Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    SC2 is solo game ... LoL is team game. Team games being more popular than solo games is not sad.
    Nor is it surprising.

It takes a special kind of gamer to be even remotely good at SC2 (or any other competetive RTS for that matter). I know I'm not cut out for it.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Cool, not surprised tho. Only surprising is that MappleStory still have so many players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why starcraft is not free to play. Does not have a non rated matchmaking mode. Does not have easy to get in to mechanics and it takes ages for a new player to get out of the cheese fest that is bronze/silver before they manage to adapt to the game itself. Its more than clear why people would pick LoL over SC as a time waster game.
    I never said I didn't know the reason why LoL is more popular than SC2, I said it is sad. Do you think I don't know that LoL is free and SC2 is not? Do you think I don't know that LoL is more user friendly than SC2? I honestly have no idea why you quoted me.

SC2 is solo game ... LoL is team game. Team games being more popular than solo games is not sad.
    That's not the only difference between those games, but I'm afraid you know that. Also, it might be that you tried to imply that solo game players are lonely people, but I like to think you know that is not true.

What the fuck is a Maple Story? New Krispy Kreme doughnut? Any anyone tried it yet? I didn't have Krispy Kreme for 3 months now so I donno about any new possible additions.

LoL being No. 1 is not surprising at all. It is been played by some 15m+ players. Say all you want about it, the game is still fun to play, amid sometimes for some people.

SC2 is not just single player game and it's damn hard to learn. You can easily say about year to learn it and new strategies are constantly being made in that game.

WoW is second which is surprising cause everyone apparently quit WoW as it's such a shit game and Blizzard is evil.

WHAT THE FUCK? DIABLO 3 IN TOP 10? This list is false. There is no way this can be true. D3 is a shit game according to some MMO-C users and about 200k Koreans which makes is shit for everyone else in the world. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    Why would anyone think that SC2 would be one of the most played games of the year? its a fantastic game but can be so fucking frustrating and difficult at times + if you lose you can't blame your team mates like in for example LoL, you can play team games in sc2 ofcourse, but everyone just rushes there wich is no fun to most players with an average of ~38 apm

Deleted
    Now what surprises me how high is the low quality game called World of Tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Spirit View Post
    Ok, thats nice, so whats your point? You shouldn't compare an MMO with a MOBA game.
    In no shape or form is it comparing.. Its just the hours the game has earnt.. wow people love to jump to conclusions.

OT: Not much of a surprise since it is F2P

Idk why everyone is so defensive in this thread... OP didn't say any game was better than the other, he just shared an article he read, and everyone started getting butt hurt. LoL is a free-game, easy to get into, and pretty big in the e-sports world so obviously people are going to play it.

It doesn't matter that this many people play X game, but I play Y game.... some day people will understand this.

Deleted
    i dont understand this.. team fortress 2 current players on steam very very rarely drops below 50k (daily peak is 65k or higher) so i guess that would mean hours played daily would be....

50000 x 24 = 1200000 hours a day

so if we times that by 365 for every day of the year we get...

1200000 x 365 = 438000000

So as a rough estimate using a low average of current players playing the game we get 438000000 hours logged.

Summary STRONG LIST

If this is coming from Xfire, then it's not entirely accurate. It's also free to play and graphically underwhelming, which means more PC gamers can access it.

I would have thought LoL would have taken most hours played in a year by a long shot, if you combine all the different regions then its just amazing how hours are being sunk into it daily!

Riot Games must be making a ton of money.