Poll: What wins this map?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Screw poke. You need CC such as snares and stuns combined with nukes.
    Have fun landing any CC when you get poked to death for coming in vision range. I've done about 30 blind pick games on Proving Grounds, and from what I've seen poke teams almost always win against other comps.

What people don't realize is that Proving Grounds isn't like team fights on Summoner's Rift. You start at level 3, and one poke can take a third of your health away. Poke teams build up such a huge gold and level advantage that other comps don't have a chance.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2012-07-12 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Have fun landing any CC when you get poked to death for coming in vision range. I've done about 30 blind pick games on Proving Grounds, and from what I've seen poke teams almost always win against other comps.

What people don't realize is that Proving Grounds isn't like team fights on Summoner's Rift. You start at level 3, and one poke can take a third of your health away. Poke teams build up such a huge gold and level advantage that other comps don't have a chance.
    Poke can be dodged. Click-on-enemy abilities can't, and will allow your teammates to freely attack this target.

You shouldn't even begin to compare it to SR.. The ARAM game mode was mostly based on ARAB in Dominion.

I love how it creates a flow of momentum but by getting an ace or a few kills it can make things difficult as they have access to the shop again.

Its a really straight forward and awesome map with a great feel to it. 1 lane ftw

Poke can be dodged. Click-on-enemy abilities can't, and will allow your teammates to freely attack this target.
    You're underestimating how difficult it is to dodge 5 poke champions. Especially if they're smart and wait till someone tries to get in range for targeted skills. I'll usually save my Light Binding for times like that when I play as Lux.

Poke comps dont win straight up because they cant team fight and have no late game, if the enemy can force team fights on you with bruisers a poke comp will get obliterated instantly. Ive been in poke comps that got ridiculously ahead, however when a team fight was forced our gear gap meant nothing, we just got blown up.

Also never forget the real terror of ARAM. The Blitzcrank, one of the worst games I ever had the enemy were 5 melee, but they had Blitz+Ali. If you got fisted you were dead, no exceptions.
    Last edited by Xanjori; 2012-07-12 at 06:51 AM.

No late game? Varus and Jayce are pretty decent AD carries late game. Jayce can also build bruiser later on and still be beastly. Maokai tanks quite well and has a bit of CC. Late game Lux has super short cooldowns giving her huge dps, and her light binding is ridiculously good for stopping a bruiser in his tracks. Nidalee gets pretty tanky late game and can do some serious damage, as well as support a bit with her heal.

I'm really not seeing how a comp like I suggested isn't good late game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is fun.
    I like how it's set out, but I hate how there are the Health+Mana boosts along the path, that ruins it for me.

They need to add the setting which blacks out buying multiple certain items, like Warmogs, the AoE weapon, item stacks, etc. Stacking them ruins the game.
    It's hardly fun for an enemy team to VS a Mundo with 4 warmogs, HP regen boost item, and an atmas's impaler. MUNDO PAWN.

Apart from that it's fun occasionally, unless you get the worst team comp.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Apart from that it's fun occasionally, unless you get the worst team comp.
    What would be considered the worst team comp for this format?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    What would be considered the worst team comp for this format?
    Full AP, counter - MR. Full AD, - counter - Armour.
    A team with zero carries, - low damage, get aced and lose.

I guess that's basically it, I know I've had some comps where I looked at our team and knew straight away we were dead.
    RNG hates me though, always has, over many games.

I would say the best team comp I've seen is; Orianna, Annie, Fiora, Mundo and Graves. Stack up heaps of armour and we did no damage to them, so we still died. Annie with her stuns, Orianna with her early game harass and evil ulti. Mundo NO DIE. Graves with his high damage cones, and Fiora with the AoE item *brainfart* shreads!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Personally.

Blitz+morgana+Ryze+lux+veigar.

blitz grabs, morgana/ryze snare. veigar cc's his backup.. and lux facerolls him.

Deleted
    I just wish it had a queue like Sr or TT, would be much better and would stop people from leaving. Aside from that it's very nice considering i kinda hate farming and shit in sr and dominion is just a big boring map i don't know i just prefer it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Personally.

Blitz+morgana+Ryze+lux+veigar.

blitz grabs, morgana/ryze snare. veigar cc's his backup.. and lux facerolls him.
    Might be a huge amount of silences/stuns. If they get MR and you will be poking them with plastic spoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I just wish it had a queue like Sr or TT, would be much better and would stop people from leaving. Aside from that it's very nice considering i kinda hate farming and shit in sr and dominion is just a big boring map i don't know i just prefer it!
    Agreed, I'm sick of seeing about 50 ARAM games and all of them with about 5/10 in each, and none of them getting full. How dumb can people get.
    Dear Riot, give us the queue, makes the dumbs not so dumb.

Le sigh, winning an ARAM, we get both base turrets down and then die. Then for some reason two of our players go AFK and we lose, le facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquephyre View Post
    I wasn't around to see it although, apparently this is how TT was first released. The Community is expecting it to be released for Blind and non-ranked Draft soon™.
    Twisted Treelines was the original practice map, hence it being a smaller map with less players, an easier jungle and an incredibly broken buff from the dragon. Due to people liking it so much (I can't imagine why, really), they gave it an actual release.

I'm sure due to popular demand Riot will release it as a 'fun' map so people don't have to do customs for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Twisted Treelines was the original practice map, hence it being a smaller map with less players, an easier jungle and an incredibly broken buff from the dragon. Due to people liking it so much (I can't imagine why, really), they gave it an actual release.

I'm sure due to popular demand Riot will release it as a 'fun' map so people don't have to do customs for it.

they have stated it is coming as a mode not just for custom give it time.

when this comes out properly, I will be playing this almost exclusively :P on ARAM. I might even build a second account just for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    they have stated it is coming as a mode not just for custom give it time.

when this comes out properly, I will be playing this almost exclusively :P on ARAM. I might even build a second account just for it.
    Why would you make a second account....?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah right, of course. It would still be the same though. It's just less/no IP, and a longer waiting time before you can play.
    Right, I'm waiting for them to include it in the matchmaking system and apply some IP to it!
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Right, I'm waiting for them to include it in the matchmaking system and apply some IP to it!
    If they ever do come out with this, I doubt they'll give much-if any- IP from it. You'll be making 15-30 ip a game AT MOST.

ARAB was more cool but i got annoyed with loosing team insulting other team and calling them cheaters all the time. In ARAM u cant cheat and its fun too.

Poke isnt 100% guaranteed win
    Theres a 1% chance that the game drags on for so long that a superior teamfight comp can just roll over a poke comp.
    Won a game where the enemy had heimer/nida while we were nasus/mundo/vayne/karthus.
    They didnt finish and once we all had 6 items we just steamrolled them as 5, nasus and mundo bodyblocking everything without losing hp and karthus/vayne killing them

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Why would you make a second account....?
    You only buy OP champs such as urgot, nida, heimer, morg etc so that you always get one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...