Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

revolutionary war 2012

what do you think would happen if the american people got together to disband our political leaders? i feel like our country needs a huge overhaul. if thousands of people went and slaughtered our federal leaders what do you think would happen to the country? would it even be possible?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Would be a disaster if people attempted to do so. Unless the people can get the military on their sides it wont happen.

Wow....

If you want to live in a country where the only way to change the government is with bloodshed, I'm sure you could find one somewhere.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    see: Africa
    You mean Somalia.

Violence is a last resort, not what you do when some people are pissed that the system's moving too slowly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Wow....

If you want to live in a country where the only way to change the government is with bloodshed, I'm sure you could find one somewhere.
    There may not be a choice. The second Amendment was given to us for a reason. It gives us a fighting chance.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    You mean Somalia.
    see: Africa portrayed by the media which may or may not be actually accurate

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people would die for nothing.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by joeyflop View Post
    what do you think would happen if the american people got together to disband our political leaders? i feel like our country needs a huge overhaul. if thousands of people went and slaughtered our federal leaders what do you think would happen to the country? would it even be possible?
    Assuming for a second that a) there were enough people to do so, b) they were able to organise and arm themselves, c) they were able to do so in a manner that didn't alert the authorities and d) manage to defeat the people who have spent their entire lives training to ensure that you didn't kill the people you were after...

Assuming you managed to do all that... then what? You'd have a massive bureaucracy with nobody in charge. You'd have hundreds, if not thousands of people vying for the exact same positions that you just "vacated". Your economy would collapse. There would be riots across the country over food and water. You'd have armed gangs roaming the streets doing and taking whatever the pleased. Basic services that you take for granted - Running Water, Sanitation, Road and Building Maintenance, Gas, Electricity - would be non-existent.

Yeah, sounds great. Tune in next week on "Stupid Fucking Ideas" to hear about taming Sperm Whales so we don't pollute the ocean with boats.
    Last edited by saberon; 2012-07-12 at 04:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Wow....

Our country is founded on the blood of the corrupt. If shit gets worse, and it will. Then it is only inevitable. Democracy is slowly eroding away in this country. There will be a final straw and history will repeat itself. The only difference now, we have a U.N. and super advance weaponry. That would only make it he worst tragedy in American history. America would rage like World War Hulk, to have foreign troops on American Soil fighting a battle against American civilian for our own rights.

Kinda of ironic.

10+ Year Old Account
    A revolutionary war would not work in today's day and age. AR-15s don't beat cruise missiles and tanks. If thousands of people slaughtered federal officials, thousands of people would later be executed. Our standing military could crush any revolution with ease, enough said.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    A revolutionary war would not work in today's day and age. AR-15s don't beat cruise missiles and tanks. If thousands of people slaughtered federal officials, thousands of people would later be executed. Our standing military could crush any revolution with ease, enough said.
    Doesn't the military serve the people, not the government?

It would depend on what the reason for revolution is, and to whom are the troops actually loyal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 04:33 AM ----------

It would depend on what the reason for revolution is, and to whom are the troops actually loyal with.
    Indeed. The military isn't made up of mindless drones (no pun intended). They have families too, and they are regular people for the most part. It's only the elites that need to be punched in the mouth.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2nd amendment might not be around much longer (Fast & Furious). If they restrict the types of weapons you can have even more than they're restricted atm (UN is currently trying to bring in a global gun law) then all you will have left is bolt actions and you cant topple a tyrant with those. Its highly unlikely, but in the case of a Euro collapse and a dollar crisis, I can see a second revolution happening.

Been a long time since I posted on the forums, browsed alot, no posting, I have thought of the idea myself too honestly, but just a mere thought, the likelyhood of it it in today's society? Low imo, most people in America (dont view as nation bashing I am too an American) would be to stupid to figure out what to do once in a political position granted they changed anything, and as a few other people above me have posted, basically armed civilians against one of the world's most advanced and armed militaries, little to no chance of suceeding. A peaceful transition is of course in reality possible, provided said leaders of a revolution co-opted the military (who would resist the revolution group, our current leaders lolnicetry) but then we're back to our original problem of cluelessness.

Kind of true. However, a revolution does not serve the people. It may serve those who wish to take and wield power, but it doesn't serve the average person who just wants to get on with their life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

10+ Year Old Account
    Our "democracy" has become stagnant. It has been over 200 years that we've been under this form of government, which is a long time. I believe a civil war will happen within the next 30 - 50 years.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Assuming for a second that a) there were enough people to do so, b) they were able to organise and arm themselves, c) they were able to do so in a manner that didn't alert the authorities and d) manage to defeat the people who have spent their entire lives training to ensure that you didn't kill the people you were after...

Assuming you managed to do all that... then what? You'd have a massive bureaucracy with nobody in charge. You'd have hundreds, if not thousands of people vying for the exact same positions that you just "vacated". Your economy would collapse. There would be riots across the country over food and water. You'd have armed gangs roaming the streets doing and taking whatever the pleased. Basic services that you take for granted - Running Water, Sanitation, Road and Building Maintenance, Gas, Electricity - would be non-existent.

Yeah, sounds great. Tune in next week on "Stupid Fucking Ideas" to hear about taming Sperm Whales so we don't pollute the ocean with boats.
    government has nothing to do with our basic needs. those are companies owned and operated by citizens for profits.

10+ Year Old Account
    In time those same revolutionaries would turn into the same people they brought down.
    Black Lives Matter