Elemental Shaman DPS Comparison between the three talents.

Meh, I took it down if people are seriously going to get angry over a video people asked me to do.
    Last edited by muxx; 2012-07-10 at 08:20 AM.

Congratulations, you managed to produce a nearly 8 minute video with a flashy intro that proves absolutely nothing about which talent is best. This is going to be further compounded by the fact that there are additional changes forthcoming, especially around Elementals scale.

I'm actually surprised that you managed to have Unleashed Fury so low, which suggests that you have a few randomness problems, especially given the variability in spell counts (different overload procs), probably different crit rates (haven't seen any recount information for lightning bolt in your video yet), and the fact that your Flame Shock uptime is abysmal (since you managed to have 13!!! Lava Burst hits).

In fact, there's no detailed information here whatsoever, so had you simply said "I did three 10 minute different logs and got EB ~ PE > UF" without the video I would have simply replied and said "You cannot make a statistically valid claim based on three highly variable data samples".

Based on the current build I would have expected to see UF > EB > PE depending on your gear level, talent/glyph selection and your execution. I guess this is just an attempt to get more "views & subscriptions" for your youtube channel?

(As an aside, I have no problem with people figuring stuff out for their own play style, but this goes far beyond that. And yes, I should probably tone it down a little. I'm not getting angry or confrontational here, I'm just being my usual verbose self ).

Deleted
    I have to agree with Bink... As you can see you also had no Searing Totem out after your PE was done, which is some DPS...

Its whatever, and like I've said I'm not the best so :P take it as you will. As I've also said this was just to show the differences in dps that I've found in MY play style which is how I play the game. Have had a lot of people asking me what our dps is like either from youtube or ingame tells. Which I remind them I am just an average player and that they should probably look elsewhere for the best info and have sent many of them to your site.

UF up time yeah its shitty cause I very much disliked the way it works, won't be using it unless they plan some kind of bonus/making it less annoying to have to hit another instant cast.

But hey lets see you do one better, cause I have yet to see you do one :P, Also not doing it for views just figured no one has really put them all side by side as I have done to really show the difference as such. If I wanted views I would have posted this all over the internet subscribed to athenes group help program, and posted it on every elemental shaman thread i could have.

Also no offense taken, a bit taken aback by you're reaction though. :P You seemed a much more cool-headed person via your blog posts but I guess not.

Tweet about me and make fun of me all you want I'm pretty level minded and open for discussion on anything I do

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 03:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beriohtarion View Post
    I have to agree with Bink... As you can see you also had no Searing Totem out after your PE was done, which is some DPS...
    Yeah, still not used to having timer's that I'm able to see without having to look at something I can barely read.

But something I've been working on since making this earlier.
    Last edited by muxx; 2012-07-10 at 07:50 AM.

I'm not against people having their individual unique snowflake playstyles, but please try to avoid the appearance of fact when you present them (y'know, with the attempt of supporting evidence).

Do one better? Please specify exactly how I'm supposed to better you in this regard. Yes, ok, I will admit I'm being a little snarky here, but every time I see a thread like this I sigh and think "oh no, not again" because it's the same song & dance. Someone posts something without much evidence, I post rebuttal, guy says "do better" or "prove me wrong" or something along those lines. I think by now I've earned the right for people to listen to me when I say something (not saying I'm right all the time. I'd love to be proven wrong, but that proving bit is the kicker. It requires evidence, math, logic, etc).

But if you want me to make a video, I'll add that to the ever growing list of Stuff Which I Hardly Have Time For (someone steal me a freaking TARDIS already).

I wasn't trying to say HEY THiS IS THE RIGHT WAY at all. All i was saying is hey heres a video of the talents when they are put against one another. Rather than other videos which do the same thing I have done except they show them separately where you can't tell with out going back and forth to really tell what is going on.

I have much respect for you bink, and I understand a busy schedule :P I have one as well, 40+ Hour a week job, a Part time job, a Guild which I help manage, Film Production classes (during the summer mind you) in which I start shooting for on top of the already busy schedule. Not trying to offer up a SOB story but, I quickly threw together a video that one of the people that got into contact with me asked me to make so I obliged :P because i had 20 minutes of spare time, went through and grabbed some video I took of myself ( to better myself) and put it together in a manner I thought would best show the differences he wanted to see.

Wasn't looking to step on the toes of someone's opinion i take into consideration when I need to adjust my rotation. Which I haven't gotten around to reading any of your blog posts as of late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Congratulations, you managed to produce a nearly 8 minute video with a flashy intro that proves absolutely nothing about which talent is best. This is going to be further compounded by the fact that there are additional changes forthcoming, especially around Elementals scale.

I'm actually surprised that you managed to have Unleashed Fury so low, which suggests that you have a few randomness problems, especially given the variability in spell counts (different overload procs), probably different crit rates (haven't seen any recount information for lightning bolt in your video yet), and the fact that your Flame Shock uptime is abysmal (since you managed to have 13!!! Lava Burst hits).

In fact, there's no detailed information here whatsoever, so had you simply said "I did three 10 minute different logs and got EB ~ PE > UF" without the video I would have simply replied and said "You cannot make a statistically valid claim based on three highly variable data samples".

Based on the current build I would have expected to see UF > EB > PE depending on your gear level, talent/glyph selection and your execution. I guess this is just an attempt to get more "views & subscriptions" for your youtube channel?

(As an aside, I have no problem with people figuring stuff out for their own play style, but this goes far beyond that. And yes, I should probably tone it down a little. I'm not getting angry or confrontational here, I'm just being my usual verbose self ).
    You have no room to talk considering you went around calling certain talents "mandatory"....EM and ULF if I remember correctly, even though you say here that its beta and additional changes are still coming.

Allow me to remind you how the new talents work, you see they are interchangable and can be switched to at any time depending on fight, there is no one talent to pick always, it depends on playstyle and what the fight demands. Some may do more DPS in a patchwerk fight but that doesn't mean its mandatory or the best talent.

Also....you are not special. No one outside your tiny world knows who you are or what you do....but the way you post speaks volumes about your character and what kind of person you probably are. There is a right way and a wrong way to give advice/correct someone.....and you certainly don't know the right way....or the respectful way.

[User was infracted for this post]

It's one thing to be critical of another poster's arguments, directly attacking the poster, however, is flaming.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-07-10 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    [User was infracted for this post]

It's one thing to be critical of another poster's arguments, directly attacking the poster, however, is flaming.
    Sorry to step on your toes Endus, but isn't what bink did kind of Flaming me? I mean he kind of opened the proverbial "Can of Worms". I mean I'm ok with criticism and not offended by anything said or done, don't much appreciate him using twitter to attack me/ get people to go attack me. But, if he's the one whom started it. I know I'm in the wrong here by questioning a mod's judgement, but I did report and ask for this thread to be closed as it was just turning into a Flame war, and was NOT the intention of this thread.

It's a shame you have removed your video because of 1 or 2 people on mmo champion who disliked it because of what they say are inaccuracies. Why have you let a couple of people dictate you like this? I would love to view/comment on the video myself but unfortunately am unable to do so now a shame.

In regard to the infraction which you questioned, well my understanding of it not being a mod myself is that protoman went on a personal attack against bink, he should have kept it to the subject as bink at no point attacked you (muxx) personally however, I do feel bink opened himself up with the line "I feel I have earned the right to be listened too etc etc", my advice be careful when posting that sorta stuff someone will always bite

PS. Not attempting to mod, just trying to add some balance to some volatilish posts (which now looking at it could be deemed attempting to mod! I class it as helping the community )
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesandri View Post
    It's a shame you have removed your video because of 1 or 2 people on mmo champion who disliked it because of what they say are inaccuracies. Why have you let a couple of people dictate you like this? I would love to view/comment on the video myself but unfortunately am unable to do so now a shame.

In regard to the infraction which you questioned, well my understanding of it not being a mod myself is that protoman went on a personal attack against bink, he should have kept it to the subject as bink at no point attacked you (muxx) personally however, I do feel bink opened himself up with the line "I feel I have earned the right to be listened too etc etc", my advice be careful when posting that sorta stuff someone will always bite

PS. Not attempting to mod, just trying to add some balance to some volatilish posts (which now looking at it could be deemed attempting to mod! I class it as helping the community )
    Haha, thanks, it wasn't much, was a video in which I fumbled up on a few things IE completely forgot about stormlash/ keeping up searing totem. As Bink pointed out I could have used UE a bit more with UF. But towards the middle of that rotation I was just so utterly bored with that talent I really only kept the thing going and lost interest in it, to have a video to match the length of the others and in NO way meant it as how much dps the best shamans should be pulling.

But oh well, maybe another time once I have *perfected* my rotation to peoples standards I'll consider redoing the video.

Mmmmk.

Since the video is down, and all the poo-tossing gone around... I'd say this thread has hit its end.
    Closed.