Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    IDK about most people but I enjoy brushing my teeth. Still it be nice to help improve teeth care.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Or you could just be lucky like me, I can't remember the last time I brushed, and i have never had a cavity.
    There have been studies that link not brushing 2-3 times a day to an increased chance of heart disease. In general, those who brush regularly live 30% longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

    Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    There have been studies that link not brushing 2-3 times a day to an increased chance of heart disease. In general, those who brush regularly live 30% longer.
    Those who brush also live in wealthier communities with greater access to health care, its not causality its a correlation.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    There have been studies that link not brushing 2-3 times a day to an increased chance of heart disease. In general, those who brush regularly live 30% longer.
    Because that makes total sense beyond simple correlation.

    I'm in the same boat as mr. pokemon up there. I don't brush very regularly at all. Never had a cavity. Never seen a point to it beyond bad breath. But, as someone pointed out, that's more diet than anything.

  5. #45
    Legendary! Quetzl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mass, US
    Posts
    6,736
    Uhh if this kills all bacteria it's probably not good for you. Bacteria are really helpful and destroying them all on a constant basis could allow opportunistic pathogens to take over and make you really sick. And yeast and stuff. But if its just that one, then....I'm still brushing my teeth

  6. #46
    Pit Lord Tzalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Because that makes total sense beyond simple correlation.

    I'm in the same boat as mr. pokemon up there. I don't brush very regularly at all. Never had a cavity. Never seen a point to it beyond bad breath. But, as someone pointed out, that's more diet than anything.
    I'm in the same boat aswell! Me and one of my brothers were lucky enough to get our teeth from our mom. We have superteeth!
    The world is full of evil and lies and pain and death, and you can't hide from it... You can only face it. The question is, when you do, how do you respond? Who do you become?

  7. #47
    The funny thing is, I still go to the dentist and every time I go, the dental hygienist, who cleans my teeth, always compliments my teeth, on how clean they are and how much I must floss to keep them like this.

    Also she is young and hot and kinda puts her boobs on my face when she cleans my teeth.

  8. #48
    Pit Lord Tzalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    The funny thing is, I still go to the dentist and every time I go, the dental hygienist, who cleans my teeth, always compliments my teeth, on how clean they are and how much I must floss to keep them like this.

    Also she is young and hot and kinda puts her boobs on my face when she cleans my teeth.
    And you are not hitting on her?
    The world is full of evil and lies and pain and death, and you can't hide from it... You can only face it. The question is, when you do, how do you respond? Who do you become?

  9. #49
    I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of dentists suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
    I fear something terrible has happened.


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Uhh if this kills all bacteria it's probably not good for you. Bacteria are really helpful and destroying them all on a constant basis could allow opportunistic pathogens to take over and make you really sick. And yeast and stuff. But if its just that one, then....I'm still brushing my teeth
    It doesn't, which you'd know if you skimmed the article.

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 05:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    The funny thing is, I still go to the dentist and every time I go, the dental hygienist, who cleans my teeth, always compliments my teeth, on how clean they are and how much I must floss to keep them like this.

    Also she is young and hot and kinda puts her boobs on my face when she cleans my teeth.
    I only get old ladies. :\

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

    Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I don't brush very regularly at all. Never had a cavity. Never seen a point to it beyond bad breath.
    That's not a good enough reason?

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    And you are not hitting on her?
    I definitely thought about it, but its hard to put on the moves when you cant talk because you have tools in your mouth.

  14. #54
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    Don't worry about it, they will soon find "reasons" for this molecule to be "deadly" and will never be released to general public.

    Too much money coming from dental care IMO.
    Yeah I was going to say, the American government, as it is, will never let something like this go through, based on the sole purpose of so much less money going towards dentistry.

    I guess they could always charge an arm and a leg for the stuff. ^_^
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  15. #55
    You brush your teeth for more than just cavity protection. "Coffee stains"/yellow teeth, plaque, bad breath, find me a molecule that I can wash with for 60 seconds and not have any of those for life, and you'll have yourself a true no brush breakthrough.

  16. #56
    it would kill a field but really ... dentist only become dentists for the money ... who honestly can say they enjoy having there hands in peoples mouths all day

    im looking forward to seeing more about this imo

  17. #57
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    10,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    it would kill a field but really ... dentist only become dentists for the money ... who honestly can say they enjoy having there hands in peoples mouths all day

    im looking forward to seeing more about this imo
    Well, they are dealing with the only bones in the human body exposed to the air.... and its a field that deals a lot in nerves and has a lot of patient interaction.. so I could see why others might find it interesting.

  18. #58
    Pit Lord Tzalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    ...when you cant talk because you have tools in your mouth.
    That's what she said.

    Yeah, I went there.

    Seriously though, I agree that the government would probably not want to see this kind of thing on the market. Either that, or it will simply become one of the thousands of dental products that nobody buys anyway.
    The world is full of evil and lies and pain and death, and you can't hide from it... You can only face it. The question is, when you do, how do you respond? Who do you become?

  19. #59
    Mechagnome Clockworks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Top of the World, Aincrad V2
    Posts
    611
    another cool thing thats in the making, broken a tooth? got hit by a baseball bat when you was somewhere you should not have been? Read this : http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/node/878/ soon we might be able to grow a new tooth instead of fixing it!

    Also regarding the no brushing thing, i was so bad at it and mostly i did not brush my teeth and i lasted for 24 years straight without any holes in them (only lost 2 corners of my upper middle teeth due to a gearbox that i lost grip on while working under my car, only a big enough gap thats make biting of spagetti anoying :-) ).
    anyways i made it untill age 24 no prob and the last 2-3 years my tooth went downhill (might go hand in hand with a big increase in coca cola usage). if i should fix my tooth here in sweden i might be looking at 2500 - 3500 us dollar to get it done. i think i should make a vacation trip to Ukraine or Hungary to get it fixed for 10% the price, and the travel there ain't that expensive either.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

    http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •