Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Using FM transmitter to stream Spotify in the car

Hello!

I wasn't sure where to post this, but the computer forum must be filled with techy people so I figured I'd try here. If you want it anywhere else please feel free to move it.

So I have a problem. I have an FM transmitter in my car, where I can connect USB devices to play music in the car speakers through the radio. What I want to do is hook up my Galaxy S III to this transmitter and play Spotify. I've read up a bit on the issue and it seems that if I want to play Spotify I have to directly connect my earphone jack in the phone to the transmitter.

Now, I've searched and haven't found any adapters that goes from the S III earphone jack to the USB. An additional problem is that the jack is not the typical 3,5 mm jack (the 3,5 mm Samsung earphones plug is 2 millimeter or so longer than the typical 3,5 mm plug from other earphones, to make people buy the official stuff).

I've looked at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA0PG07K3635 which looks amazing for the purpose, except that I'm sure that 3,5 mm plug won't work with my S III.

Now, I'm wondering what I can do. Have any of you overcome this problem? Any suggestions are very welcome.

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 07:22 PM ----------

I'm dumb. Spoke to a friend and he said I'd bypass all the brainache by getting a bluetooth-compatible FM transmitter. Doh.

Found one for about $35. Happy camper over here.

/close

Just so you know, the standard 3,5mm would have worked perfectly. Own the same phone and hook it up to the car via the headphone jack.

The extra ring on the jack connected to the earphones you got with your phone is for the microphone signal, but any 3.5mm jack would work for audio only.

I am using 6 methods of playing Spotify in my car, which depends on my will and mood.
    #1 Stream Spotify in Your Car via Bluetooth
    #2 Link Spotify to the Car through USB or AUX-IN Port
    #3 Spotify on CarPlay
    #4 Spotify on Android Auto
    #5 Stream Spotify on Parrot
    #6 Copy Spotify Music to USB Flash Drive with TuneFab Spotify Music Converter
    Share it with you all, enjoy your Spotify Music playing in your car!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jjswew View Post
    I am using 6 methods of playing Spotify in my car, which depends on my will and mood.
    #3 Spotify on CarPlay
    Your first post was a 6-year-old necro to a thread that was resolved no less. You're going to do well here, no joke.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jjswew View Post
    #3 Spotify on CarPlay
    #1 Install $150 Android stereo and run Spotify directly onto it.
    #2 Profit

I literally stuck this into my Uncle's 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee cause he wanted a "TV". I literally have these in all my cars. Put your phone's wifi tethering on and enjoy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-New-An...kAAOSwsUlamLNo

Another method is to download and convert Spotify to MP3 with the help of <snip>.

Infracted
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2019-09-03 at 04:08 PM.