to do inscription or JC. You cna buy your books of glyph mastery with all the tons of cash all the Jcs make by shuffling.
    No one is complaining here. Just discussing.

As far as buying books though. There hasn't been a single Book of Glyph mastery on my server for 1600 gold in the last 2 weeks.

I like how the tokens work with JC. We had 3 active JC's in my guild at the start of Cata, so we each took a main stat and whenever someone needed a new gem of that stat they would come to the JC who worked with their stat. Then when we had tokens to spare we started buying up the other popular crafts. When 4.3 hit we had lost on of our the 3 JC's but the other 2 has enough stocked tokens to buy every Useful epic gem pattern the day the patch hit.

Deleted
    I was applying it to JC as well. Just go and farm halls of lightning it usually drops one book at least each run. Yes I know its a world drop, but always seems to drop one.
    Personally I preferred it when different mobs dropped the recipes back in TBC. Now evertone has the puck of recipes.