Thread: Running Shoes

Running Shoes

Was getting ready to go out and buy a new pair of running shoes and I wanted to start a thread dedicated to running shoes reviews. If you buy a pair of shoes and they are great, let us know, likewise if you get a pair of shoes that are touted as awesome, and they are terrible let us know!

Currently - Brooks Pureconnect - Probably the best shoes I have ever owned, the shoe has wonderful airflow, the soles are designed to influence correct striking and feel amazing, they are also the lightest shoe I have ever owned, purely amazing, would recommend to anyone. The downside is they are so thin, running when it is either wet/cold is not advertised.

Was thinking about purchasing the Saucony Kinvara 3.

Deleted
    You should probably use some guide from Men's health or RUnner's world or something rather than ask people here who play MMO games all the time .

Personally I have some Nike Air shoes for about 2 years now and I am thinking of trying some of those "minimalistic" shoes that work almost as if you were barefoot so you don't hit the ground with your heel first but rather with the mid-foot part.

Worth mentioning that I am by no means a professional runner, I usually run 3-6 times a week around 5-7km each time, depends on how busy week I am having (25km - 30km on average).

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the Asics GT series, 2170 is the latest & what I have and I love the damn things.

http://www.asicsamerica.com/footwear...70-t206n-mens/

I've heard great things about the Asics Gel-Nimbus 14 as well, though I don't own them
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2012-07-10 at 03:22 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

You can go off by what others say about other shoes and that can get you something you like but keep in mind that just because its comfortable and great for someone else it doesn't mean it WILL be for you.

Try the pair on and walk in them for a few steps to get a feel of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I use the Asics GT series, 2170 is the latest & what I have and I love the damn things.

http://www.asicsamerica.com/footwear...70-t206n-mens/

I've heard great things about the Asics Gel-Nimbus 14 as well, though I don't own them
    I have the 2170 as well and I couldn't agree more. I am not marathon runner, however, I do participate in 5k runs and these things feel like clouds. I bought an extra pair just because I couldn't go back to the regular everyday shoes I had been wearing.

if you like the minimus type of shoes, i wear Innovates. they are very comfortable and i wear them when i am not at work or working out (i dont really do much running but i feel they would be great at running as well). its a UK company so online is the only option for me in the states. i generally go to Zappos to buy my shoes as well as you can find a wide variety.

10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone looking to buy sneakers in the near future http://runningwarehouse.com/ is generally one of the cheapest places to buy them plus you get free 2-3 day shipping.

Bonus 10% off coupon code: runblog10
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I am aware that different shoes are different for others, I was just curious as to what some people thought about some shoes they have liked, maybe causing me to look at them more!

Deleted
    I use Vibram FiveFingers after quite a long time using standard running trainers, it's certainly something you might want to explore but it does take a while to build up your strength to handle the lack of softness. I find them much more comfortable now, though I don't run as fast there are less complications.

Nike Lunar Glide. They are a nice middle of the road shoe. Good support, but not too bulky.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just currently took up barefoot running and honestly, it has made a huge difference in basically everything I do with my feet. Since I live in the desert, I also bought a pair of vibram five fingers to run in when the weather is hot. But, I would highly recommend looking into barefoot running.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use New Balance MT20s and inov8s. I love them both. If you like the Altra's, this site that I buy inov8s has them on sale for like 3 more days or so. $50 to $60 I think. Not bad if you are trying to purchase soon. http://www.theclymb.com/

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whispurr View Post
    Was getting ready to go out and buy a new pair of running shoes and I wanted to start a thread dedicated to running shoes reviews. If you buy a pair of shoes and they are great, let us know, likewise if you get a pair of shoes that are touted as awesome, and they are terrible let us know!

Currently - Brooks Pureconnect - Probably the best shoes I have ever owned, the shoe has wonderful airflow, the soles are designed to influence correct striking and feel amazing, they are also the lightest shoe I have ever owned, purely amazing, would recommend to anyone. The downside is they are so thin, running when it is either wet/cold is not advertised.

Was thinking about purchasing the Saucony Kinvara 3.
    99% of runners would probably find this absurd but I run in Merrel Moab Mid waterproofs (http://www.onlineshoes.com/mens-merr...rth-p_id208895). When I came back from Iraq in late 2007 I suffered from severe shin splints and it's taken me years to find a running shoe or shoe in general that didn't give me problems and this baby worked like a charm.

I hike, run, and wear this shoe throughout normal day to day activities every day. I've owned my first pair for going on 9 months and it looks and feels brand new. Will definitely be buying another pair when these finally start showing some age (hopefully a some time from now).

I also wear Vibram FiveFinger KSO's (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...s-KSO-Mens.htm) for weightlifting.