Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Not too sure. But the main question....

How the hell will we even hurt Kralkatorrik? The guy is so big that even a big ass cannon will be like a gnat to him. (If I butchered the name, have mercy)
    His own scales can penetrate him.

Deleted
    Somebody else can fight him. I will be too busy healing all of you (And dealing a bit of damage).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    Somebody else can fight him. I will be too busy healing all of you (And dealing a bit of damage).
    You have more to do than just drop a healing rain. Throw those Vapor Blades dammit!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drakewurrum View Post
    you have more to do than just drop a healing rain. Throw those vapor blades dammit!
    FINE. But i will not enjoy it. I rolled elementalist for the pretty animations not to do anything useful

I'd love to fight them shadow of the colossus style; climbing around on the backs of them, fighting off hazards and other enemies, and attacking their exposed body parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I'd love to fight them shadow of the colossus style; climbing around on the backs of them, fighting off hazards and other enemies, and attacking their exposed body parts.
    You sure you don't mean like when you fight Sin in FFX, over several lengthy battles in attacking specific parts of his body and then crawling through the alternate world inside his body when he finally crashes into the main city of Spira?

An airship was involved. It was fun.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You sure you don't mean like when you fight Sin in FFX, over several lengthy battles in attacking specific parts of his body and then crawling through the alternate world inside his body when he finally crashes into the main city of Spira?

An airship was involved. It was fun.
    reminds me of ansem from kingdom hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post

Now that the nonsense is out of the way... as others said, we're going to primarily be fighting them in dungeons connected to our personal story. The trailer they showed when announcing the release date makes me thing we'll be fighting Zhaitan from giant airship alongside Edge of Destiny.

IMO, what's gonna happen with the Elder Dragons will be similar to how Sin was defeated in FFX.
    You mean we're going to use a Phoenix Down on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    You mean we're going to use a Phoenix Down on him?
    Sin was not undead. What is WRONG with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Sin was not undead. What is WRONG with you.
    Wasn't Sin the final boss? Or am I getting him confused? :/

Sin was the GIANT thing sorta sea monsterish. Final bosses was jecht and after that was an un-losable fight against yu-yevon. If you could use a Pheonix down on any of them its news to me. I know there are some bosses but i cant think of any final fantasy END bosses that allowed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Sin was the GIANT thing sorta sea monsterish. Final bosses was jecht and after that was an un-losable fight against yu-yevon. If you could use a Pheonix down on any of them its news to me. I know there are some bosses but i cant think of any final fantasy END bosses that allowed it.
    Right, it was Braska's Final Aeon that was undead, I misremembered who was who Phoenix down = instant win on that fight, as long as you don't accidentally target one of the pagodas.

i never knew that. Probably bc i was so over leveled it was sickening. Rikku was maxed on speed and attack. She 3 shot the end boss without ever making it back to her starting point. Rikku was the cupcakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, never noticed that he was undead. Was too busy fighting him the standard way, and I wasn't even over-leveled. If I'd known that, I may have used Curaga on him, but I'm too stubborn to use tricks like Phoenix Down on bosses. Feels like cheating.

Yeah, considering I killed him a few times, I heard about it from a friend and decided to give it a shot, and was shocked it actually did. Such a hilarious oversight for a final boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I fully expect Norns to be stabbing Jormag with his tooth.

OR (just got a brilliant idea)

Weapons made out of his tooth. You know how every Norn tries to break it? You, as the main hero, break the tooth and forge new weapons to fight against Jormag! Brilliant!
    That's a pretty cool story related idea, brosephine.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    That's a pretty cool story related idea, brosephine.
    Can't tell if serious or being a jerk.