Deleted

Looking for the game that had the same impact on me like WoW did.

I've played World of Warcraft for about 4-5 years now. It has been terrible lately, for me atleast. Most of my friends quit WoW, I tried everything to get back into WoW again. Even took a break, still can't get into it. I'm looking for -the- game that could have the same impact on me like WoW did. Something that you would be playing for a very very VERY long time and actually really get into. It seems like WoW is the only thing of that kind, but pehaps there is not.

MMORPG, regular RPG, anything. ( Except for Elder Scrolls or Fallout series, I know those. )
    Do you have the perfect solution for me or any suggestions? I'd gladly try them

I wish I could have fun on WoW, but sadly I can't. Not really hyped on MoP at the moment, that might mean the expansion will be good... Who knows? xD

What game will enchant me like WoW did?

Deleted
    Pretty much everything has been done now, so no matter what you play it will feel kind of familiar.

Maybe you will enjoy guild wars 2? I have been dodging it for SO long and been trying so hard, and its taking alot of restraint to not use a beta key given to me. I want it to feel all new and shiny to me when it gets released, so other than some basics and mechanics I know next to nothing about it.

Also doing as little as possible with the MoP beta for the very same reason.

Shield yourself from forums and their opinions, dont look at guides or whatnot, for me at least makes games more enjoyable when they come out. Oh and if you frequent /v/ avoid it like the plague xD (hope I cant get infracted for saying something like that, I honestly feel that avoiding looking about games in advance is a good thing. Its like knowing part of a story before you read it)

Rift would be a good addition to your MMORPG slate, solid community and a really good developer. Has an expansion coming out later this year which introduces 2 new continents about the size of the already huge world. Trion, the developer is full of people who have crafted Everquest 2. The raiding is just like BC where you will have to go through all of the raids to reach the current content.

They have released 9 patches since release in March 2011, pretty big undertaking. They expect to release 2 more patches before the expansion coming out this year. Unlike WoW they announce the new expansion and then nothing new comes out lol.

It has a diverse class system with 4 classes and 9 souls (talent trees) for each class.

Tanks can be a rogue, a warrior or even a cleric.
    Healers can be a mage, rogue can be a buffer/HoT, cleric.
    And every class can DPS.

Leveling is fairly fast and easy because of the new instant adventure system that can be used from level 10-50. It puts you into a group of only people from your server and you do group quests in a zone that is open to everyone. It gets you a considerable amount of Platinum which is equivalent to gold in WoW. You will also get planarite and scourcestones which help you get gear for your level. These currencies may also be obtained from rifts in the open world which are essentially waves of monsters appearing out of a rift in the sky, but the big fun is when an invasion happens where the zone goes to hell pretty much lol. All the zones are packed with people because of these and also because of the new mentoring system which de-levels anyone higher than the current content.

Overall it's a really fun game to play and has been getting an increase in player activity. If you like playing with a ton of people on your server than I'd say wolfsbane would be the best choice. Everywhere you go you will see players and ques are pretty instant. Trion pushes out a ton of updates for the game and they are all thought-out and fun to play.

Just last week there was a sale on Rift 10$ and you will also get free 30 days, usually its 10$ excluding 30 day membership. If you're not yet sure about the game you should do some research and by the time you are thinking about playing it hopefully it's on sale .

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say The Secret World/Guilds Wars 2. Maybe try some of the other MMO's on a trial like Rift/Tera. Coming back to WoW at this point I wouldn't recommend anyway to close to the next x-pack coming out, and not much to do in the game to keep you from getting bored.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    Pretty much everything has been done now, so no matter what you play it will feel kind of familiar.
    That's bullshit. There are plenty of interesting things left to do. One of the guys working on TES Online made that claim and the guys from CCP rightfully belittled him for it. Trying something new is just risky, so most developers stay with what's safe and proven to work. Heck, WoW wasn't even that innovative when it first came out. It did some interesting things, but it was still very much a game based off of EQ. It was just a damn good game. There are plenty of new and interesting things that games can do, developers just need to be able to take the risk to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know your situation, but if it's anything like mine, then you might as well give up. For me WoW was my first MMO. I was completely taken aback by the expansive world and gameplay. It was like nothing I'd ever experienced before. Now, MMOs tend to copy WoW's system and add a couple unique features to kinda differentiate themselves from WoW. Usually it doesn't work out that well and you end up feeling like you've done it all before. I doubt that I'll ever find a game that I enjoyed as much as I did WoW when I first started playing it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing about WoW that hooked me the most was the freedom in the world. Being able to literally climb over every mountain, wander in to any zone, and traverse the entire continent without seeing a single loading zone was awesome. I loved the art style too, it was enjoyable to see everything as I wandered. But really, nothing has managed to do that since then. It's easily the reason I can get sucked in to Skyrim for hours and hours.

I have been playing The Secret World and loving it. It doesn't have the same freedom in terms of open world travel, but it really feels like a living world, and an interesting one at that. All of the characters, the stories, the lore, and the environments all feel alive. It also helps that the developers have made it so atmospheric and placed plenty of hidden stuff for the explorer to find.

Really I haven't felt like this about an MMO since WoW released back in 2004.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only other MMORPG coming out soon is Guild Wars 2, And i doubt you'll feel so into GW2 as you did with WoW because all your friend may not play GW.

It depends a lot on what it was about World of Warcraft specifically that hooked you. If that factor is not necessarily gameplay related, such as friends, then there is no game anyone can recommend that will satisfy.

Deleted
    Thanks for the suggestions, some of my friends are going to play Guild Wars 2 ( hopefully ). I might look into Secret World as well, but Guild Wars 2 seems like a nice new experience that I could try. I'd like to meet new people on Guild Wars 2, perhaps a bit of RP as well. Let's hope Guild Wars 2 can surprise us!

Deleted
    If you're prepared to take your time and experience content as you find it, then I'd suggest Rift and Guild Wars 2. Both of which carry a lot of depth to their lore, arguably more than some of the questionable storylines that WoW is currently offering.

I'll add my recommendation for The Secret World, I started on 6/30 and have been having a blast, I can't say anything about GW2 as I havent payed it much attention,

i left wow due to choice's blizzard made and i have been on SWTOR for a few weeks now and i enjoy every min of it i don't feel forced to log in and level up or gear up to beat the content before it comes old.
    i plan to play Guild Wars 2 once it release's im even going to be its in beta weekend 3 next week. i already know guild wars 2 will be my main mmorpg and swtor will be my side one.
    personally i say try out guild wars 2 it may have a lot of things you like and its a b2p= buy the game play it forever. i enjoyed guild wars 1 and the time i spent on it and i already know ill enjoy guild wars 2.

I've been playing MMO's since EQ. I played wow since launch and have tried every MMO that has released since. I left wow 3 months after Cata release and haven't looked back since.

GW2 is the first MMO that has the "What's over there?!" feel and excitement to it that wow did. I recommend GW2.

Not to mention that once you have the ability to dodge in combat... other MMO combat encounters without it feel boring (to me at least).