Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no desire in getting married and having those monsters you call kids.

i didn't wanna get married or have kids, but now i have 2 kids and have been married twice. you deal with it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Not every women is the same, and the same goes for children. If you were that bad of a child, then your parents were probably raising you wrong. Granted, children aren't for everyone, but saying you don't want them because YOU were a bad child is a dumb reason.

When it comes to women, the same rule applies. You can't judge every woman, based on how your mother was and how your friends wives are. There are millions of women out there and for you to put them all into the same category as your mom and friends wives is just ignorant.

Do whatever makes you happy in life. BUT you can atleast stop being so closed minded on a subject that you have no experience in. You are a person "looking from the outside in". You can't say you know what it WILL be like, based on what you seeing from the very FEW people in your life.
    I would rate your post a 10! this has pretty much been the best comment in this thread,

No never, I like my freedom
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see marriage as being worth it. Statistically, your marriage is as likely to fail as it is to succeed (with divorce rates in the US being literally like 50% or higher), and the guy tends to get completely screwed in the divorce proceedings due to old-fashioned thinking about women. I mean, you get some fantastic tax breaks... but that's saving money in the short term and losing it in the long term if you're a guy. Half of the time.

I don't think there's anything wrong with people living together out of wedlock, or having kids out of wedlock. At least if you haven't tied the knot, things are a little easier and more likely to be fair - you don't have lawyers and judges deciding who gets what.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I don't really see marriage as being worth it. Statistically, your marriage is as likely to fail as it is to succeed (with divorce rates in the US being literally like 50% or higher), and the guy tends to get completely screwed in the divorce proceedings due to old-fashioned thinking about women. I mean, you get some fantastic tax breaks... but that's saving money in the short term and losing it in the long term if you're a guy. Half of the time.

I don't think there's anything wrong with people living together out of wedlock, or having kids out of wedlock. At least if you haven't tied the knot, things are a little easier and more likely to be fair - you don't have lawyers and judges deciding who gets what.

This.

Someday I may want to make a couple little Roanguts, though I think I'll make a terrible parent.

Roangut Jr. : Dad, Roan-pup is chewing on my toys again!
    Roangut : OK... go chew on his then you'll be even.

And If my wife ever gives me an ultimatum that I have to choose between her and the dog... I pick the dog.

Not to sound heartless, but nobody who I love/loves me would ever force me to get rid of my pet, nor would I ask the same of them.
    Last edited by Zapgreen; 2012-07-13 at 06:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    This.

Someday I may want to make a couple little Roanguts, though I think I'll make a terrible parent.

Roangut Jr. : Dad, Roan-pup is chewing on my toys again!
    Roangut : OK... go chew on his then you'll be even.

And If my wife ever gives me an ultimatum that I have to choose between her and the dog... I pick the dog.

Not to sound heartless, but nobody who I love/loves me would ever force me to get rid of my pet, nor would I ask the same of them.
    Because your pup would never place that same kind of demand on you. It's innocent, faithful, and undemanding.

God, dogs are awesome.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    I want nothing more than become a house wife, and you would think I'm kidding...
    I'd be perfectly happy being a house husband. Role reversal aside, I like cooking/cleaning/fixing up the house, and I'm sure I wouldn't mind taking care of my future kids.

On topic: I've always wanted kids, but lately my drive for it has been vanishing. They're just.... loud. Obnoxious. Smelly. Dirty.

I don't know. I've always disliked OTHER people's kids. The only kid in my entire adult life I've not hated is my wife's cousin's kid. Mainly because he's quiet, listens VERY well, and talks to me about Star Wars all the time. He also collects all the beer caps my wife and I save him.

I just assume that, when it's my kid, I'll be different. It's how I am with dogs, too. I hate everyone else's dog, but I like mine. Because I discipline it my way and it does what I fucking tell it to. I hope kids will turn out the same.

Besides I'm kinda screwed, family wise. My dad was an only son, and my brother's never going to have a kid of his own. I'm the only one who can carry on the family name, I'm also the only one who will provide a proper grandchild to my parents and niece/nephew to my sister. (Sister had her stuff removed due to complications, brother is more or less sterile and even if he managed to fix that, he's been on social security disability for ages. He's got a future step son, though, whenever he gets married, but that doesn't count as far as I'm concerned)

Edit: Not wanting to get married because women drive dudes you know down is a terrible reason. I've known couples where the lady wears the pants and the dude's fine with that. I'm not that way. I have a rather dominant personality in relationships, and I have my father's temper, and my wife is very.... meek? I can't think of a better word.

Not trying to sound misogynistic, but I'm usually the more dominant and my wife just goes with it. She doesn't "drag me down" nor make me miserable, but quite the opposite. I don't drag her down, either, or make her do shit she doesn't want to do.

It's not that I go around bashing my wife for being a woman (or any woman) or think they should automatically be subservient to men. Nor do I expect my wife to be my fucking slave and do nothing but pop out babies. We make mutual decisions in everything, and it's a bitch to get her to speak up half the time.

Edit: "....and not scorning the three delightful children who result— who are everything to me and who are my only chance of a human glimpse of a second life, let alone an immortal one..." - Christopher Hitchens

"To live in the hearts we leave behind is to never die." - Carl Sagan

I truly believe the only chance at immortality we have is passing on our genes to our children. Unfortunately we're fucking programmed to believe that by said genes, but... whatever.
    Last edited by Dirgon; 2012-07-13 at 07:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marriage, no. Kids, hell no!
    Surrounded by idiots

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirgon View Post
    I'd be perfectly happy being a house husband. Role reversal aside, I like cooking/cleaning/fixing up the house, and I'm sure I wouldn't mind taking care of my future kids.
    <snip>
    Oh, well I guess I should have said house husband, also.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably get married, no kids though.

I don't want kids until I'm financially stable. But I do want a wife and kids someday, I honestly can't imagine my future without them. I don't want to be a lonely man growing old alone in a dark house with no soccer games or recitals to annoy me, even though I like going to them. It seems like a horrible existence without these things.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Because your pup would never place that same kind of demand on you. It's innocent, faithful, and undemanding.

God, dogs are awesome.

There is truth in this. Try locking your dog and wife in the boot of the car for an hour. Then let them out and see which one is pleased to see you

Quote Originally Posted by Schaapa View Post
    Marriage, no. Kids, hell no!
    Don't close the window on it completely. It should never be an obligation to get married or have kids, but if you find the perfect partner, why not?

On the other hand, a good friend of mine was shopping in the grocery store the other day and I observed her 3 and 4 year old kids running amok up and down the aisles, with her chasing after them trying to get them under control. The whole time the other store patrons were trying not to stare.

So yeah, stuff like that makes me never want kids.

At this point in time of my life I really have no clue what I want to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm already married, and t.b.h. I've never been as happy as I am now. As for kids... I don't feel I am responsible enough right now, but hope I will be someday

I don't want kids for certain. Living with annoying d*ckheads for 18 years of my life? Seriously?
    As a child I would drive my parents crazy. I always felt I was right (and still do) but my parents would get frustrated nonetheless. Quite frankly, I don't want that impinging on what could potentially be a great life. Not only that, but they take up an awful lot of your time as well. I just want to be "free" and live my life to the fullest, enjoying as much of it as I can - and I don't believe I'll get that with kids.

I do want a relationship but I don't see the point in marriage other than financially it's better to be married than to not be. My girlfriend and I have been together for a while now, and she knows I don't want kids - she seems to just be hoping that I will change my mind soon. I won't. I know things with us won't last but I don't want to break them off, because I feel madly in love with her.

Live your life how you want it to, I won't say don't listen to anyone else because that's not right, but ultimately don't let others make decisions for you. If you don't want to be coming home from work every day to a wife and children, then you are not obliged to.

I've been with the same woman for almost 15 years and neither of us sees any point to having a piece of paper that says we're married.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    There is truth in this. Try locking your dog and wife in the boot of the car for an hour. Then let them out and see which one is pleased to see you
    This made me chuckle, thanks

I'm fairly neutral on the subject of marriage - my parents have been pretty good role models in that respect. They've been married for 37 years, and whilst they have had their share of rocky times, they are still happy and love each other.
    I personally don't believe you have to be married to enjoy that kind of relationship though. A ring and a bit of paper isn't what makes my parents' relationship special. They are.

I'm love my partner very much and if he asked me to marry him, I would say yes. But unlike a lot of women, I'm not fussed if he doesn't ask. We have a great relationship as it is.
    We have what's called in Dutch a samenwoningsovereenkomst or samenlevingscontract (living together contract), because we have a joint mortgage - the living together contract gives the other partner rights to the home if one partner dies without leaving a will, it protects us both if the relationship does happen to go south - so one side can't screw the other out of the house, and it gives us the same tax breaks that married couples enjoy.

As for kids, I'd say no. Neither my partner nor myself want children. Whether that changes, I can't say. But I think it's unlikely.

Sorry that your family and friends' wives have left you with a bitter outlook on relationships, OP. It's your life and your decision of course, but I can't help but think you're making your life choices for the wrong reasons. Not all women are nagging harpies. I'd even venture to say that most are not :P
    Last edited by Kerath; 2012-07-13 at 08:49 AM.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    Thank you for saying the best thing I have ever read on this site. I am going to use that as my sig, if you don't mind.

----

Adding this to stay somewhat on Topic.

I didn't use to want a pack of little Roanguts, but I think I do later on. Having a Mini-Roan gives me a good excuse to have fun doing kids stuff that I use to do without looking like a creeper. I remember going with my dad to chuck E cheese when i was little. For obvious reasons I stopped doing that when I got older. You can take them to amusement parks, and kid movies, sports games, and Pretty much raise a mini-you.

It sounds kind of awesome. I still don't like other kids, especially the neighbor's kids and their barking rat (I like Dogs that descend from the majestic wolf, not those mutant creatures girls stick in their purses) but my own, a little me, or even if I adopted I'd make an exception.
    Last edited by Zapgreen; 2012-07-13 at 09:51 AM.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"