Poll: How happy are you?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    very very happy

Miserable. Not kidding.

Deleted
    Happy? Not on this planet.

But at this very moment, which is also the best scenario possible in my case, is : neither.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy as it stands right now. Most of the stuff I'm working on (school, running, etc) I have seen noticeable differences in between now and last year, and it's things I can actually change. Things that are out of my control I stopped caring about to a great extent, and it has made me far happier than I ever thought I would be.

Deleted
    Pretty happy :P

Deleted
    I'm alive and healthy so I'm happy.

“Happiness comes in small doses folks. It's a cigarette butt, or a chocolate chip cookie or a five second orgasm. You come, you smoke the butt you eat the cookie you go to sleep wake up and go back to fucking work the next morning, THAT'S IT! End of fucking list! ”
    ― Denis Leary

Quote Originally Posted by Jailbuild View Post
    “Happiness comes in small doses folks. It's a cigarette butt, or a chocolate chip cookie or a five second orgasm. You come, you smoke the butt you eat the cookie you go to sleep wake up and go back to fucking work the next morning, THAT'S IT! End of fucking list! ”
    ― Denis Leary
    Thinking of this it seems the English language doesn't really have words to differentiate short term happiness and long term happiness. For instance in Dutch you have:
    Gelukkig zijn - points more to long term happiness
    Vrolijk zijn or blij zijn - points more to short therm happiness

So you become (blij) from that chocolate chip cookie but not (gelukkig). You become (gelukkig) when your life etc. is great.

Checked wiki for it:
    Gelukkig: Can be defined as being satisfied with current living standards or the way life is presenting it self currently.
    Blij: a positive emotion when satisfied with the current conditions or surroundings most often after a desire is met (like eating a cookie or smoking a cigarette).

Shitty job
    Fucked up studies
    No friends
    No life

...What more could one want?

10+ Year Old Account
    In short - fuck my life.

The only thing I have to look forward to at the age of 36 is the release of Mists of Pandaria. Oh, and the offchance my employer decides to prolong my employment beyond 1/1-2013.

Divorced, huge debt, live with my sister in a small room, no chance of getting a steady girlfriend (too fucking beta) and a major depression that all but affects my work.

I'm somewhat intelligent, but my depression affects my mood so much that I can only perform simple manual labor (I'm a porter at a hospital) instead of using my education as an organic synthesis technician.

The only thing I had going for me in WoW was being a skilled healer (8/8 ICC HC and A Tribute to Mad Skill) in WotLK, but that got a huge hit on the side of the head in Cata, and I haven't healed since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Verry happy.

I have no financial problems, two houses, lovely family and i even have time to waste on the internet and videogames.
    One more child and early retirement would make my life perfect, but i guess i can't get everything.

Deleted
    Not happy nor unhappy; I've no reason to consider my life miserable.