Poll: Do you give the medicine?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    each set of symptoms sounds like a very early sunday morning after a good night clubbing, one medicine cures all, its called "chillingwithfriendssmokingsomeweedtoeasethecomedown"

Voted no.

It's up to the patient wether he/she wants to risk taking it or not. The important thing here is to inform the patient about the risks.

Anyone voting yes I hope never becomes a doctor.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Give them both pills.

Since the correct pill makes them immune to all other diseases, once they have taken it, they will be instantly cured of the affliction caused by the incorrect pill.

Deleted
    The guy above has it right.

The wrong medicine worsens symptoms
    The right medicine clears up BOTH diseases and makes you immune to them.

So you give them both. If you give them the right one followed by the wrong one, they're already cured and thus the second pill has no effect.
    If you give them the wrong one followed by the right one, you've made the symptoms worse but then cured them anyway, thus removing the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, avoiding malpractice suits ftw.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    I would risk it...

no one? ok, then i will.

ofc i'd let the patient chose after thoroughly explaining the situation.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ