High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

OCZ vertex 3 120/240

I've been reading up on the latest reviews on the ocz vertex ssd (120-240gb) as these models are currently on sale. Ive heard that the big brother version performs better than smaller 120gb. Besides the obvious size increase, is the performance worth the extra $100 price? I'm quite unfamiliar with the specifics of ssd's.... Would you recommend another brand or model around the same price range?

Thanks!
    "So what do you guys do outside of video games?"
    <Awkward silence, pause>

Which Vertex? I really recommend against the Vertex 3 and earlier. Vertex 4 is their first semi-reliable SSD.

Yes, the bigger size has slightly higher speeds. This is very hard to notice in day-to-day use. You'd have to meassure it to notice the difference other than storage capacitiy.

I'd recommend the Samsung 830-series, Crucial M4, intel 320-series or the Vertex 4-series if you have to choose an OCZ one.
    Reliability trumps highest potential speeds, since they would not be all too different in actual use, but reliability is what you would want not to skimp on.
    &nbsp;

From what I understand the Vertex 3 issue was just an early on issue and has since been fixed since with later releases...I know my vertex 3 is working great.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D