Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    True, I've just never seen one person so unreasonably targeted like she is. If she was causing some kind of media scandal, the intense focus would at least be logical, but she does almost next to nothing [bar reading the autoque] and people go out of their way to judge her tits/voice/posture '.'
    She does seem to be cupping her breasts with her hand movements an unreasonably high percentage of the time, but you're right. Quite frankly, I find it hard to empathise with almost *any* of the myriad of negative comments you'll find on almost any video (even those with seemingly nothing to anger people). If I find a video I don't like, I stop watching it. As simple as that.
    A bitter and opinionated individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know. Personally, I think she's pretty, and also smart. Win/win. That said, the people commenting about it are probably teenagers that are doing the same thing as "rating girls" except more harshly, and over the internet.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

She seems like the sort of person that would annoy me, but then again so does anyone in a video who is not by default grumpy, angry or cynical. Rather than be a masochist, I just opt not to watch them; some people on the Internet should follow that lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    She seems like the sort of person that would annoy me, but then again so does anyone in a video who is not by default grumpy, angry or cynical. Rather than be a masochist, I just opt not to watch them; some people on the Internet should follow that lead.
    that would require people being responsible for themselves.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people care about her to begin with? If she was a guy nobody would give two shits.

Deleted
    Anyone that watches a Curse video is in no position to judge others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Wow. That's almost precisely how I feel.

Is there a name for this!?
    A bitter and opinionated individual.

Saw Pico, expected something entirely different, disappointed.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    last I heard about her was when she was full tard when she was interviewing GC or something
    Quote Originally Posted by ubergoose
    here is your rotation:
    face -> keyboard -> roll

I think people find her face and mimics? annoying...People also say she's not good at her job. I bet she deosn't give a flying fuck. I don't watch Curse videos and I don't give a shit about the level of her annoyance but I do find these kind of threads interesting :>

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Why do people care about her to begin with? If she was a guy nobody would give two shits.
    Wrong. I've seen many threads about male casters, players as well.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-13 at 12:06 AM.

Because she's annoying as hell, and the fact the people just decide to talk about her all the time just increases the annoyance factor.

Because some people find her annoying. A fair chunk of them are people trolling the white knights that will flock to defend any attractive chick on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the issue is, she's not exceptionally good at what she does, and it's pretty clear she was only given the opportunity because she's a pretty face. It's true that she kind of gets distracting with the arm-flailing, and I get when people say that it doesn't seem like she knows what she's talking about.

When you compare her performance to say, a weather girl from even some podunk town in the middle of nowhere, there is no comparison.

People critique the performance of other people's jobs all the time. I see thread after thread, where people complain about the service they received from a restaurant, or at the Ministry of Transport/Department of Motor Vehicles/Whatever it's called where you live - critiquing people's jobs.

People will pipe in at this point, "but you aren't paying for a service with these videos, but you are with the other examples"; but you are. You are paying for it with your viewership (which generates them ad sale power), and you are also directly generating ad revenue for Curse, and Curse is paying her to do this job. I mean, there is a company earning a profit here, you do have a right to ask for a better quality product - and you do have a right to stop using the product you are unsatisfied with.

And if you don't like the job she is doing, I guess commenting about it on Youtube is one way of going about it. Perhaps not the best way, but to each their own. Personally, I like my route: I show my dissatisfaction by NOT watching these videos, and NOT earning them ad revenue. Eventually, if it matters enough to enough people, and these people do this - it will prompt Curse to do something about it.

It's kind of the reverse of "voting with your wallet"; while you aren't refusing to purchase something you are dissatisfied with, you are also not earning them any profit - and in fact, if the quality increased, they would have your viewership - amongst others, I am sure.

And I think it's just the best way to go about it. If you don't like Pico, if you think she's terrible - I think the best thing you can do is not watch her.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Opinions are opinions I really don't watch curse videos and imo she isn't that good nor that bad just really bland since to me she is reading word for word on the screen. There are other chicks who do blogs or news that have a bit more emotion and passion for what they do and Pico doesn't seem to have that.
    Last edited by Ave07; 2012-07-13 at 01:55 AM.

Because this is the internet.
    It regularly exposes us to the worst of people.
    Sensible people aren't as vocal as the idiots.

i find her annoying, and this is just an opinion therefor you should not care about it. i am just saying what is my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Because some people find her annoying. A fair chunk of them are people trolling the white knights that will flock to defend any attractive chick on the internet.
    I'd jump to defend anyone who is receiving an unrealistic amount of bullshit for absolutely no reason besides "I'm 12".

Shes cute in some videos, not all of them though. I don't HATE her. But I do find her weird head bobs and hand motions a little to much.

I don't make a habit of reading youtube comments, but I have had conversations with friends about people's opinion of her. I find her to be very bad at her job. She is a poor speaker. She distracts from the material she wants to present due to poor speaking habits. I don't care what she looks like. Olivia Munn had the same problem when she first got in front of the camera on G4, maybe she needs to send Pico the coaches she used. I'm not claiming I could do the job. I have horrible habits when it comes to language and no skill in public speaking.

Pico needs to be trained or replaced. Or I can just continue to watch other videos and not worry about it until she's watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I think the issue is, she's not exceptionally good at what she does, and it's pretty clear she was only given the opportunity because she's a pretty face.
    And that's the thing, she's really not that attractive.