Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Top German Insurance Firm Organizes Yearly Orgy for Best Employees!

German insurance firm Munich Re, one of the world's biggest insurance companies organised an orgy with prostitutes for its top salesmen at a Hungarian spa. Ergo, a division of German firm Munich Re, has confirmed that this happened in 2007.

Gerhard Schneibel, journalist for the media organisation Deutsche Welle, told BBC Radio 5 live: "There was plenty of alcohol and 20 prostitutes there." "They had colour-coded arm-bands, apparently," Schneibel explained to 5 live Breakfast. With their 100 best agents attending, there was 1 prostitute for every 5 employees. "One was for regular hostesses, the other was for prostitutes, and the white ribbon was for prostitutes reserved for top management."

The event was used as a recruiting tool for the massive insurance firm. In their employee magazine, the firm stated, "That's just one of the things that makes it so wonderful to be a Hamburg-Mannheimer(ERGO) freak. There were things you couldn't believe.........things that were so freaky, so unbelievable and indescribable that they shouldn't be allowed."

One guest said that beds had been set up around the baths where the salesmen could "do what they wanted". The women, he claimed, were then given an ink stamp on their forearms to show how popular they had been: some of the women ended up with more than a dozen stamps, it is alleged. "The ladies came in and showed us what they had." Beds were set up on either sides of the thermal baths, he said. "Anyone could go to one of the beds with one of the ladies and do what he wanted."

Munich Re is one of the world's largest insurance firms. It manages assets worth over 230 billion, has a yearly revenue over 40 billion and operates in 30 different countries. The subsiduary in question, ERGO is the financial groups primary arm. According to industry insiders, the revelation is a massive embarrassment for the company, especially as it has just launched a major advertising campaign.

Sources:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13470731
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...erman-salesmen
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-air-spa.html

Deleted
    The BBC article you linked is from 20 May 2011. This isn't new.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the bigger problem is the implication that all of their 100 top employees are either male or lesbian, or that the top (heterosexual) women didn't get a reward.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    This news is soooooooooo old, come on.
    And honestly, if you were a single working for that company, wouldn't you just join the orgy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrach View Post
    This news is soooooooooo old, come on.
    And honestly, if you were a single working for that company, wouldn't you just join the orgy?
    Nope, I tend to avoid sleeping with whores.

This is news to me, it's a pretty awesome reward if you're single and lonely, and like Ynna said if you're a heterosexual male which is a little unfair, but then again I don't know if there are male prostitutes?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    So sluts are ok?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I think the bigger problem is the implication that all of their 100 top employees are either male or lesbian, or that the top (heterosexual) women didn't get a reward.
    Would be pretty hilarious if well performing women sued them for sexual discrimination over this event

Finance in general is still a quite male dominated field, though there certainly is a significant portion of women as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    So sluts are ok?
    Same thing in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    ^this, whores and sluts are nothing but trouble.

On another note, the event is just another example of 'sex sells' just far more literal than in most other examples and cases.

Deleted
    Europe...

Quote Originally Posted by NeonX View Post
    This is news to me, it's a pretty awesome reward if you're single and lonely, and like Ynna said if you're a heterosexual male which is a little unfair, but then again I don't know if there are male prostitutes?
    gigalos are male prostitutes i believe

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many top salesmen were in trouble after their wives read this article (obviously a german version).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    Gigolos are male prostitutes I believe.
    True, but the article makes no mention of it, and nowhere does it even imply that women were invited to the event as anything other than hostesses or prostitutes.

Leading to another question, what about gay males?
    Resurrected Holy Priest

if they're top shelf hookers they're probably std tested and shit. don't understand the problem

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    gigalos are male prostitutes i believe
    You are correct sir.

Pretty old news.

Still hilarious, though.

I know where I want to work now...

Deleted

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobywongg View Post
    I know where I want to work now...
    Indeed! I see nothing wrong with it. Companies all over the world do this kind of thing for "closing deals" etc.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."