Deleted
    We will repel them once more with the power of love and violent demonstrations!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is far, far better than SOPA coming into place. A hundred times better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    It is far, far better than SOPA coming into place. A hundred times better
    Still pretty bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Still pretty bad.
    True, but with ACTA in place, there will be pretty much no chance that a stronger bill would be put into place. So I guess that in the long term, this could be seen as a good thing as the lesser of two evils

True, but with ACTA in place, there will be pretty much no chance that a stronger bill would be put into place. So I guess that in the long term, this could be seen as a good thing as the lesser of two evils
    There is no good things involved in cases like this and it's not something where one should pick lesser of evils of anything. It's a simple no.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

There is no reason for us to accept either.

10+ Year Old Account
    May be the lesser evil, but to be honest, it's still evil.

I'd say this is getting fucking ridiculous, but we're far beyond that point now.

are you high or an idiot? ACTA in place therefore no stronger bill? do you not know how law making works or are you some delusional nut case that thinks laws are never strengthened or that a series of laws that reinforce or deal with the same concept wouldnt be introduced? why the hell on earth do you think ACTA would be the end of it? WHY? do you even know what precedent means? it means that once something has become law you can make it law again or introduce something similar to it which means that establishing a precedent means you can make a lot more laws once the early "lesser evil" has gone through
    Last edited by ambigiouslynamed; 2012-07-10 at 11:56 PM.
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    May be the lesser evil, but to be honest, it's still evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    There is no reason for us to accept either.
    I am fully aware of this. But I tend to like to look at the positive sides of things, even with things as invasive and crude and industry-biased as these kinds of bills

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    are you high or an idiot? ACTA in place therefore no stronger bill? do you not know how law making works or are you some delusional nut case that thinks laws are never strengthened or that a series of laws that reinforce or deal with the same concept wouldnt be introduced? why the hell on earth do you think ACTA would be the end of it? WHY? do you even know what precedent means? it means that once something has become law you can make it law again or introduce something similar to it which means that establishing a precedent means you can make a lot more laws once the early "lesser evil" has gone through
    When you have the mental capacity to carry out a discussion without requiring ad hominems to carry your entire post, let me know and I'll respond.

I am fully aware of this. But I tend to like to look at the positive sides of things, even with things as invasive and crude and industry-biased as these kinds of bills

When you have the mental capacity to carry out a discussion without requiring ad hominems to carry your entire post, let me know and I'll respond.
    so you are an idiot, gotcha oh and btw this is real life so singing lalalala will only make you look like an idiot, you actually have to defend yourself or play the fool

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-07-11 at 12:19 AM.
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Deleted
    Everyone who feels strongly about this issue needs to remain vigilant. Regardless of whether it passes or not, it is going to re-emerge in different forms in an attempt to get through the system.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, I don't want either of these evils, I don't care if one is lesser, it is still something that would be detrimental to my, your, and everyone else's internet.

Do not want.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we all knew it would rear its ugly head once more. As always lets protest and make it apparent we don't want silly stuff like this passing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    so you are an idiot, gotcha oh and btw this is real life so singing lalalala will only make you look like an idiot, you actually have to defend yourself or play the fool

Infracted
    The fact that he/she even responded to your comment after you verbally attacked him/her instead of attacking his/her argument is beyond me.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Tnx for the info brother.. keep it up!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you pick the lesser of two evils, you are still picking an evil.
    Putin khuliyo