Deleted

SPriest - Trinket for Rated Battlegrounds

Hello guys, once again here I am asking for your advices.

At the moment I am only pvp'ing, doing nothing more than Rated Battlegrounds. I am thinking of switching one trinket. Currently, I'm using [Cataclysmic Gladiator's Badge of Dominance] but I am thinking to switch to either [Bottled Wishes] or [Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor](N). I don't do pve anymore, so I don't want to put the effort into getting an heroic t13 trinket.

For single target I guess the intellect trinket would be the best choice, but in Rbg's I do a lot of multi-targeting. I usually put Vampiric-touch and SW:P in two or three targets and after that I go for the focus target of the raid.

So guys, which trinket do you guys think I should use? Once again, thank you. =)
    Last edited by mmoc321e15a9d0; 2012-07-11 at 02:20 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just farm LFR and pray for a Cunning of the Cruel. Cunning is just so powerful in RBGs. VPLC is another strong option.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am by no means qualified to discuss shadow PvP. But in the few battlegrounds I've done with all PvE gear, I dominated the damage done and CoC was a huge part of that. I would definitely recommend picking that up from LFR if at all possible.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Yeah cunning of the cruel is probably the most powerful BG trinket you'll get. The proc has no limit for the amount of targets it can have, and there is an unlimited range...

This means that if you get dots off on people in a skirmish, but die... you could rez at the gy on the other side of the map and have the trinket proc, throwing shadow bolts flying off into the distance.

Still get giddy every time that happens. It's even better because I am lucky enough to have the non-raid finder version.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    I know how powerful Cunning of the cruel is but as I said, I only do pvp, and it's very hard to get it through LFR, since every caster dps wants it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Go with Bottled Wishes. Also keep the PVP SP on use trinket in bags with you if you see that you are the main target in fights every bit of dmg reduction will help.

Deleted
    Ok I will get Bottled Wishes, in the mean time I'll use VPLC. As always, you guys are great. Thank you. =)

15+ Year Old Account
    I do a lot of shadow pvp and I'd like to think I'm a fairly knowledgeable person on the subject. Personally, if I didn't have at least normal cunning of the cruel let alone heroic (I swap between heroic cunning / pvp trinket, and double pvp trinkets depending on what we're up against), I would be using resilience pieces. You won't see a significant dps increase swapping to bottled wishes, and hardly with normal VPLC. You will feel a significant survivability increase with higher resilience however - and if you honestly end up around 5k resilience as a shadowpriest - you can shift your strategy to offer yourself to your opponents (by overextending) to distract them from your more frail dps and healers.

If you really had to pick something to up your damage, I'd go with VPLC - more int = more mana, which is the biggest limiting factor in my RBG damage, it's also the higher flat dps increase, and the proc makes you even more bursty which is good. The haste gain from bottled wishes isn't bad but unless your getting extra ticks out of it, and even then really - that trinket is all about the on-use effect. The problem with on-use effects in RBGs is while it might help some of the time, most of the time it does nothing for you - VPLC and Cunning never turn off (and neither does resilience for that matter).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    I do a lot of shadow pvp and I'd like to think I'm a fairly knowledgeable person on the subject. Personally, if I didn't have at least normal cunning of the cruel let alone heroic (I swap between heroic cunning / pvp trinket, and double pvp trinkets depending on what we're up against), I would be using resilience pieces. You won't see a significant dps increase swapping to bottled wishes, and hardly with normal VPLC. You will feel a significant survivability increase with higher resilience however - and if you honestly end up around 5k resilience as a shadowpriest - you can shift your strategy to offer yourself to your opponents (by overextending) to distract them from your more frail dps and healers.

If you really had to pick something to up your damage, I'd go with VPLC - more int = more mana, which is the biggest limiting factor in my RBG damage, it's also the higher flat dps increase, and the proc makes you even more bursty which is good. The haste gain from bottled wishes isn't bad but unless your getting extra ticks out of it, and even then really - that trinket is all about the on-use effect. The problem with on-use effects in RBGs is while it might help some of the time, most of the time it does nothing for you - VPLC and Cunning never turn off (and neither does resilience for that matter).

More resil is always good, but do you really have issues with people targeting you enough in rbgs to warrant double pvp trinket in rbgs? I typically run H-cunning / H-insignia, and never have issues, sometimes even switching to 4pc PvE. Spriests aren't exactly a high priority target, like healers, DKs, or any big damage classes like boomkins,

Deleted
    Now I'm even more confused, while some of you say that I should get the haste trinket when the rest tells me to run the intellect one. Resilience isn't a problem, my group has good healers and as Hikamiro said, we're not the main targets. Mana isn't a very big issue...
    Last edited by mmoc321e15a9d0; 2012-07-12 at 02:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    More resil is always good, but do you really have issues with people targeting you enough in rbgs to warrant double pvp trinket in rbgs? I typically run H-cunning / H-insignia, and never have issues, sometimes even switching to 4pc PvE. Spriests aren't exactly a high priority target, like healers, DKs, or any big damage classes like boomkins,
    I do 90% of good Boomkin / DK damage, but where their damage is 50% useless, only like 20% of my damage is really wasted: my dots are like a list of who we're going to kill next. If we fight the same team multiple times I very often become a priority. From a damage perspective though, Bottled Wishes and reg VPLC just are not substitutes for any form of Cunning / heroic VPLC. Having all the trinkets - I do occasionally use more resilience, but I can't imagine trading that out for bottled wishes or reg vplc unless my damage was really low.

Edit: Hikamiro you really run 4pc PvE in RBGs? I've always wanted to try it - maybe next time I'll designate a mage to follow me around and babysit peels for me all game and see how it works. It sounds delicious ^^
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-07-12 at 10:14 PM.

cunning or full resi tbh.. the guy saying hes running full resi and has a heroic cunning is mad... heroic cunning will drop ur resi around 1% dmg reductions worth whereas heroic cunning will up your dmg by a HUGE amount

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    cunning or full resi tbh.. the guy saying hes running full resi and has a heroic cunning is mad... heroic cunning will drop ur resi around 1% dmg reductions worth whereas heroic cunning will up your dmg by a HUGE amount
    To be clear, I said I run 4100 resil 90-95% of the time (Tarecgosa, HCunning, all int gems/enchants), 5% of the time - if I swap to anything - it's full resil if I'm anticipating enemy teams prioritizing me as or above healers. The point is that regular VPLC and bottled wishes are *not* substitutes for cunning (even LFR cunning), you either need cunning - or you wear a 403 resil trinket - but not reg vplc / bottled wishes.

Cunning, even LFR cunning - is apparently not an option to the OP - so saying Cunning or Full Resil actually means you Agree with me (in that you are also suggesting full resil over reg VPLC / bottled wishes), thanks.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-07-14 at 11:57 PM.