Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chemicader View Post
    Isnt there a Skyrim DLC coming very soon?
    Already out a couple of weeks ago.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    Drakensang: The River of Time
    Witcher 2
    Dragon age: Origins & Awakening
    Dungeon Siege 3
    Deus Ex 2
    Kingdoms of Amalur
    Titan Quest
    Torchlight 2 (soon)

If you want to go oldschool
    Bauldur's gate
    Neverwinter nights
    KoToR
    Planescape: Torment
    Betrayal at krondor
    This. You should defo go more oldschool. They dont make as good RPGs anymore as they were before.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an rpg fan the best thing you can do is buy a SNES.

-Earthbound
    -Chrono trigger
    -Secret of Evermore
    -Lufia 2
    -Illusion of time (Illusion of gaia in the us)
    -Secret of mana

All of those are amazing and must-play for fans of the genre.

as fur current-day. Witcher 1/2 (although 1 is hard to get into for some people, the combat is pretty awkward.)

The walking dead, although more Visual Novel than RPG, is just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is indeed an amazing game... actually one of the best I've played! You should give it a try.
    KOA:R is the single-player WOW. Problem is, it has gnomes. Lot's of them. To add insult to injury they are templars AND sand gnomes. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go rampage on them.

Fallout3 is Skyrim with guns.

As of ME3, you should play ME1 and ME2 first. Without a savegame ME3 is just half of the game. I would recommend the ME games.

Deleted
    Skyrim
    Skyrim
    Skyrim

And Icewind Dale.

As much as I love Deus Ex HR, I wouldn't say it's a full fledged RPG. It's more of an action game / shooter than RPG. There is only a bunch of quests and main story (while exceptionally good) is linear.

I don't know about Mass Effect 3, but I can only guess that it wouldn't be that fun without playing 1st and 2nd part of the series.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 02:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    Deus Ex 2
    Are you sure you wanted to include Deus Ex 2 in your list? It's the worst part of the series, most shallow one and most frowned upon one.
    Maybe you meant 1 or 3?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Are you sure you wanted to include Deus Ex 2 in your list? It's the worst part of the series, most shallow one and most frowned upon one.
    Maybe you meant 1 or 3?
    You are correct sir. DE2 was so bad, I forgot it existed. I did indeed mean DE:HR. Hell even Deus Ex is worth 12 play throughs if you haven't already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Deleted
    The witcher 2 if you can handle difficult games good graphics and mature story

Quote Originally Posted by Cfyhx View Post
    Can someone explain why Fallout New Vegas is better than Fallout 3? Also, are they linked together in any way (storywise)? I have no idea.
    I like it more because it adds so much and makes it more like a true fallout game and no, they're not linked besides taking place in the same universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    One more vote to Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Even oblivion is nice if you haven't played it. The RPG mechanics are more in depth than skyrim's, but the graphics are severely dated now

i would go for fallout or the witcher.

However. There is quite a few mods for skyrim that make it almost into a new experience. i had about 150 hours in skyrim before modding and adding another 100

I haven't done much in the single player RPG world, but if you don't mind looking at something older, my best suggestion is Freelancer. When I played this game a few years ago the only reasons I stopped were pain, sleep, and work. I absolutely loved the storyline and the gameplay.

If you can pick it up used for a good price I would do it and keep it on hand, maybe you have higher priorities in newer games to play now but eventually you will make time for Freelancer and regret not having played it earlier.

The Witcher 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Bioshock 1&2, Dragon Age: Origins are my favourites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't buy ME3 unless you want to get the full Mass Effect trilogy. Trust me, the trilogy is worth it but ME3 is not a stand-alone game. Also, don't listen to the people who still bitch and moan about ME3's end, the game is downright brilliant and the Extended Cut (IMO) fixed most of the problems with the end. Play the game and make your own opinion.

Deus Ex: HR is a fun game, I'm about seven hours into it at the moment. Unlike Mass Effect, you can jump in without playing it's predecessors. It's an FPS but there's a lot of RPG elements (picking augmentations, etc) and it's a decent game.

Never played Fallout.
    Putin khuliyo

i'd add those to the list, if u are interested in fantasy:

dragon's dogma
    kingdom of amalur

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendhammer View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Absolutely amazing game. The way Fable should have been.
    This game, I am upset that the company which made it is gone, but it is possibly the best new RRP I have seen in years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to play Kingdoms of Amalur really bad, but it's still $60 on Steam. If the price went down I'd buy it. I bet EA isn't letting Steam drop the price on it since they allowed the developer to go belly up. Jerks.

I loved Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2. Great game to play.

Deus ex
    Fallout 3
    Mass effect 3
    Skyrim
    Dragon Age

Their all great games it's really hard to decide. Currently steam have their summer sale going so you can pick these games up for a very low price