Poll: Funniest stand-up comedian

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Ironic cause I JUST started a stand up before I randomly saw this thread.

Its all about Dave Chapelle. By far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dave Chappelle is the only one out of the list I really got a kick out of, so I chose him. If Carlin was up there, my vote would be with him in a heartbeat.

Dave Chappelle hands down, maybe Eddie Murphy long time ago, well and ofcz Carlin.

P.S Im suprised that Dave Chappelle is not higher...maybe it has smth to do with his "threw out 50 mil and go to africa and later never show up in tv"

10+ Year Old Account
    i voted jeff dunham... also i didnt know half of them were comedians
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to go with Bill Engvall, he always makes me laugh. Dane Cook used to be pretty good but his later stuff was meh. Daniel Tosh makes me stab my ears though :-/
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

15+ Year Old Account
    Lewis Black and Jim Gaffigan are two of my faves. There are a lot I like. Of the ones in the poll I actually like, I guess Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle. Some of them aren't even stand up comics, are they?

Daniel Tosh, pretty far ahead of everyone else atm imo.

It's definitely due to the style, some people don't like it.

and ofc all the legends pryor/murphy/carlin/williams

Dane Cook/Carlos Mencia were good in the beginning (regardless of whether or not they stole material), their delivery was much funnier than the original.

Only one I can't see is Louis CK, I've tried and tried to watch his standup, but I find myself not even cracking a smile. Not once, ever. I have no idea how he keeps getting work, easily the UNfunniest person on the planet.

Just noticed, no Jeff Foxworthy on the poll? Sold more albums that most of those others combined, except for the legends, somebody has to think he's funny (I know I know, nobody likes him yet he sells a billion albums, kinda like Bieber and Nickelback)
    Last edited by Dazzy; 2012-07-15 at 04:38 PM.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Carlin and Hicks are easily two of the greatest comedians ever, but then, through some crazy set of coincidences, Dane frakin' Cook somehow ended up on this poll instead.

Still waters run deep.