Deleted

Would you sell bags now or wait?

I had some bags and I had thought of waiting but they're still at profit; so I wonder if it's a good idea to sell some now. Besides, there is a risk to wait. For example, people may be ok with cheap ass bags even from vendors or lots of people may stockpile them and be tanked, or some kind of ultra cheap bag from the professions might pop up.

What do you think. Dunno. Would u sell - at a good profit - bags now, or wait for a bigger profit - or rather, a chance for a bigger profit - later?

Well depends on how easy it is to access the mop bags. So we don't really know which to go with.

Is huge bags really gonna be a huge money maker in mop?

With shared mounts i wont need alts to have huge bags cause all my alts will have the travellers tundra to sell off vendor trash like i can do on my main etc

hard to say weither to keep hold of them or sell them off

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd sell them now or in the three- ten first days of launch:

1-now: because every time there are new bags, the current ones lower their price a bit, making the ones even older worthless.

2-At launch: Because when people is leveling and need fast room they'll buy anything as they simply want it at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I'd sell them now or in the three- ten first days of launch:

1-now: because every time there are new bags, the current ones lower their price a bit, making the ones even older worthless.

2-At launch: Because when people is leveling and need fast room they'll buy anything as they simply want it at the moment.
    I have to agree with #2... At launch 2 things will happen.. leveling monks and leveling the flavor of the patch
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Wait until MOP release date is announced and people start coming back to the game, summers are notorious for being dead on a lot of servers, but if you have a stable economy on your server then it couldn't hurt.
    But, you also have to remember that other people are most likely going to wait to sell once the expatiation gets closer in an effort to make more profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    I am selling bags all the time, and in my opinion right now is a good call since because of the "downtime" while waiting for a new expansion people level their alts and therefore need bags.

I remember netherweave bags inflating to like 40-50g when cata came out, it was like that for weeks. I think a lot of people are going to regret not banking more to sell at release. But if you can get decent sales now, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbs View Post
    I remember netherweave bags inflating to like 40-50g when cata came out, it was like that for weeks. I think a lot of people are going to regret not banking more to sell at release. But if you can get decent sales now, go for it.
    Netherweave Bags crashed down to 3-5g during Cataclysm launch on my server. Everyone had the same idea and the market was flooded out by panicked sellers. It took months before bag prices climbed back up to even the price of cloth. I would sell now if prices are high; we can always get more cloth.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sell now. Sell later. Never stop selling. Mats are easy to get.

Come a new expansion, and new alts there will always be a huge demand for bags for them.
    Netherweave bags are at a nice price/size point which will serve any new characters for a considerable amount of time.
    Given the point about the tundra mammoth, it would make them even more attractive than larger bags.

Deleted
    If you can make a profit now, and continue to buy enough cloth to stockpile for MoP then my vote is to go for both. I'm currently doing both - keeping a certain amount in supply for MoP but still making some profit right now as you can never be 100% sure how many other people are going to have the same idea on your server at release, affecting your profit.

Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    Sell now. Sell later. Never stop selling. Mats are easy to get.
    This right here.

On my server though, I will say that Embersilk Bags are slow sellers and the list prices barely cover the cloth costs. Usually I'm too busy/lazy to farm Deepholm on my tailor, and dust is going for 40-50g a stack on my server so I just go for the quick dust sale.

Deleted
    I did a closer look and I noticed some things that aren't very encouraging;

The netherweaves have consistent but extremely low profit. i.e. it would need selling about 10 a day (in a small realm) to be worth it. And that means lots of bag(for storage of them and mats) management for little profit. And there's competition.

The frostweaves looked better before but now some guy posts them at low profit (10%).

The new ones appear better in profit but they appear risky because their mats might be better in other venues. I'd justify those only if I were the sole seller to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbs View Post
    This. I'm building up a stockpile of about 500 bags to sell in the first week. I've been finding that a stack of netherweave cloth is going for anywhere between 8-30g on my server. I've been buying out all the stacks at 13g and lower. So basically one bags is costing me under 15g to craft. I can turn around and sell them for 20-25g on average, or, I can wait and do what I did at the start of Cata and sell them off for 50g a pop.

The only thing I'm on the fence about this time is whether to up my amount to about 1000 bags. I went through 300 the first two weeks of cata and was kicking myself for not having 500ish on hand.

confused.what to do...you can sell...