Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You can't really complain about an open market. People can list their stuff for whatever they are willing to get for it. If you can't handle that, then you just have to accept it, and find other ways to make money. You might just have to make less profit on items and list more items to make up for that. Happy farming.

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    I had a guy on an overpriced market trying to undercut every chance he got. So I started pricing low to cut his lust short. But not too low to start being bought. A sort of "wall", but not too aggressive, not too low to be ridiculous, high enough to be at a profit and still not fill worthless if being bought.

But now it appears he starts undercutting even those.

If I go more low, it's going to start feeling worthless because the profit will be in the vicinity of 5 to 10% while there is also some risk since the mats shouldn't be depleted too fast. I'd rather keep a lot for later.

It's also not easy to beat his camping times because he's almost always online at the times needed.

The only solution I can think of now is to stay firm and not let him be too profitable at those products.
    Your farming. its 100% profit.
    If you have a problem with him undercutting you, sell your stuff in trade chat lol

*~*A true troll, doesn't even realize he is trolling until he sees me behind him with my troll hunting axe

See, the OP of this thread is now just making a mockery. We took time from our day to assist and help you and give very good advice, not only to you but to others who come across this thread and find the title interesting. Now you are just making comments like, "Tough shit, this is how I play. Adapt or get out."

Some of us actually like to share advice we personally have learned or picked up from others. You posted because at some point this morning, you wanted suggestions. Now you're trolling. Very poor on your part.

I support people who undercut. It actually lets me occasionally get something at a fair price, while the pricks who control the market and play the auction house all day price things way too high. I swear, the game would be so much better if auctioning was done away with. As it is, the people who do that screw over the people who just play the game and have no more income than what leveling gives.

So I started pricing low to cut his lust short.
    Since you're already wavering, it seems he beat you at your own game =-p If you're facing an actual person, it's a power of the wills. If you're facing an addon/bot, well then you have to outsmart it.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I support people who undercut. It actually lets me occasionally get something at a fair price, while the pricks who control the market and play the auction house all day price things way too high. I swear, the game would be so much better if auctioning was done away with. As it is, the people who do that screw over the people who just play the game and have no more income than what leveling gives.
    Games with no auction house have traders who compete live for your business. Usually keeps buy/sell prices very close together. Except on reasonably rare things, those get ridiculously expensive.

Deleted
    If being annoyed is what drives you, it doesn't help the argument.
    Fateswarn whats your point? Are you after advice or are you here to just milk responses. Several people have given you v good advice on how the ah works but you appear not to understand it.

You started undercutting and the other guy responded by undercutting back. You complain.
    What is it you want?

ps I was pointing out if you employ a strategy that makes other people lose money then dont be surprised if they dont let you walk all over them and respond in some way to make it less profitable for you.
    Last edited by mmoc0afa280d34; 2012-07-12 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledonn View Post
    See, the OP of this thread is now just making a mockery. We took time from our day
    It's not my problem you can't accept some people do not accept your view of the world that they are to be "teached" by you.

Some of us know what they don't know even if they play for years.

Learn to respect others and stop assuming they know nothing.

edit: And about your personal attack to call people "trolls", what I say to "999tigger" below, applies partly to you.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    Since you're already wavering, it seems he beat you at your own game =-p
    Ah, but you may not know the whole story. That person was at a war with me for days. We were undercutting one copper for overpriced items for hours.

I took the decision that we were both idiots. We were both wasting time (= gold) to undercut one another. I decided that I'm going to be smarter and stop wasting gold (= time) and try something that will have me less on the clock working for him to undercut him.

It may sell less for big but it may sell more for little.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    You complain.
    I'm sorry if this will offend you but you offer nothing. You are the typical poster that offers nothing but insults. Your desire in a thread is to call people

- whiners (Guess what, the world is not made perfect and I have no obligation to accept your view that it is perfect)

- idiots (Guess what, people do not accept your views exacty)

- whatever else you think it insults them without triggering the forum rules for bans.

I hope you realize you offer nothing but disdain.
    Last edited by mmoc4d6ae87215; 2012-07-12 at 06:02 PM.

I can't disagree with you more, he offers salient advice where it is due.

You seem to have your mind made up before you post here it seems, so why bother.

I'd advise you to just buy off what he's selling and put it on the AH again. MOAR profitz!

10+ Year Old Account
    check how low you can make him undercut - buy him out and resell economy 101 you're welcome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbs View Post
    I can't disagree with you more, he offers salient advice where it is due.

You seem to have your mind made up before you post here it seems, so why bother.
    Assuming you're not a sockpuppet, I hope you are joking because people that enter a discussion for exchange of thoughts to say "you complain", not realizing the world does end at what they think is "the truth" do not in any case offer "salient advice".

Unless you mean in a religious sense: "My advice is this and it is the only truth". "If you discuss it further you are a whiner".

Deleted
    I had a guy on an overpriced market trying to undercut every chance he got. So I started pricing low to cut his lust short. But not too low to start being bought. A sort of "wall", but not too aggressive, not too low to be ridiculous, high enough to be at a profit and still not fill worthless if being bought.

But now it appears he starts undercutting even those.

If I go more low, it's going to start feeling worthless because the profit will be in the vicinity of 5 to 10% while there is also some risk since the mats shouldn't be depleted too fast. I'd rather keep a lot for later.

It's also not easy to beat his camping times because he's almost always online at the times needed.

The only solution I can think of now is to stay firm and not let him be too profitable at those products.
    He is a bot. There is one on my realm selling gems. I have find out that lowest price he sells is 70g. I list one gem at 70g and one copper, He undercuts my gem with 5 gems priced at 70g. I buy those and resell them with way over 100% profit

How do i know he is a bot? Nobody would sell gems with 70g when they are over 200g each. Nobody would be that stupid.

It seems your jimmy is already rustling at hurricane speed, so it's pretty obvious you aren't cut out of the AH game.

You came here asking what to do and have rejected every single suggestion, as if you already know everything, so I'm trying to grasp what the point of being here is.

Are you trying to raise your post count? Trying to reassure yourself that your possibly-fabricated tactics are sound? Arguing for the sake of arguing?

Deleted
    Assuming you're not a sockpuppet, I hope you are joking because people that enter a discussion for exchange of thoughts to say "you complain", not realizing the world does end at what they think is "the truth" do not in any case offer "salient advice".

Unless you mean in a religious sense: "My advice is this and it is the only truth". "If you discuss it further you are a whiner".
    I gotta give them, Fateswarm.. You do seem very impolite and this feels alot more like a whine thread than actual request for advice. How about this.. If you REALLY just came for advice, you've gotten a whole lot of diffrent aspects and sollutions you can try out aswell as some explaining. Leave this thread alone, let it die and everybody walks away happy.

If you came to TROLL however, keep adding more wood to the bonfire. I'm not singling you out as to say you're the only one building this into a flamefest, but you're the OP and I can't fathom any 'new' advice will pop up that has'nt already been said. So let's leave it at this, people, and all go have a nice day =)

(By the way, to any newcommers to the thread: There's LOADS of good advice throughout this thread about using the AH and tips how to improve. Enjoy! =D)

Deleted

You have been offered plenty of advice, although it seems you either dont understand it or dont wnat to take it.

You tried a tactic except you didnt think ahead and now you find yourself in a low profit environment. Other ah sellers will not let you walk all over them when you take a profitable market and destroy it. They understand its the law of the ah, but they can also apply the same tactic back to you. You do not understand the ah.

Plenty of advice on other threads how to deal with this, but its normally the case that people never want to take the solution that involves effort.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but your advice is not the ultimate truth. You do not deserve respect when you use phrases:

- 'you complain'

- 'you are trolling'

- 'you are new to the game'

without

1. Any evidence to that

2. Any basis to that.

I'm sorry, but you have to earn respect. You will not demand it and you will not impose it.

I'm sorry but your advice is not the ultimate truth. You do not deserve respect when you use phrases:

- 'you complain'

- 'you are trolling'

without

1. Any evidence to that

2. Any basis to that.

I'm sorry, but you have to earn respect. You will not demand it and you will not impose it.
    First, let me succumb to your infinite wisdom: I don't really care about your respect.

Now, our evidence is in the things you've said. It's demonstrated pretty clearly that you don't have a clue what you're doing/talking about. I'm not sure why you think you need empirical evidence, when this is more than enough.

My question still stands, however. What do you want?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strossus001 View Post
    First, let me succumb to your infinite wisdom]
    That's the problem with people like you. You assume people are victims of a superiority complex.

This is called projecting. You do not accept others not seeing that distorted view of the world: that you are always right, hence they must have a problem.

And that problem is some kind of superiority complex.

The oxymoron is that this is exactly what the problem is. You do not accept others may not

1. Respect you automatically

2. Accept what you say automatically

Take a chill pill and realize people have personalities and do not automatically have to accept what you say.

Have a nice day. I do not have more time to spend on this problem.

Deleted

- 'you complain'

- 'you are trolling'

without

1. Any evidence to that

2. Any basis to that.

Evidence is the fact from what you type you dont understand the consequences of your ah straegy and why you are failing. Despite that you dont accept anyone else advice many of who are more experienced and more successful at the ah game than you. Enjoy your low profits.

Deleted
    Quit the personal back biting and insults please guys, keep it on topic, no more bickering.