Thread: Slender.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    The Slender Man just happens to be an example of an urban myth in the digital age.
    The "myth" kinda stops being scary when you can track its origin so accurately.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slenderman is one of the best monsters to ever be imagined. He's the only one who scares the shit out me. WTB a slenderman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Slenderman is one of the best monsters to ever be imagined. He's the only one who scares the shit out me. WTB a slenderman movie.
    I actually would watch a movie based on him, Theres a few "Documentary" type videos of him on youtube which are well done and an awesome watch late at night :P

Deleted
    FUCK-THIS-GAME. I was looking for the sixth page in the toilet/shower building and he was around in the corner. I am never, EVER, playing this again. Screw it, screw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    If they did it right it could be a very successful horror film, which would be a nice change of pace from the crap we have had lately.

I did find this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1658837/

though I think the name is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the slenderman was inspired by an urban legend called the tall man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I thought he was based on a horror version of the Terrible Trivium

It's either him or the Question and Trivium came 6 years sooner (1961 vs 1967)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    If they did it right it could be a very successful horror film, which would be a nice change of pace from the crap we have had lately.

I did find this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1658837/

though I think the name is stupid.
    Name is stupid.. Lets just hope it does well.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's inspired by several different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The "myth" kinda stops being scary when you can track its origin so accurately.
    And scary movies cease to be scary, when you realise it's just actors and special effects. I don't see your point.

What is Slenderman actually doing with you when he catches you? I thought the girl in that game would get raped

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    What is Slenderman actually doing with you when he catches you? I thought the girl in that game would get raped
    What girl?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    That's one of the scary points to his "entity." No one actually knows what happens when he takes someone, they're just gone and never heard from again. He's never seen moving much more than a slight turn of the head.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 10:08 AM ----------

What girl?
    The character you play as in Slender.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    only mildly scary thing there (exept graphics from like 1985^^) is the event of smth apearing in front of you... which can shock you maybe first 2 times, then it gets plain annoying, same with stairway game and other cheap "thrills"... its like virtual equivalent of someone sneaking behind you yeling bugabugabuga if that gets you everytime - its game for you

edit - or if you're terribly scared of well dressed tall ppl, government maybe ^^
    Last edited by Bluesftw; 2012-07-11 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    The character you play as in Slender.
    That's strange, where do they mention that you're playing a female protagonist?

Deleted
    I can't stand this game, it's just too scary. I litterly waked up my mom and dad the other day by screaming like a girl.

Deleted
    I won't be playing it, but at least I can enjoy watching Pewdie play it

That's strange, where do they mention that you're playing a female protagonist?
    You can hear her breathing hard sometimes.

I just don't think Slenderman is very scary by himself. If this was any other monster besides Slenderman, it'd probably still have the same effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I just don't think Slenderman is very scary by himself. If this was any other monster besides Slenderman, it'd probably still have the same effect.
    The entire threat is predicated on tension; I think you're right. Replace this guy with a Predator and the difference would be negligible.