RIFT on sale on Steam

£6.79, includes a months subscription time. Use in conjunction with an Ascend a Friend promotion to get 37 days in total

6.79 Euro, that's insanely cheap O_O
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    6.79 Euro, that's insanely cheap O_O
    God bless Steam Summer Sales

They have it for $4.99USD on their site

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ukrainium View Post
    They have it for $4.99USD on their site
    I don't think that this version includes 30 free days now?

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    I don't think that this version includes 30 free days now?
    Aha, thats why it's so cheap. Makes sense!

Deleted
    Wow indeed cheap! i just might try that

Deleted
    You will not regret it.
    Just dont roll on the highest population server your first toon.
    They are a bit laggy atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    You will not regret it.
    Just dont roll on the highest population server your first toon.
    They are a bit laggy atm.
    So should I roll on a medium pop server? I'm really not into the low-"lowmed" pop servers on WoW and much prefer the high-full ones, but if it's insanely laggy I'll stick with a medium one.

I also purchased this (thank you steam summer sale) and how is it compared to WoW? It cost me 7$ or something and I'm just looking for entertainment 'til MoP. I didn't even know it came with a free month of gametime until I read these posts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static X View Post
    So should I roll on a medium pop server? I'm really not into the low-"lowmed" pop servers on WoW and much prefer the high-full ones, but if it's insanely laggy I'll stick with a medium one.

I also purchased this (thank you steam summer sale) and how is it compared to WoW? It cost me 7$ or something and I'm just looking for entertainment 'til MoP. I didn't even know it came with a free month of gametime until I read these posts
    Medium is a very healthy population their server caps are very high I and a group of people are in the process of transferring off a high pop server it's far too crowded and at peak times has que's.

Server transfers are free btw so if you're not happy where you are at instant xfer available on a one week CD.

It's not insanely laggy, but it can be noticeable during peak hours. Medium pop servers will probably be best, and still have tons of people.

Compared to WoW, at first you're going to find it fairly samey, except for the Rifts and Invasions and Instant adventures, you'll like them at first. As you level you will probably get sick of the questing, leveling is very dull in RIFT.

However if you make it to 50 you'll be amazed at how much there is to do, and I think find it very enjoyable.

Deleted
    Well if anyone starting on the EU is looking for a helping hand, PM me.

I've posted this before, but I play on a server that's permanently low by Trion's standards and I can safely say that I see people in every zone, we beat every single zone event very quickly, and there are several raiding guilds that do well.